Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Another Newbie in the House

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/22 20:09:52 )
@totalanimefan: That sounds pretty brutal. The last person I know who got it recently was on a plane; so glad I'm not traveling anytime soon because even before Covid I often got a little sickness every other time I flew it seemed.

@aisukohi: I feel tired enough these days just from the standing at regular length concerts. The 3rd day of Life is Beautiful I stood for like 14hours out in the hot Vegas sun and I was definitely walking like a hunchback for a few days after lol. But it's worth it to actually be able to get a good view of the stage/band. The next concert I should be going to is to see The Birthday Massacre in a couple months. :3

That's true. Sometimes I look in the mirror when I have shoes on though and I think I look like I have clown feet. XD Plus finding shoes I like that fit me can be a pain. Nothing sucks more than when I see some cool shoes on sale and the only size left is 5, which is literally half of what I need.

Those would be cool too! A dragon Eevee would be awesome. I love dragon types. And lol at that meme. XD

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/22 20:12:33 )

@Starry: Ugh, I have to get on a plane in Aug and I'm worried about getting covid again. I'm going to wear a mask the whole time and do what I can to not get it.
I used to get sick a lot from flights. I'll be wearing a mask from now on on a plane. Way better than being sick on vacation.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/22 20:21:48 )
@totalanimefan: Hopefully you don't get sick at all. :s I'm glad I haven't had to fly anywhere for a few years. I think the combination of being on a stuffy airplane and suffocating in a mask would kill me lol. But yeah, don't need to get sick on vacation. Luckily every time I've gotten sick after a flight it's just been on the way back home.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/22 20:57:11 )

@Starry: I would say the times I've gotten sick was half and half. Half from the flight there, and half from the way back lol
I think I will be ok with a mask. Still it would be nice if more people wore them on planes.
Where was the last place that you flew to?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/23 04:15:20 )
@totalanimefan: The last time I flew anywhere was to L.A. back in 2017. So definitely been a while. But when I lived in Cali I flew back and forth between there and here in CO two times a year and I've done enough flying for a while lol. Traveling is fun sometimes, but I hate the whole process of spending hours at the airport, then hours on the plane, then trying to find my way out of another airport.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/23 04:21:34 )

@Starry: Oh yeah, I love travel, except for the actual traveling part. My body does not like it at all.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/23 04:26:42 )
@totalanimefan: Yeah, I get that. My butt always falls asleep like halfway through the flight and I feel worn out from toting around my luggage. I like it to an extent, but by the end of the week I'm missing my cats and sleeping in my own bed.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/23 04:32:21 )

@Starry: I wish I could sleep on the plane! I try but then my bobbing head wakes me up. I do put on relaxing music and try to sleep. The timezones and long flights and waking up early all upset my body a lot. It's not a fan, but I like seeing the people I care about, being in new, or different places and getting to eat good food. ^^
I do miss home and my animals a lot. I try not to think about it even though I do lol

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/23 04:44:45 )
@totalanimefan: I can't even sleep the first night at a hotel or a new place. I need to be lying down, with either complete silence or white noise. I'm an unfortunately light sleeper. >.> I usually just listen to music on the plane. I used to play my DS/3DS on the plane and that helped the time go by faster too. I've never gone on a flight longer than ~2.5 hours, but I think if I ever finally get to travel internationally I will feel the effects for sure. There are places I'd like to travel, but I'm too anxious to visit a new place by myself. Maybe one day though! I'd really like to travel outside the US, if I can save up enough money and find someone to travel with.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/23 14:07:56 )

@Starry: it’s hard for me to sleep in a new hotel or a new space the first night too. Apparently it’s cause the space is new to us so half or brain doesn’t rest cause what if it’s not safe.
2.5 is a good flight time. Not too long. I used to do that as a kid to see my family in PA when I lived in FL. For long flights CA to the east coast is 6 hours and normally overnight which I try to avoid now.
FL to England is 9 hours. That’s long and for some reason east coast flights to Europe are always overnight. I feel like crap in the morning.
I once did CA to England. Freaking 11 hours. I was like never again lol
I also once did West coast of America to Japan. 13.5 hours. Holy hell.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/24 03:13:55 )
@totalanimefan: That makes sense. Just sucks when you're exhausted and your brain refuses to shut off. I'm jealous of people who can just lie down and fall asleep in like 10 min cause even at home it takes me like 40min-2hrs on average.

Ugh, yeah those long and overnight flights all sound miserable to me, especially when I know I'd never be able to fall asleep on a plane.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/24 05:37:17 )

@Starry: I wish I was one of those people!!
They are. I don’t know why people can’t have a choice. Or they need to make it easier to sleep on flights.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/26 00:21:29 )
@Starry: I definitely can't stand as long as I used to, so I feel you there! I don't think I've ever been front row at a concert, mostly because I don't have the stamina for it, but also because I don't fancy being crushed against the guard if people get crazy. I've been to a few where I was pretty far up, but also those tended to be crazy ones between the constant flow of crowd surfers and then idiots trying to mosh where it wasn't wanted. Some experiences I wouldn't care to do again while others were totally worth it. I got a "bangover" when I saw Motionless in White earlier this year from banging my head too much, so felt like a hunchback the next couple days, but totally worth it. xDD Hope you enjoy The Birthday Massacre when you see them! I went to a concert in Orlando a couple weeks ago and saw Mothe (the e has an accent, but it's pronounced like 'moth'), girlhouse, and The Wrecks, all of which were fantastic.

Oof, I feel you on finding good shoes because I have a similar problem with finding clothes. A lot of the stores I shop at, I find a TON of stuff in bigger sizes, but hardly any in my size, and I'm small. If I knew how to sew or if getting alterations wasn't so expensive and time consuming, I'd probably buy bigger sizes anyway, but nope.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/26 14:05:15 )
@aisukohi: That’s understandable, though one of the reasons I want to be up front on the rail is so I have something to hold on to if things get wild! Haha. I love heavy music but I try to avoid mosh pits. I don’t wanna get shoved around and risk my glasses or other belongings getting destroyed, plus it’s just not my thing. At the festival I mentioned before the headlining bands on day 3 were Arctic Monkeys and Foo Fighters, and everyone shoved forward and security was pulling people out from the front who were trying to escape.

Thanks, I’m definitely looking forward to the show. ^_^ That show sounds awesome. I’m unfamiliar with Mothe but I know some songs by girlhouse and The Wrecks that I like.

I feel you on that. I’m glad dressing rooms are open again because I’ve recently lost a lot of weight, and between that and vanity sizing I have to try on everything in person and am worried when I order stuff online that it’ll be too big. I should really learn how to alter stuff too. Most of my clothes look like tents now, but I have a lot of concert Ts that I can’t just replace, so I just tuck my tent shirt into my skinny jeans and rock the mom look. XD The one good thing about shoes is usually the sizes are consistent, unlike clothing.

Also I decided to make a hangout thread if either if you wanna chat with me there :3 if not it’s all good too, lol, feeling kinda bored and chatty this morning g. https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/13542

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.