Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Literature What's a book/series you didn't finish?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/24 16:22:53 )
If you saw my post in the "What are you currently reading?" thread, I mentioned I was reading The Dresden Files. I ended up abandoning it a quarter way through the second book because the plot became far too boring for me. I might pick it back up someday.

What's a book or series that you were excited to read, but became so much of a chore that you quit before finishing?

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/24 17:22:49 )

Twilight in high school. It was before the movies. My high school library couldn't really keep copies in stock and so I decided to sign up to read it. There were a lot of fans. About like 80 pages in I gave up on it. I felt like the story jumped around a lot and it was just not well written. Like one day she hated him and then the next day she was acting like she was besties with him and wanted to get to know him, but then they acted like they were all knowing of each other? It was just weird and I literally kept checking the page number to make sure that I didn't miss out on a section. Cause it was a library book I thought that maybe someone took out the pages? Nope, just badly written...

Sorry to anyone who likes this series lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — she/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/25 16:29:52 )

The Anatomy of Story by John Trudy
Understanding Comics by Scott McCloud
A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore

And currently the Tokyo Mew Mew manga series. I had only read a few volumes as a kid but always wanted to finish the series, so I bought the rest of the series last year to mourn the death of Mia Ikumi (the co-creator) and made it a goal to finish the series this year, but I haven’t had the motivation. I have four stacks of unread manga looming over me and the thought of reading them all feels like a chore. I bought them as a way to deal with the sadness and fill the void from Mia’s death, and I kinda bit off more than I could chew.

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/26 11:01:33 )
keeper of the lost cities, my school library didn't have the 5th book

Voltie — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/03/26 16:11:05 )
[quote=Totalanimefan][center]

Twilight in high school. It was before the movies. My high school library couldn't really keep copies in stock and so I decided to sign up to read it. There were a lot of fans. About like 80 pages in I gave up on it. I felt like the story jumped around a lot and it was just not well written. Like one day she hated him and then the next day she was acting like she was besties with him and wanted to get to know him, but then they acted like they were all knowing of each other? It was just weird and I literally kept checking the page number to make sure that I didn't miss out on a section. Cause it was a library book I thought that maybe someone took out the pages? Nope, just badly written...

Sorry to anyone who likes this series lol

I loved the film adaptations despite their cringe factor, but the books were SO BORING. In fact, it was reading the first book in this series that inspired me to hone my skills at writing dialogue and character interactions that actually make sense.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.