Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/8 15:52:14 )

@Borealis: Yeah at least. If you think about it, movers are $1500 so I guess it would be the same either way. And this way I can still sell the house.
Your new avatar looks really awesome by the way. ^^

@Rei Ann: Thanks!
Yes a horrible job is just the worst. And it's like you can't get away from it. Maybe try looking/updating your LinkedIn profile? While I was in school I kept it updated and sometimes I would get recruiters messaging me, sometimes I didn't want the job, and sometimes it was something that I wanted. I noticed when looking for a job that most just ghost you anyway and it's really annoying.
OMG That's horrible! What a crappy day. I hope that today is better.
I guess yesterday got better when I started playing Animal Crossing. XD I just had to forget about the real world for a little bit.

@sailormoon: I'm going to hang out with some friends and go have Ramen! What about you?

@Alorrena: Wow that's a load of BS. Sucks about the computer :(

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/8 17:09:21 )

@Borealis: Np. You don't look like a newbie at all. ^^
Are you up to anything today? ^^

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/8 19:44:04 )

@Borealis: That sucks, and I hope it's not Rona.
I'm applying for more jobs today and playing Animal Crossing :)

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/8 20:51:16 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, it's ok, we managed to figure out a system that works while we wait for the computer back. I work, and then after work he gets my pc to do whatever he wants, and i use my laptop hooked up to his monitor and keyboard and mouse (it feels like i'm using a regular computer at that point lol)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/8 21:20:05 )

@Borealis: That's good! Being sick sucks.
Thank you! I'm unsure if I want to finish with that for the day or not.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/8 21:20:24 )

@Alorrena: That's a good solution for right now. ^^ How is work?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/8 22:01:20 )

@Borealis: One of those days eh ? XD
Yes it is. And so much of the resume not adding into the boxes they want you to fill out and then you have to do it anyway XD
Also keep going to the bathroom today, if you know what I mean. Maybe it's from the stress of yesterday. Feeling very drained now.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/8 22:12:20 )

@Borealis: Yes probably. I was super stressed about the rent increase yesterday. I think my body remembered that stress lol
That's a good point. I did that when it was close to finishing school ^^ I should also do that next week (Tomorrow I'm getting a facial)
Do you feel better after the nap in the car?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/8 23:28:18 )

@Borealis: Yes I love them, but I get them pretty rarely.My skin is really dry and it loves the attention, but it's good for all skin types and it's pretty relaxing. I like them more than a message.
Good idea. Make it easier for the tomorrow you.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/9 05:28:59 )
@Totalanimefan: work was good. I called in late because i was still tired from yesterday's shenanigans, and then there was a team meeting, so i got to relax for a bit. And the best part was my TL told me MY SCHEDULE IS CHANGING SOON!!!! I'm so excited! I'll be working an odd schedule for time in and out, but!!! I get 3 days off! Mondays Tuesdays and Wednesdays! Which is perfect for dnd! I'm really excited about that. i'm less excited about the inconsistent start times, but i'll manage. thursdays-12:30-11pm, fridays 9:30 am-8pm(ick), saturday 12-8pm, and sundays 12:30-11pm

This new schedule might effect us moving though. We were planning on moving the 16th, but if my schedule change takes effect before then we'll have to move on the 19th or 20th, after MIL gets back from her trip.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/9 14:07:50 )

@Borealis: let me know when you try it out. Sometimes you can find things on Groupon but check the ratings of the place on google maps or something first.
I’m not the biggest fan of messages because I feel like they go too hard on me lol but I can see why others would like it.

@Alorrena: cool that you get 3 days off. And I’m sure the phones probably aren’t that busy that early. Plus no one on the west coast will be awake yet lol.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/10 09:54:28 )
@Totalanimefan: yeah, that will be the best part. But knowing me i will have a hard time getting to bed early enough for fridays.

