Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat A wild Glume reappears

Donator — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/13 22:16:13 )
Hey folks, miss me? Know who I am at all? Care?
I thought I'd drop by and say hi. Even though I'm not very active anymore I still think about you guys.
I've mostly been over on the tweeter making pixel art, and as usual I'm busy being a mom.
I actually had a bit of a health scare lately, thought I was having a heart attack, or multiple ones, but it turns out I was just drinking WAY too much coffee and destroying my insides, and when I stopped drinking coffee the withdrawal gave me SUPER INTENSE ANXIETY. So... that was exciting and fun.
Don't do drugs, kids.
How are you all doing? What have I missed? What's your favorite chip flavor?

Donator — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/13 22:55:45 )
@Q t e a p o n: Yeah I didn't really get a chance to say goodbye to anyone
My baby is a full blown little girl now. Its wild. She's got all the words and an attitude to match mine, lol.
Hows you? I miss your adorable piggies. Is that weird to say? idc I'm sticking by it lol.
I too love coffee and wish I could keep it up but after seeing what it did to my body to stop drinking it, I regret everything. There's a fun withdrawal symptom called "derealization" that's had me in a cloud for WEEKS. Its ridiculous. Plus headaches, back aches, anxiety.... buh. Narcolepsy will be so hard without it though

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/13 23:02:03 )
tumblr is better than twitter.

Donator — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/13 23:04:40 )
@Feral: As someone who has tried both, I get far more commissions on twitter so...

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/13 23:12:47 )
yeah, that tracks. :<
tumblr people being absolute shit at reblogging art, esp nowadays, sucks.

Donator — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/13 23:15:40 )
@Feral: Like format-wise I completely agree that the other is better. I want to customize everything. Its in my nature. but I also want to make money so twitter it is. The pixel community there is VAST, too, so thats real nice.

Donator — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/13 23:30:55 )
@Q t e a p o n: She's two but shes as big and smart as a five year old, or so I'm told. Other two year olds only come up to her shoulders. AND OH YEAH, I'm trying to freelance fulltime. Its a slow process when you're a sick mom.
Yay piggies, boo war. Thats such a scary situation and I'm so glad your folks are not hurt. I didn't realize that was home for you so I guess I'm a bad friend

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/14 00:07:52 )
@Glume: hey Glume!! Nice to see you~

Donator — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/14 00:14:17 )
@Q t e a p o n: I've thought about signing up for fivver but all my oldschool pixeljoint buddies say its not a great deal. I'm charging WAY more than five bucks, too lol. I'm totally worth it *flips hair*
Is Canada the magical wonderland it appears to be? I so want to move away from the US

@Ruby: Hello there! Your avatar is looking sharp my friend.

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/14 00:21:04 )
@Glume: oh thanks! I’ve had it a while now but I just love it too much to change lol

How’ve you been? Lovely art as always~

Donator — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/14 00:25:43 )
@Ruby: FELT, once I went goblin I never looked back lol. I've been mostly good, other than the health problems.

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/14 00:31:34 )
@Glume: I love your goblin avi xD its so fun lol I keep hearing the goblin version of “here comes the boy!” And feel like that would be what your avi is playing lmao

Oh man I’m sorry you can’t have coffee D; I don’t drink it all the time but I love coffee that really sucks.
Are you feeling better now?

Donator — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/14 00:39:36 )
@Ruby: SO, I have not completely quit coffee, I am trying to gradually reduce my intake... I accidentally just stopped paying attention and for at least three days had about 6/7 cups a day. Then I started getting chest pains which I thought were heart issues. I cut back to three cups a day for Week one, which was HELL. Anxiety, the world seemed nebulous, I couldn't concentrate, everything became difficult and scary. I'm on week two, three cups a day and they're half decaf. Things are less anxious and hellish, but I started getting horrible back and hip pains, and discovered I lost almost 20lbs in a month... so they're testing me for diabetes now because I did not plan to lose weight and usually the opposite happens when you quit coffee.... but I suspect that its because I also have had no appetite for a week so fingers crossed I'm not riddled with health problems

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/14 00:48:44 )
@Glume: yeah caffeine withdrawals are no joke. I’m sorry you’re going thru that :(

I hope thats all it is and not something more complicated.
I’m type 1 diabetic (diagnosed at 11) and I was in full blown DKA (diabetic keto acidosis) when we found out and I had dropped like 30 pounds. It was scary. I’m not saying you’re in DKA or anything to scare you, just that I relate to that

Donator — she/they/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/14 01:01:04 )

taco flavor~
nice avatar
i'm new btw
c:

☥ "Think of me when you look at the night sky" ☥

leave me msgs here

The Crooked Dog Inn

plz ping me!

Donator — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/14 01:18:16 )
@Ruby: I get my results tomorrow, I'm both dreading and excited? Its weird. Healthcare here is such a crapshoot.

@Justice: WAIT, are there taco flavored chips or are we just talking taco fixin's on regular chips?
I'm down either way.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/14 01:19:16 )
i need to buy more commons but also i need the orbs because they'll be going out soon. hrm. this complicates things.
please ping me for the love of god.

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/14 01:21:51 )
@Glume: at least it would be an answer so I totally understand. Best of luck! I know the struggle of trying to find out whats going on. (I have a lot of health issues)

Donator — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/14 01:26:13 )
@Feral: Commons are forever.

@Ruby: Yeah knowing at least eases my anxiety
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/14 01:31:29 )
@Glume: knowing whats going on means knowing how to treat it, definitely gives that peace of mind. I hate not having answers lol

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.