Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Harmony Hills & Anniversary 2023 Come hang out with Rena!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/28 01:37:14 )
[font=segoe print] @Totalanimefan: That's good. It's always good to see you and chat with you! I've been tired since i woke up this morning, but i haven't done a whole lot today./font]

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/28 01:49:01 )

@Alorrena: That's ok. We all need rest days. You have been doing so much lately.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/28 02:09:08 )
@Totalanimefan: Sadly i feel like i haven't done all that much. I think that's maybe the chronic depression talking and not reality, but it's fine. It's a constant struggle to determine reality versus perception, but it helps me stay aware of my actions. You've also been doing a lot lately, and i want you to remember rest days are important too!

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/28 02:27:20 )

Questing :
Squirrel Away x2 | Untamed Outlaw | Song of Sixpence | Cheerful Companions | Garland Darlin’ | Gi-GNOME-ous | Big Ol’ Jolly

Trading 1x Festive Dear for A Gi-GNOME-ous and Big Ol'Jolly, and if i can get a Garland Darlin' I'd be psyched.

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
Alorrena:
@Totalanimefan: We haven't really gone out much since sunday so we haven't gotten the stuff for the catalytic converter yet. But it was able to go from Deltona to Daytona and back on sunday and then to wendy's and back this morning without any issues. We Kinda need to wait another 2 weeks before we can really get the stuff because as of right now we're pretty broke cause i just paid rent for october. It's decent on mpg, and it doesn't have any other issues right now so i'm quite happy with it.

@Ruby: Me too, it's so nice to have the option to leave the house whenever i want now.
Yeah, it is. Like..everything is so expensive now. It's honestly kind of exhausting.

@star2000shadow: Honestly, i think he just lost track of time. He does that a lot when he's talking with his friends, and our gf was at work so he wasn't really paying attention lol
I understand missing your sister. My younger sisters live in Wisconsin and it's so difficult to be able to afford to go visit, even without having to worry about food or a place to stay (i could stay with the youngest, or my dad, and i'm pretty sure if they didn't have space my cousins would put me up). Like right now, if i were to go for a week it would be about 150 for a round trip flight, but i'd still have to save up for that and that's a little out of the question right now, especially if i have to replace something on my van (it's always something that needs paid for!). It's so difficult being away from sisters and family members who are far away (i live that truth; my physically closest relative (not counting inlaws) is a cousin on my dad's side that i met once when i got married. She's cool though and lives about 4 hours away in Miami). If i remember correctly you were fairly close to Wanda, so that makes it even more difficult to deal with. Do you talk with her often? I know when i'm missing my youngest sister a lot i call her frequently and it helps a little.

I talk with her as often as I can find a ride to the jail to see her, 'rubs face' we're still working on getting her out. and then there's all this other stuff I'm dealing with, keeping food in the house, TRYING, and failing, to keep stuff clean, or as clean as wanda did..she was my in home care assistant. we were gonna get her registered so she could get paid for doing what she was already doing while living with me. we also have to find a new place before she gets out so that we can all live together still 'sigh' life sucks sometimes. <:3( )~~

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/28 02:38:14 )

Questing :
Squirrel Away x2 | Untamed Outlaw | Song of Sixpence | Cheerful Companions | Garland Darlin&rsquo; | Gi-GNOME-ous | Big Ol&rsquo; Jolly

Trading 1x Festive Dear for A Gi-GNOME-ous and Big Ol'Jolly, and if i can get a Garland Darlin' I'd be psyched.

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
Totalanimefan:

@star2000shadow: Wanda? I don't know what is going on.

For my my dad almost died in the hospital. Had to make an emergency trip down to Florida. He was on a vent but somehow it lived. Know one thought that it was going to make it.

She's my older sister 'nods' she's a great sister that's for sure. um..we've hit a rough spot and she seems to be the one paying for it anyways, how goes your month. <:3( )~~

Artist Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/28 05:11:40 )
@Alorrena: haha definitely opposites! If I could stay home forever I’d love it 😂 I didn’t used to mind going out as much but its SO draining on me and overwhelming. I’m much more sensitive to everything than I used to be so its just a sensory nightmare usually. The only time I want to go out is to the craft store xD

Today was definitely not the norm for me. I’ve been away for 27 hours currently lol
I had 2 appointments today, a technician came to our house for an hour, we ate a few times and went shopping. I needed to find a new soap I can handle. What I have isn’t working/smell changed. So that was tough because I hate strong scents and lots of them give me headaches. I found one I don’t absolutely hate so I’m counting that a win 😂 and I got some more candles lol
How about you?

