Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Saturday Night

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/15 13:56:34 )
@blue: yeah, it's a heavy wool winter coat... and I have absolutely zero use for it here.

Yes, everything is expensive these days, isn't it?

LOL - once in a great while I'll get a sweet tea if I'm out and completely dying of lack of caffeine, but even then, I'll usually ask the waitress to make it half-sweet and half-not... or just get unsweetened tea. But getting anything other than water to drink if I'm out isn't usual for me.

I'm kind of surprised nobody has released a "flat soda" for general consumption. I guess there's little point, though, because if that's your preference, all you have to do is release the cap and let the bottle sit overnight...

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/15 13:59:27 )
@Totalanimefan: Thank you for that - I'll look at Poshmark. It really is a great coat, and practically new (I think I only wore it for half of one winter). I really don't know of anything local down here that would be interested in that coat - you know there's really no use for that here... even on our coldest days, that coat would be complete overkill...

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/15 18:04:38 )
    @Wildfire: It has to be marketed somewhere. Or perhaps there's a brand of sweet soda water out there somewhere. I've come across some really interesting drinks before but I couldn't tell you the name if my life depended on it.

Wool is always handy if you happen to be traveling somewhere cold--especially if it's in the winter seasons. But if there's no use for it and you don't foresee yourself wearing it, then perhaps you'll have to let it go. That's such a shame, though! Overcoats here are very popular among people in the city. It's just that quintessential look, really. Maybe you'll go on a cold seafaring trip one day and need it!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/15 18:04:44 )

@Wildfire: Yes it would. I was thinking about snow birds or people going to see family up north. Not use for someone that is staying in FL.
Poshmark is great, it's a very popular app so I hope that you get a bite soon.
I do tend to drink a lot of water, but sometimes I want something else. I really love tea but I tend to make it myself unsweetened.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/15 21:00:03 )
@blue: Yeah, I'm in Florida... I've been in Florida... I don't see myself traveling out of Florida in the winter time at this point to anywhere this coat would be appropriate, and even if so, I probably wouldn't want to pack it/carry it, tbh (it's heavy). ...and although it's not the same thing as a long winter coat, I am going to hold on to one (out of several that I had) hand-made wool sweater, just on that off-chance, and I do have a short winter coat if need be (it does get cold here - potentially to freezing, but it's very short-lived). I could deal with a few days in the northeast if I had to, even inappropriately equipped. I don't mind the cold weather... it's just months and months of it without the chance to ever thaw out that gets to me. So a week in the middle of winter in the northeast (or someplace similar)? Sure. I'll go sit on the beach here afterwards...

But yes, wool is wonderful! :3 And I was either in Philadelphia or NYC when I bought that coat... or somewhere inbetween, so yes, the quintessential classic/professional winter wool coat :3

@Totalanimefan:

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/15 21:03:05 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah... snowbirds maybe. But they tend to come here about this time of year and miss the bulk of the really cold weather up north... and they don't tend to think of that kind of cold when they're here (hard to, I guess, when they're busy going to the beach).

I haven't had a chance to do anything with Poshmark yet other than pull up the site. I will though - from what I've seen, it looks like the perfect thing for this!! :3

... I dunwanna clean the house... but I need to, because I really don't want to have to do the kind of cleaning and house-prep that needs to be done next week... UGH. Anyone want to come help??

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/15 21:53:04 )

@Wildfire: I feel like I could already use a thaw haha
Wool is so good. I like how if it's a piece of outerwear it doesn't even smell after you have used it once and it's very good at keeping dry too.

Yes it is. I've even bought a few things from there cause I like buying 2nd-hand.
I don't wanna clean the house either. I can't help you there ^^;

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/15 21:57:25 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I remember being thoroughly sick and tired of being cold by this time of year. Snow was almost a relief at that point because often, it was warmer after a snow... and at least it was pretty! :3

Wool is absolutely awesome. :3

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/15 22:04:32 )

@Wildfire: Yeah snow is super pretty. It's really nice watching it fall from my apartment. I was doing really good in fall, I remember when 60's and 50's was too cold for me. Now I'm done to like 45 before I feel like it's too cold, and yes I do dress right but my cheeks great really cold. Also we moved out of that freezing house so now I'm at least warm at home.

Before I was not a wool fan cause it would always be so itchy, but good quailty wool isn't. Now I have a wool blend undershirt by Allbirds that I super love and I have some smartwool socks that I really like too.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/15 23:10:44 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, you have to get real, good quality wool, otherwise... itchies, irritation, etc. are likely... unfortunately. But, if you invest in a couple of good quality wool things, you'll have them forever if you take care of them. :3

LOL - when it gets 50ish here, I'm always torn between wearing the stuff I can't any other time of year, or running around in a tshirt and shorts because it feels good... but 50 here can be a "warm" 50 or a miserably cold "50"... so it depends...

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/16 00:13:12 )

@Wildfire: I have also learned to wear shirt until a sweater. I used to just wear them against my body but then you need to wash them more and if they are itchy it bothers me
You should go for the stuff you can only wear sometimes, to make it feel special. ^^

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/16 01:02:51 )
@Totalanimefan: yeah you absolutely need to have a layer under the sweater or whatever!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/16 17:32:25 )

@Wildfire: Yeah I didn't know that until I moved to the UK and then people taught me lol

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/16 18:57:27 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, well, that happens if you grow up in a warm environment. Dealing with the cold is do-able for the most part, but you need to know how to dress and do the layers thing :3

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/16 23:26:07 )

@Wildfire: I would tell them our version of winter was jeans and a hoodie and they would look at me like I was crazy lol
I don't think that people really understand what FL is like in the winter until they have been there.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/16 23:39:34 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah... it's a bit surreal, to be honest.
Today it was a bit "chilly" in the 60s... I was in jeans and a tshirt, but on the errand I ran, I saw everything from shorts to jackets/hoodies...

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/19 01:15:15 )

@Wildfire: Wow lol. Next weekend it's suppose to be very cold. Even in FL. I'm not looking forward to that cold haha

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/19 12:49:35 )
@Totalanimefan: LOL - yeah... the cold... it is coming! XD You'll be ok ;) I'm looking forward to it... but partly because, as you know, around here it's a bit of an unusual experience :3 And actually, last year never really got cold...

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/19 21:30:55 )

@Wildfire: That will be nice for you guys. Maybe you will get a chance to wear that coat XD
We will have a few days were it won't be getting above freezing.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/20 12:42:55 )
@Totalanimefan: LOL - no. The coat is overkill for whatever cold snap we might get this week down here... it's much more suited for the weather and temps you're describing. :3 Nice thought, though...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.