Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Literature Need some help about a book

Voltie Posted 2 months ago ( 2024/03/4 19:07:34 )
Hello,

I’m wanting to write a book about a magical girl. The question I have is: what different ways can someone become a magical girl?

I just need some ideas. Any help would be grateful.

Thanks <3

Donator Posted 2 months ago ( 2024/03/5 16:48:46 )
Born that way?
Touched an object?
Came of age and found out she is majical?
Died and came back that way?

Just some ideas.

Donator — he/him/theirs Posted 2 months ago ( 2024/03/5 17:53:07 )
Ooo neat question!
Maybe some kind of magical entity (angel, demon, sorcerer-on-high, etc.) has some kind of scheme and grants a person magical abilities to carry it out (whether or not the person actually uses that magic for said scheme!) - inspired a bit by Death Note here methinks.
Or maybe something to do with her messing around with rituals/witchcraft/anything along those lines, and having it suddenly grant powers - I know that kind of practice is pretty popular or common nowadays so lots of research material for it!
Perhaps something technological/sci-fi, even, like something she sees online somehow rewires her brain to make her body capable of supernatural abilities?! Kinda inspired by The Matrix with that one... I dunno.
Maybe forming a relationship with an animal which then reveals itself to be magical, and shares some of that power with the girl.

Just some of my random thoughts - hope they help you along in your brainstorming process!!

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 2 months ago ( 2024/03/6 03:13:30 )
Maybe through religion, if a parent or the Head of that character's Religious group select them of that]

Thank you Ruby for Vanora's Memories𓃵
Ensuite, je suis le fantôme de Novembre!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.