Ty's computer was fixed! It's so nice to be back on my own pc and not on my laptop.
.I went to go to orlando to carpet clean the room we're moving into and to clean the walls a bit ( they were/are dingey and super gross. Less so now, but a coat of paint would be perfect.) But Tyi asked me to fill the big reusable ....travel mug? We call it a chug jug lol it's a 100 oz big gulp. So i was like ok, i'll swing by walmart on my way and get a rug doctor and carpet cleaning solution. so i went in to walmart, tried to pay at the kiosk and - the card ripped. or the magnet strip did. So i went online and made the reservation, went home to get my wallet (i had tyi's), and then i remembered about the chip, and that the chip would work if the strip wouldn't... so then i went to wawa, filled the chug jug, took it home, went to dollar tree for more cleaning supplies, and then went to head out. Well i got 10 minutes down the road and got a call from best buy (it's in the direction i was going) and they said the computer was done, so i went and picked it up, brought it back home, and finally went out to orlando. then i did the cleanin thing and took a 30 minute nap on the couch, came back home, hit up 2 mcdonald's on the way cause the first said they were closed, the 2nd was cash only, and then i got home and now i'm eating before i go to bed. it was a busy day

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/10 15:29:09 )
@Totalanimefan: Hey, congrats! That's a pretty big accomplishment. :)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/10 16:15:14 )

@Borealis: me too! In facials they tend to massage the neck and shoulders and maybe arms. But every place is slightly different. I don’t mind a message from my SO cause they know to go easy on me lol

@Alorrena: so true being able to go to bed earlier than normal is hard. Glad the computer was fixed.

@SorrowTheMad: that you so much. It’s something I’ve wanted pretty much my whole life but I felt like I couldn’t give 3 years and thousands of dollars towards it. Luckily I found an online school were you could take the classes at your own pace so I finished in one year after my transfer classes and I only had to pay for 2 semesters (and it was affordable enough that I could pay from my savings)

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/11 04:09:00 )
@Totalanimefan: yeah, but i do have Benadryl and melatonin if i need it, so i can knock myself out lol Yeah, he's happy to have his computer back.

I managed to get sunburned today... i was only outsode for like 20 minutes, and it looks/feels like i was in the sun for an hour.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/11 14:48:30 )

@Alorrena: that Florida sun is no joke.
I’m sure you know what to do after a sunburn. I hope it heals quickly.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/12 02:48:00 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, i do. I was just surprised because it was so bad after only 20 minutes. It's even a 2nd day burn (most of my burns from being in the sun for 20 minutes go away after i sleep.) It's still there, still red, and a little warm still. Not as bad today. But yeah, by the time i went to bed it actually looked like i was in the sun all day. It wasn't painful, at least, just hot.

in other news, i found out today that one of my best friends is going to be moving from oregon to North carolina in december and that makes me super excited because now they'll only be 8 hours away and i haven't seen them in 4 years!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/12 14:34:05 )

@Alorrena: yeah I totally know that feeling. Be sure to take colder showers and drink more water than you normally would.
That’s exciting! They will be much closer to you!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/13 13:36:52 )
Good morning.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/14 00:20:48 )
@Totalanimefan: yeah i'm excited. They're the only friend i have from Idaho that consistently makes an effort to talk to me and keep me in their life, so i really appreciate them and have so much love for them that sometimes thinking about it makes me wanna cry lol

man this new schedule is so nice.. It's the second day off and i just feel like i have so much time to do things, and i just want to make a quilt today lol That may or may not happen, just depends on my time management skills today lol But i know i can probably So i got distracted while writing this (by quilt things) and realized i ruined my cutting mats. All of them. Cause i left them in the car for 4 months (forgot about them) and didn't realize just how much they would warp in the heat of the car. So now i need to iron them to HOPEFULLY flatten them... It makes me want to cry because three of them are the big 24 inch mats that all cost at least $30 each. That's at least $90 worth in the 3 of them alone. Also, the warping may not come out completely or enough if i iron them, so i'm really anxious. Also idk where my iron went.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.