Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I bought a moped

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/30 23:17:21 )
Im excited but also scared of it :vanora_upsidedown: never driven a thing like this before. gonna be fun to adapt to it.

dont mind the messy garage. parents have a lotta stuff

Donator — 404Error Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 01:36:09 )
That’s super fancy, and really cool! I bet it’s also cheap to drive around

Admin — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 02:14:44 )
@Seo: I need it! Orange is my favorite color! <3
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 05:35:08 )
Sweet bike

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 05:42:00 )
Awwh it's cute as heck too! CONGRATS!
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 08:44:50 )

@Seo: when you go drive it, make sure that the helmet is on right and your arms and legs are covered. It may feel nice when it's warm to drive around in shorts and a t-shirt, but, when you fall, it will be very painful.
For the helmet, I saw many who didn't have on secure, who fell and the helmet flew off.

Voltie — _xe@insta Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 04:59:54 )
That looks so pretty and adorable!
Please do share how driving it goes.
I'm actually interested in getting a motorcycle. :'D ..As soon as i take lessons and stuff haha. I know how to drive a car, but i've never driven a motorcycle.
~(˘▾˘)~

Donator — nyan? Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 10:29:01 )
neko says;
Looks pretty snazzy.

sell me rigs please♥

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 19:52:40 )
I'd like to hear how driving it goes too. I plan on getting one in the future so any tips and tricks would be helpful.
I hear it is a lot cheaper to have a scooter than a car. A lot cheaper. Plus they're easier for use in big cities. (which is why I want one.)

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 06:10:12 )
Waaaaah that's a awesome! I want one!!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 16:02:06 )
@Zach:
it def is cheap to drive around. Im so glad <3

@Fozzy:
Me too man *A* i love orange!

@Tuijp:
of course! thanks for the tips! I've got my helm straps down, its just undoing them that can take me a while lmao

@x:
@Faust Sheep:
Yeah I've never driven a motorized bike of any form before. So it was weird the first try, my arms felt wobbly and the speeds seem to change pretty quickly. I can bolt to 20 mph almost immediately, but I can also stop super quickly, so when I see a stop sign coming up I keep stopping too soon sometimes cause I naturally want to treat it like a car and slow to a stop. xD bike takes much less time to do that.
Sharp turns can also be a bit wonky. I feel like I'll tip over if I take them, and I end up turning a little too wide. But just gotta practice. lmao

but yeah, they're much much cheaper than a car. My state doesn't require them to be plated, so that cuts the initial cost a bit too. My insurance is about 12$ per month with personal injury protection and liability covered. So if you didn't care about PIP, it'd be even cheaper >> butidontadvisethat
My dad wouldn't let me pay for the first gas fill, so for that I dont know yet how much it'll be. But I know its SIGNIFICANTLY less than a car's average gas cost.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 19:47:28 )
@Seo: Wow, that's so nice and cheap. I might seriously consider one, especially if I move to California where the weather won't be such an issue. Do you mind me asking how much you spent on it, for my own curiosity?
previously keef with a k

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/12 03:29:09 )
@keef:
overall I ended up dropping $1500. The bike alone was about $1300 if I recall correctly? so yeah it really wasn't bad :D

ama

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/12 04:15:37 )

Oh wow! That's a beaut! I've been planning on getting a moped myself, thinking of a 150 cc one when I get enough saved up, since you only need a regular license (from what I've heard).
What's nice is that almost anyone can ride one, but like you have said above it gets some getting used to.

20-Lesbian
I'm randomly active bc of anxiety!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.