Donator — Am Potato Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/28 06:01:51 )
@star2000shadow: That's really rough. I know how important it is to have an in home aid when you dearly need it. I also struggle with keeping things clean, so i know just how difficult that can be! Hopefully y'all will be able to get her out soon and it won't take too long. Having all of that stress and then having to move on top of that doesn't help matters. I'm sorry you're dealing with all of that!

@Ruby: My husband is like that. He'd stay home all the time if he could and really only wants to go to the card shop (which we haven't done in a while cause it's like 30 minutes away. i expect that we will be going again soon though.) or to our friend Andy's house (cause he takes us out for dinner when we go out there- he's an engineer and has plenty of money to toss at activities. When Andy comes to visit us (which isn't often because living with my MIL isn't the most fun thing) i either cook or we pay for his meal if we go out.
I on the other hand like getting out of the house and feel cooped up if i don't go somewhere at least once a week, preferably more, even if i feel fairly tired after i get home. Like for me, more stimulation is good (cause adhd), but not too much or i get overwhelmed ( again cause adhd...unless i'm at disney. The more the better there because i WANT to be drained when i get home so i can fall asleep quickly). Like, Tyi likes to listen to music in the car but i'm perfectly content listening to the sound the tires make on the pavement and the fans of the A/C. I get entertained by my thoughts enough when i'm driving, plus i gotta focus which can be difficult if too much is happening.

I'm "not allowed" to go to the craft store alone when we have spending money because i have no self restraint. Last year for my birthday i got a pretty good amount of birthday money and spent it all on fabric and sewing notions.

oh wow that's a long time to be away! It definitely sounds like a busy day! I totally get you on the strong scents thing, because some scents i just cannot stand. Like anything green apple scented is a pass for me. Gimme coconut or like a honey scent any day! I do hate the "unscented" soaps. they don't smell good at all to me. I like when shampoo scents stay in my hair all day though, but i want to be able to go nose blind to it easily. I would also count finding one you don't absolutely hate as a win too! I love candles. We recently got a wax warmer and a bunch of wax melts for it and out of the 19 scents we got, only 1 we both can't stand, and one he doesn't like but i do, and one i don't care for that he likes a lot, which i think if pretty good odds lol Candles hit differently though, because fire >:D Unfortunately, because my MIL keeps the house so warm, it's not worth lighting my numerous candles because of how much heat they emit.

I didn't do much today. I played a little minecraft for a couple hours when i woke up and then Tyi put on the last episode of an anime that came out this year that was really good, and then he showed me another one that's pretty good so far. Then our gf got off work and when she got home we played like an hour of pokemon violet/scarlet, her son wanted to play her copy of violet so we stopped and watched youtube videos until they went to bed. Then i watched facebook reels for a couple hours and now i'm here. Might go to bed soon but idk yet. i'll probably watch more facebook reels before i call it a night.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/28 13:16:07 )

@Alorrena: thanks. Last night I was resting and I was feeling guilty playing an old game I loved instead of doing something else or even playing a new video game I hadn’t played yet. I was like there is only so much time you get in this world. Do something productive. But there is nothing wrong with playing an old game you love. (It was Pokémon Platinum)

@star2000shadow: I’m sorry to hear that. My sept has been much better but still a lot. We had an electrician in the house he had to work for 5 days to fix the issues we had. And then we are going closets put in. It was supposed to happen this week but now I think it’s going to be next week. But I had more time to be at home and make my house feel like a home which is nice.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/30 07:14:57 )
@Totalanimefan: Honestly you could say taking time to play a game you love is productive. It's recharging your battery and taking some time to yourself. Sometimes, You can't do things until you take a moment to take care of yourself, whether that's playing a game or watching tv or taking a nap, it's important to do some self care.

Donator Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/30 14:19:58 )
I agree with Alorrena, self care is very important and as long as it's not harming anyone or yourself do what you need to do.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/1 00:13:31 )

@Alorrena: Thank you. I struggle with that because I feel like there is always something do that. It could be cleaning or working on something with the house, or something with the dog. It's just hard for me even though I know that I need time to relax and that's ok to do.

@macsen191: Thank you. I wish I didn't struggle with it. I used to be good about resting but I feel like there is so much on my plate lately. Also I've had people call me lazy for resting in the past (like my mom) and it has stayed with me. Even though it's not true.

