Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/17 22:53:14 )

@PashminaPanda: I hope that 9:30am works for him. That's pretty late, so I don't see why it wouldn't ^^
Yeah same, the only thing I wouldn't do is cook something that takes a long time. Think more like I would make toast or get yogurt.
And I would walk the dog before hand since I have to leave the building to do that. But the rest was just during quick down times or bathroom breaks.

Yeah I've seen a lot of people leave they 2019 jobs because management was saying you need to come back in the office. One, the pandemic isn't over yet, and two have you seen the price of gas? I don't even own a car and I feel bad for people.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/18 06:43:28 )
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
@Totalanimefan: Same here ^^ I go on walks during my lunch breaks a few times a week!
My old job had us home from March-May 2020 then wanted us to come back when the pandemic wasn't even in full swing yet. By November we had 5-6 people missing at a time due to testing positive for COVID. :/ It seemed like going through an awful lot of trouble just to keep us in the office. lol

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/19 04:58:42 )

@PashminaPanda: I also love that about WFH and it’s so easy to not eat out.

That’s horrible. Did you get Covid during that time?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/20 01:56:58 )
@totalanimefan: It really is! Back at my old office job I was getting Panera Bread at least twice a week. ^^' lol
I haven't got it at all as far as I know *knock on wood* which is crazy because the coworker that sat next to me got it and she was always leaning over the cubicle wall to talk to me. lol It's crazy to me that there's people out there that think COVID is a myth.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/20 16:38:22 )

@PashminaPanda: It was always nice to get fed. Once a month one of the companies I worked for got bagels for the office. I wished it was more often, but it was really nice. I would just eat bagels instead of eating out that day lol
I hope that you didn't. I got it from a family member visiting from England. Because they thought that it was just a cold they were around me and my husband a lot and we both ended up getting a really bad case because of the viral load.
I do think that's crazy. How can they think that. XD

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 01:04:32 )
@totalanimefan: Ugh I love bagels. My old job would buy those for us every now and then, too. Oh no! Are you still feeling any of the effects of it?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 01:07:56 )

@PashminaPanda: a good bagel is a reason to live.
I seem to get a high heart rate randomly and honestly I'm trying not to worry about it cause it could go away but it's also a long covid thing. I just read new data yesterday that either everyone who had rona, or just people with long covid, anyway, 50% of them have an increased risk for stroke, heart attack, etc etc. So that's really great.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 01:10:57 )
@totalanimefan: I second that notion. I've heard that too, I'm sure you'll be okay though. I remember after my second vaccine I believe my heart would randomly flutter but that could've just been me psyching myself out, too. A few months after my sister had it she developed Bell's Palsy which is scary too.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 01:12:58 )

@PashminaPanda: OMG that's so serious. Is she ok? How are you doing now?
I think what's also worrying me is that my parents have both had major heart surgery. Of course they are the stereotypical boomers that never exercised and just ate junk, but still, that's in my genes (I walk everywhere and before 2020 went to the gym and I eat well)

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 01:18:22 )
@totalanimefan: Yeah, we're both doing fine now. I think half of her face was paralyzed for maybe a month or two but it went away. Yikes D: It sounds like you're taking care of yourself though so that's always something. The same goes for my mom, though. She's been smoking for 40+ years and I'm terrified for her.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 01:21:16 )

@PashminaPanda: I don't understand how we have a whole generation of people that never took care of themselves and think that's ok. Can't tell you how many jokes I've seen about people never working out, or even walking. It's like, use your legs! Use something lol. You don't have to be a gym rat, I'm not one of those lol
I'm glad that you guys are ok now.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 01:24:01 )
@totalanimefan: Yeah, me neither. When I was in high school I was one of those self-proclaimed couch potatoes, but it wasn't until after I realized how important it is to move around. Believe me, I'm no gym rat either. lol I do try to get in at least 150 minutes of exercise a week, though. There's nothing wrong with just walking. c:

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 01:26:40 )

@PashminaPanda: Wow that's really awesome!
In high school I was in choir and Taekwondo. So I was pretty fit, but for different reasons those both ended when I was done with high school. So when I was in college I decided to walk one mile every morning before it got too hot (in FL). I felt great doing it.
Then I moved to England for college after two years and I saw what it was like to live in a place where you just walk when you need to get somewhere. It was eye opening and I loved it. I wish it was the same for more than like 5% of the US.
Also agreed that even if people just went on a walk 3-5 times a week it would do wonders for them.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 01:34:16 )
@totalanimefan: That's awesome! I regret not being more active in high school. I would walk home from school every now and then my freshman year, but it wasn't nearly consistent enough. Living in England must have been a very eye-opening opportunity. (I'm only a little jealous. xD I always say if I didn't have any friends or family here in the US I would probably try moving to Europe, I love the fact that life in general involves more walking. Walking isn't just great for my physical health, but I feel like I can almost "vent" for my mental health too.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 01:42:25 )

@PashminaPanda: I just did it cause I like singing and I liked watching shonen anime lol. I wasn’t think about my health lol.
But then the mile in college was cause I couldn’t go from all that to just sitting still lol

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 01:45:14 )

England was very eye opening. I was a very poor college student there lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 23:56:11 )
@totalanimefan: I bet! I couldn't even imagine. lol Haha I feel like that's why I lot of kids did Taekwondo. It was definitely why I wanted to for a little while when I was growing up.
Would you say you were as poor as American college students or worse? haha

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/24 01:41:07 )

@PashminaPanda: lol yes. I’ve been watching anime for a long time
It’s hard to compare because I had British healthcare which is free and there was no car. No students had them and the public transportation was very good. But also it took a long time for my student loan money to come in. Like in Oct. British students normally make pasta (cheaper than in the US) and beans on toast. That’s pretty poor lol. But also it doesn’t cost as much in tuition.
Oh and there aren’t really scholarships in the UK.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/25 14:19:34 )
@totalanimefan: Give and take I see. Idk, it sounds all around better there to be honest. lol
Thinking about playing Pokemon Crystal again.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.