Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Late Night No Sleep..

Artist Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/20 22:25:09 )
@Mandy Amour: Sorry for the late reply! I've been dealing with some back pain and haven't been able to really be online much.
Nice to meet you as well! Nothin wrong with popping by to bug Vozzy here and there haha Someone's gotta do it

Donator — V.A.G Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/20 23:51:25 )
@Ruby: yes, that's for sure! And I take that duty seriously! Lol though I believe some days vozzy wishes I'd not notice he's online so he can focus on other things ahah. But he's always been so sweet about it. Maybe he knows I don't have many friends here xD so he's trapped.

Oh know really? I'm so sorry to hear that! I got injured at work, lower back as well. Doing physio twice a week to help manage pain and gain back mobility so I totally get that! You have to take it easy and do what your back will allow in its limits. I hope it gets better for you soon!

Artist Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/22 07:38:53 )
@Mandy Amour: haha yeah he’s a good sport, and good people <3
I’ll be your friend too if you want! :3 what kinda things do you like to do?
I can’t remember if I told you or not yet but I love your avi! Your combo of items is unique and I like the colors and the flow of everything~

Oh no sorry to hear you’re also having back pain! It sucks so much. You don’t realize, or at least I didn’t, how much your back affects every little move until you injure it. I’m glad physical therapy is helping! I put in for that too, haven’t gotten it all set up yet but hopefully soon.
I’m feeling a lot better now, I saw my other doctor and she helped adjust some things and put me back together haha. I’m still gonna go to PT though because I have other chronic issues I need help with. It’ll be nice to learn some stretches that’ll help in the long run.
I hope you regain pain free (or at least minimal pain) mobility again soon <3

Donator — V.A.G Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/22 07:59:22 )
@Ruby: it's actually getting there slowly. I can already see a difference, it's minor but it's still a change so it means we're going in the right direction at least! My physiotherapist gave me a bunch of stretches to do to help my lower back, I have to do it twice a day. Then I go see him twice a week so he can work on relaxing the muscles more. Eventually we will go bending, twisting and lifting. It's a slow process but I'll do it if it means I'm less likely to reinjure it.

Aww you are too sweet! I could use more friends! I've been here for years but I lurk more than anything and I've taken two long hiatus so I don't recognize many faces anymore.

Hmm, I like reading, I like art, I'm a ealthcare worker, so I work 12 hour days, I'm sore and tired most days and honestly I love people. I'm also an animal lover lol how about you? What kind of things do you like?

Artist Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/22 08:37:29 )
@Mandy Amour: That's good! How did you injure it? Mine was I moved slightly wrong and something popped, so I got an adjustment at the chiropractor and then my muscles were like "Um, rude" and got all tight on me and I couldn't relax them on my own and then it was pinching nerves and stuff too ;3; some pills and a new adjustment (and rest lol) later and I'm doing a lot better. But yeah, keeping things limber is definitely good.
I'm glad it's working! Slow progress is better than no progress that's for sure.

I feel that haha I took almost a year hiatus in the middle of 2020 and when I came back in the fall a lot, not all, but a lot of the people I talked to weren't active anymore. Had to branch out haha I have a hard time making friends IRL but online I'm like HEY BESTIE xD

Awesome! I love art and reading too :D Anything crafty and I'm there. I think my top 3 crafts are crochet, cross stitch and button making (like pinback buttons, I have 2 presses). So definitely that, and anything else I can do to be creative haha I'm part of the art team here (lead item tech) so I get to be creative that way making thumbnails and sometimes doing the colors and stuff. I used to do some digital art, but I have a different computer now that doesn't have a touchscreen that I'd use to draw so I don't do that much now but I still do a lot in photoshop for my buttons and just side projects or whatever lol
I like games and movies/tv too. I'm a avid builder in the sims 4, I build more than I actually play xD (more creative stuff lol) and I also really like Slime Rancher and Lego games. Oh and animals too! Cats are my favorite :3

That's cool that you're a healthcare worker, how long have you been doing that? Do you enjoy it besides the long hours on your feet? That's gotta be rough when you have a hard time moving with your back injury too ;3;
I'm on disability so I'm at home most of the time unless I have an appointment.

Donator — V.A.G Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/22 14:20:35 )
@Ruby: I was at work, with a patient and their mobility I was told was x1, however upon lifting her up I could tell she was more x2,x3. So the extra force and me pulling caused something to happen in my back. My lower back was on fire, my whole back was stiff and felt like it was gling to gove out on me everytime i bent, and standing became almost unbearable. After that I worked all weekend and it just got worse as the time went. So I went to the doctor and now I'm modified for 8-12 weeks and physio twice a week. It's worth it, progress in any form is something.

That's crazy! So you and I know first hand kind of what each of us is feeling. It's not fun at all. I'm glad to hear you are feeling much better!

Hahah I have a hard time online, in person I'll talk to anyone usually, xD I don't know what it is about online..I'm so reserved 😅

I love being a healthcare worker, but yes the ling hours on your feet are deffinetly not idea, but I love taking care of people. I think the hardest part is when someone passes. They say don't get attached and stuff but some patients are with us for months you know? And I'm human so of course it gets to me. I've been for only a year, so maybe once it's been 10 years it won't bother me as much xD like the other seasoned ladies I work with. Lol

I love painting, working on my cricuit, making my voodoo dolls, playing board games or cards, oh I'm a movie person too, I have a huge collection, I can't even fit them all on my wall anymore lol but now with Netflix and such, my collection has become antique xD

Artist Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/24 23:31:36 )
@Mandy Amour: whoops sorry for the late reply! I started to and then got busy with something else and forgot I hadn’t posted it OTL

oof that sounds painful >.< I’m glad the PT is helping <3

Isn’t that interesting! I love how we’re the opposite on that haha it’s a perfect match really, that way there’s always a confident one to help out the other! xD

Idk, I think having 10+ years of it would definitely make an impact, but I know at least for me I’d still have a hard time when good people passed. It just might not affect me for as long, depending on the case of course. It’s life, but that doesn’t make it any easier. It just means you’re a caring person and that’s not a bad thing <3

Crafts games and movies?! Hell yeah sounds like my kinda party! Don’t worry I have lots of dvds too and still buy new ones constantly lol
Netflix/streaming services are great and all, but what happens when they take your favorite things away and/or you lose internet connection?! As long as you still have power, DVDs are there!
I like things being digital but I also like to have a hard copy/backup of things.

Donator — V.A.G Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/27 00:39:49 )
@Ruby: No need to apologize honestly, I get busy with work to some days and just can't make it on so we are good, I am understanding on that note lol
Yeah PT has been helping, its been a very slow process but I also understand if I rush it I could do more damage than before and it hurt bad enough the first time so I'm not interested in going back after everything so far lol

well you know what they say though, opposites attract for a reason! haha

I guess that's true, I mean despite being around it more often and for longer at the end of the day we are human, when we take care of someone for a few weeks, and even months on some occasions it's hard not to get to know them and start building a connecting and a bond. I agree with you there, I think we learn better how to cope as time passes, not maybe that it gets easier, I think it doesn't take us as long to come to terms with it because we know in most cases, they aren't in pain anymore, no suffering, and finding some peace in that helps.

Yeah I am all about the hard copy of things, you are right, and not just that either, there are times when maybe you can't afford it, or they just don't have what your looking for, for example, Disney and Netflix, you won't either of those on each other's sites, so you have to have like 2-4 sites just to be able to stream what you wanna watch, at least with the DVDs I have them all at my fingertips whenever I feel like watching them and I don't have to worry if it's still available or finding which one it's located on lol

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.