Thank you both.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/1 00:52:42 )
@Totalanimefan: I understand that. A lot of things people have said to me affect how i behave now. Sometimes a different perspective helps though. Like training yourself to think of self care as productive, and including doing things you love. You can't go at 100% all the time if you don't have 100%. Some days you only have 20% and the other 80% you have to devote to self care. That's still giving 100%, but it's not the traditional way of thinking about it.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/1 04:44:39 )

@Alorrena: thanks. I’ll try and see if that works out for me. I think also once the house comes together a little more it will be easier. Now I feel like my room isn’t that cozy. But I just bought a rug today so that will probably be here in two weeks or so. And I think that will go a long way. I keep wanting to hang my fav art works but my husband and I haven’t really been feeling doing to work to hang it lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/1 20:55:19 )

Questing :
Squirrel Away x2 | Untamed Outlaw | Song of Sixpence | Cheerful Companions | Garland Darlin&rsquo; | Gi-GNOME-ous | Big Ol&rsquo; Jolly

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Alorrena: We'll survive some how, I just have to keep stepping forward. as my mom says, One foot at a time, You can KNOW what you need to get done, but trying to do it all at once, won't work so one step 'nods' today, worrying about getting the dishes done, and HOPING the BOYS don't go and dirty up a dozen more. 'grumbles' One of them, My sister's boyfriend, is unable to do much and the other's a teenager, meaning I have to ask ten, to twenty times a day to get him to do something 'sigh' last night a friend gave us a scare. she was having balance issues and had gone pale, she hadn't drank enough liquids and she had fluid build up in her ears but she's okay. which makes me feel a heck of a lot better. <:3( )~~

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/1 20:57:30 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
Totalanimefan:

@Alorrena: thanks. Last night I was resting and I was feeling guilty playing an old game I loved instead of doing something else or even playing a new video game I hadn&rsquo;t played yet. I was like there is only so much time you get in this world. Do something productive. But there is nothing wrong with playing an old game you love. (It was Pok&eacute;mon Platinum)

@star2000shadow: I&rsquo;m sorry to hear that. My sept has been much better but still a lot. We had an electrician in the house he had to work for 5 days to fix the issues we had. And then we are going closets put in. It was supposed to happen this week but now I think it&rsquo;s going to be next week. But I had more time to be at home and make my house feel like a home which is nice.

yeah.. my apartment now doesn't feel safe to me but I'm still reluctant to move from here because I'm losing so much weight and its easier for me to get places. like the twelve block walk to my bank and back. I can now do that with One stop to rest. which is a vast improvement to oh..barely being able to walk the halls at my old apartment. <:3( )~~

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/1 22:55:58 )

@star2000shadow: I hope that you feel safe soon. It's very hard when you don't feel safe in your own house.
And congrats on loosing weight! You should be proud of yourself. That's hard to do .

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/2 01:00:31 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
Totalanimefan:

@star2000shadow: I hope that you feel safe soon. It's very hard when you don't feel safe in your own house.
And congrats on loosing weight! You should be proud of yourself. That's hard to do .

oh i know it is, I've been working since I was twenty One to lose weight 'makes face' I was six hundred and twenty pounds and I'm now three hundred and Ninety nine. i won't ever be 'thin' but if i can lose a bit more weight so i have more energy and its easier to get up when my balance goes wonky...I'd love it. so I keep working at it. slowly but steadly. well that and keeping up on the house chores which I'm falling behind on 'sigh' I can forgive joe, he has a metal rod up his spine to enable him to walk from when it was broken, but his kid is REALLY REALLY REALLY starting to irritate me. ask him if he'll throw the garbage out oh two days ago. its still there so im going to be taking it out at some point tonight just so its out and one less thing for me and joe to trip on. <:3( )~~

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/2 01:35:16 )

@star2000shadow: I mean this with no judgment, but you used to be over 600lbs, I had no idea! I'm really glad that you were able to lose weight.
I'm sure with more time you will be able to loose even more weight. Do you eat differently or is it just from the walking?
It's hard to keep up with chores no matter what is going on in one's life. Be kind to yourself if you can't all get them done.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/2 02:53:07 )
    That's an impressive loss; best of luck reaching your goals in the future.
    And I feel you on the convenience of location. It was nice to live in a place you can walk around for convenience. I live in more of a suburban area that is a little bit close to areas, but it's inconvenient to walk. It's such an odd mix here; noisy like the city, but sort of spread out in little deserts like the suburbs.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/2 12:56:50 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Totalanimefan: Shifted my eating habbits, as well as walking a LOT. and i do mean a lot. i walk to my bank, which is twelve blocks to and back. i walk to walmart, though that's just like three or four blocks. I walk to my doctor appointments if their in town and I don't have to go tot he one over for some reason. and i clean. a lot 'rubs face' I want to kick my sister's boyfriend but I can't blame him. he has a rod down his spine so. I'm aimint for like three hundred, maybe, if I'm lucky, two ninety five or something. I just wanna be able to walk into a store and not have to worrie if they carrie my size or not. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.