Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Me: I will recreate and reuse this old avi

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/2 01:53:19 )
Anarchist Beauty:
      Alchemists Fire: Which theme are you using?
      You could always find specific decorations for your post styles for each avi OC you have.
      I've always been one who likes to match my post style to my avi.
      I was going to do it again for my current, but couldn't think of anything I liked. lol
      Plus I am changing her today to an 'after Vday' darker look.
      I think I might have an idea on a post decoration for that avi though, so we'll see.

@anarchist beauty: And then I disappear for 6 months xD
I'm using the Trick or Treat theme, as I prefer darker colours (easier on the eyes), and I love Halloween.
Decorations might be a better way to do it than font colours, I'm always concerned about legibiltiy because one of the other sites I'm on has sorta strict rules about it.

I probably haven't changed my avi in over a year, I really should let one of my other OCs have some time running around the site xDD

Maple

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/2 04:44:13 )

@Alchemists Fire: It happens. lol
        I haven't been too active around here either.
        Just in my spam thread cos I watched a new movie the other day. XD

Darker themes are easier on the eyes.
        I still use the default theme though.
        I'm boring. lol

I change my avi a lot.
        I used to be addicted to changing it all the time but over the last couple of years I've stopped being so insane with it. lol
        I really like my current avi (even though it's an older design) so I might keep it until I can finish one of the unfinished ones in my closet.
        I just have a hard time with avis here bc I'm not a huge fan of the facial items we have.
        We've got a few I like, so most of my avis end up having the same face or, like my current, no face at all.

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/3 16:30:50 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Haha, it sure does. Especially between work and things starting to open back up. Doesn't help that I've been addicted to a Pokemon browser game xD
Spam threads sound like a good plan, I might have to go dig mine up xD

I don't remember what the default theme looks like anymore, haha, I've been using the dark one for so long because easier on the eyes.

I used to change my avi a ton, but I'm still working on building up my inventory. We've got a lot of great commons, so I've been trying not to focus too hard on the crate & orb items
I had a hard time picking a face too, most of my avis are the same face with different eye colours to differentiate between characters xDDD

Maple

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/3 19:02:06 )

@Alchemists Fire: Which pokemon game has gripped you? lol

It's white and a turquoise-y color with yellow accents.

Oh yeah, our commons are fantastic!
        I absolutely love that the crate, orb, and event items aren't the only things that are snazzy.
        Some sites I've seen have absolute ass for commons, but we have such a good selection, and they look so good too.
        Like the high waisted skirt is one of my absolute favorite items bc it's so cute.

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/3 21:09:25 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Oh, the browser game? It's called PokeFarm Q (usually shortened to PFQ). It's clicking game where you can hatch Pokemon and hunt shinies and a couple other unique types of specials. There's a bunch of other mechanics, but that's the main thing ^^

Ah okay, I seem to remember I liked the turquoise but the white and yellow were too bright for me xDD

I love our commons, and I haven't checked in for long enough that I should go see what's new! I think one of my favourite things is that we can buy separate "tight stripes" or "stocking stripes" so that the art team doesn't have to do multiple versions just so we can have every combo of colours we might want ♥

I can't think of any avi sites I've been on that I'd call the commons "ass" (maybe really early Gaia? Although they still have issues with none of their shades matching xDDD)
I still miss Ernya's commons, but alas T_T

Maple

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/3 21:30:37 )

@Alchemists Fire: Oh yeah, I've played that before.

Yeah, being able to create any and every color combo with the separate stripes was a GENIUS idea. 10/10

I was never really on Enrya, though i do remember these one pair of wedge sandals that I think were commons? But idk, but they were fantastic.
        I wanted them irl too. XD

Donator — pancake Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/4 03:39:46 )
Feels.
The time before the outfit closet was a dark time. ;c

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/8 04:27:22 )
@Anarchist Beauty: I had a reply all written out for this and then my PC crashed xDD

YES! Super-genius. I hope we get similar stripe options for like the basic tee and long sleeve, cause I LOVE stripey tees/sweaters ♥

I went looking through my Ernya items, cause I have screenshots of one of my inventories, and I didn't see wedge sandals, but that may also have been because I wasn't a big fan of most of the shoes.... I always seem to have an issue finding shoes I like on avatar sites xD

Maple

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 01:15:29 )

@blinkini: Truly.
        I don't know how I functioned without it.

@Alchemists Fire: Computer said 'nah, you don't get to talk today.' lol

They were like a gothic wedge style.
        I don't wholly remember, but I wanted them. lol

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 02:33:03 )
@Anarchist Beauty: That sounds like something I would've been all over, I'll keep digging through my saves just in case!!
Maple

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/10 06:46:53 )
@Anarchist Beauty: So I was just poking around in Dashing Kicks, and realized the Chunky Heels remind me a lot of an item I think was on Ernya xD

I'm in a FB messenger group of "Ernya Survivors", maybe I'll reach out to them and see if they know about these gothic wedge heels you mentioned!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/10 08:31:39 )

@Alchemists Fire: It's difficult to see them, but these are literally the only pictures I could find online that have the shoes I'm walking about:

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/10 12:41:22 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Ooh, those. I don't think those were commons, they're pretty detailed. I'll keep poking around my screenshots and I'll ask the Survivours group if they recognize those =)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/10 16:19:39 )

@Alchemists Fire: I'm pretty sure they were, cos I know I had a pair and I don't think I'd have ever been able to get noncommon item. lol
        I wasn't ever really active on Ernya, so I know my avi was Basic™️ lol
        I could be wrong though, because it's been a million years and I wasn't active, so who knows. xD

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/10 23:22:23 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Now that I know exactly what I'm looking for, I can flip through my screenshots again

So far I'm not seeing any trace of them, even from other people's avis that I saved for inspiration. I'm starting to wonder if they were either an item that was added fairly soon before the site shut down or if they were an older item that was maybe daily chance or something - but I've asked in the FB group and will keep hunting!

Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.