Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat My entire arm is SWOLLEN

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/2 22:58:03 )
    I look like a balloon monster. So I live in a hostel, and they do not have good standards. We periodically get infested with bugs and I am ALWAYS the worst affected. This time it’s my entire left arm, wrist to shoulder, covered in bites. They will fix the infestation, but they need evidence, so my arm was chosen as a sacrifice.

I went to the pharmacy, spoke to the pharmacist and they gave me a cream. I put it on and went to bed. Woke up to a massive swollen arm, red hot and aching. It’s so itchy. I saw a doctor and they said it’s infected, and now I’m on antibiotics, but in the meantime the swelling is spreading into my hand. Aaaaaaaa.

So things have not been going well in sunny’s world. I am in pain and grouchy and so so itchy. WOE.

That’s it, just thought I’d check in to let you know where I’m at.

Voltie — Depressed Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/3 06:08:32 )
Oh no. I'm sorry. I hope get well soon!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/3 06:40:47 )

OMG that’s so awful!! I hope that with meds you can get fixed as quickly as possible. That sucks soo much. I hope I never come across bedbugs but I feel like they are everywhere!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/3 15:47:03 )
@sunny: oooh... that sounds nasty. I'm sorry to hear that you're going through that, Sunny. Do you have any idea what bit you that's causing this reaction?? I hope you feel better soon! :3

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/3 17:59:03 )
That sounds awful, and I hope things get better for you soon!

I hope you get a discount on your rent or something. That should never happen to tenants.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/4 00:53:56 )
    Thanks guys I am feeling a little better today, my wrist isn’t as swollen but the rest of the arm is. I am still miserable as f tho. I am hopeful that I’m on the mend, but the antibiotics are making me feel icky aha :o

@Wildfire: probably a bed bug, we’ve had a bedbug infestation before, but I didn’t see so that’s only a guess. I will have to see what happens going forward.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/4 00:55:25 )
    @Aisukohi: I’m actually not paying rent. It’s a hostel run by a charity. I’m very lucky to have this place but in some things they are really lacking :(

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/4 01:20:52 )
@sunny: Oh, gotcha. I wasn't sure how hostels work. It makes sense they would have those problems if it's run by charity.

Pest control may take a while, but hopefully things turn around soon. I'm sure the swelling makes it hard to have range of motion?

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/4 01:32:46 )
    @Aisukohi: yeah it hurts to move :o
    We had a bedbug infestation about 6 months ago, and they nuked the place pretty good, but it looks like the bugs are back :(

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/4 01:35:27 )
@sunny: Yeah, I hear those suckers can be a bit relentless. x-x My parents' place had them a couple years back and they chose to get rid of all of their mattresses. Seemed to do the trick, but boy, I wouldn't wish those on anyone.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/4 01:40:03 )
    @Aisukohi: they are so annoying and I have this stupid condition where I have exaggerated allergic reactions so like this kind of thing will probably happen again if the bugs stick around 😳 oh well!!!

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/4 01:44:26 )
@sunny: My mom has the same kind of reactions to bug bites, and I think my son might too? His doesn't seem to be quite as extreme, but sometimes it looks like the bites look bigger than they should be. It's one of the things I hate about Florida--bugs are here almost all year.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/4 01:54:34 )
    @Aisukohi: oh no :o I bet there are bugs everywhere in Florida. And lots of different tropical species. I am great full we only have a few here in Britain, and nothing too deadly.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/4 02:08:52 )
@sunny: Yeah thankfully not too many super harmful bugs, but lots of creepy ones. xP In general, I'm pretty chill when it comes to bugs as long as there's a healthy distance. I'm actually thinking about getting a jumping spider as a pet, but need to do more research first lol.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/4 15:11:27 )
@sunny: oh uuuuugh. :(
How are you feeling today? Is your arm any better now?

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/4 18:44:34 )
    @Aisukohi: I don’t mind bugs at all but my body hates when they bite me

@Wildfire: much better today thank you! It isn’t half as itchy which is great, and the swelling has gone down so much! But the antibiotics have made me feel so nauseous:( I’ll be back to normal soon!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/4 19:47:20 )
@sunny: well, I guess at least if you're a little nauseous you're less likely to gnaw your arm off due to the itchiness and swelling, right? XD
Seriously though? I'm sorry to hear that you're having a reaction to the antibiotics, but happy to hear that they are helping with your arm. Hopefully it's not too unbearable...

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/4 20:06:46 )
    @Wildfire: lol XD it’s actually pretty bearable right now, I’m pleased with my progress:) I am lucky that I got antibiotics in time, otherwise the infection could have really done some damage :o thank you for your concern, I’ll soldier on!!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/5 13:03:39 )
@sunny: Good - I'm glad you're feeling better! :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/5 22:23:26 )

Do you have an update for it today? Are you feeling any better?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.