Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Another avatar site. :o

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 05:17:32 )
@The Tentacle Lover: I got sorted into the Tigers hogwarts house. Pretty cool! What house are you in? :vanora_xd:

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 05:32:15 )
@Saeyra: I'm in Tigons, but to be honest the smaller chats are hardly used haha. Once you realize how many of the chats are ones you don't need to pay attention to, it becomes a lot less overwhelming. I usually lurk on the art, general, character chat and hoots until I see an open RP to nab.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 05:34:57 )
@The Tentacle Lover: I wish there was some kinda friendly competition to make the clubs more fun like a dance-off or something XD yeah the art chat has some really great art! I am lurking in the DnD chat because I can somewhat understand whats going on there. :vanora_xd:

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 05:50:36 )
@Saeyra: If you wanna see how a group roleplay works, take a look in some of the existing RP rooms like #gotham-city or #cats-tail-tavern. They're pretty basic and a lot of fun!

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 05:59:20 )
@The Tentacle Lover: Wow its pretty cool! How long have you been RPing? I like the way you write man. I am not a writer so I can't say why but its easy to read and understand when you write...it has a flow? I think I am discovering a newfound appreciation for roleplay.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 06:22:54 )
@Saeyra: My god, since like 2003, 2004 maybe? I started on Gaia and I was terrible. Between getting older, having good RP role models and taking writing classes, I learned a lot! Thank you very much for the compliment. I'm not the best, but I do what I can to make my RP partners happy!

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 06:29:24 )
Hello and welcome young Voltie! Nice to meet yah!
There is something haunting in the light of the moon;
It has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 06:30:02 )
@The Tentacle Lover: Thanks for introducing me to this discord! I hope I learn alot from these people and maybe when I am less embarrassed about my writing I will dip my toes in a little. I look forward to any tips and tricks you may be willing to give. I am so...whats the word for that feeling when you see masters work and you are just like woooow....and you don't feel like you could ever be that good :D

I hope hanging around there will help me expand my vocabulary and also teach me how to express myself alot better.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 06:31:01 )
@Fielkun: Thank you! :D

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 06:39:19 )
@Saeyra: Aww, no worries! We have people that are still kinda trying to figure out how to use grammar and punctuation, and people that speak English as a second language too - don't feel too intimidated, there's something for everyone! Basically, punctuation + grammar + paragraph breaks will get you a long way.

When the mood strikes you, you can check out #hoots and #looking-for-RP if you're ready to start looking for a place to try RPing. ^^ But of course, first you have to get a character put together if you don't have any made up yourself (they call them original characters, or fan characters if your character would exist in a fandom like Batman or Steven Universe or something). Here's an example of one of my original character pages (you don't have to use this site, but it makes it easier to sort things out): https://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=110109

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 06:48:31 )
@The Tentacle Lover: Oh I have a couple of original characters with descriptions and backstories already created for D&D I can use those to start with, its pretty comprehensive. I know what items they are carrying, personality traits, how skilled they are at certain tasks, and of course their appearance. They have been born but they haven't gotten any chance to really live yet :vanora_smile: I hope to go on lots of adventures with them someday.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 06:56:53 )
@The Tentacle Lover: not suuure if i already popped in here but hello! welcome :)
call me grem
they/them

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 07:43:47 )
welcome to another form of escapism the fun land of voltra

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 09:52:08 )
@Saeyra: RPing with them will definitely help them get more fleshed out. I know some of my characters as well as if I was related to them!

@nyreen: I don't think you were in here before. Thanks!

@okios: Lol, thanks! I agree there. Life has plenty of curve balls to escape from.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 10:07:40 )
@The Tentacle Lover: Cool! Yeah I will be needing lots of practice. Hopefully when I am not so busy I will start writing some things and maybe looking for partners.

Always ping me please.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.