Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day 2022: Spring Cleaning! Spring Cleaning: The Dust Wars Event FAQ (+ Raffle Hangout!)

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/12 15:34:03 )
    oh i see! do you like using an azerty keyboard? How long have you used it?

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/12 15:37:53 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

Here in belgium its standard to use an azerty keyboard so im used to it lol
ive never rly used anything other then that so i geus i like it?

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/12 15:40:02 )
    oh i didn’t know that! that’s an interesting fact. I thought maybe you had switched from qwerty. that’s pretty cool!

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/12 15:43:43 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

I find it intresting that keyboards difr so much, i recently learned that a french keyboard also uses azert but theres other keys that are switched (i believe @ with something)

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/12 15:45:28 )
    it is fascinating. i think I would really struggle to adjust to a new keyboard type, I’ve used qwerty all my life.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/12 18:38:36 )
pride horns <3 also yieks mental exhaustion after tossing in all the pictures I've taken for the photohalleng but im done now though i till have 6 kms walk to do

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/12 18:47:06 )
@TeaTales: i know exactly what you mean! it was exhausting to get those pictures!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/12 19:01:13 )
@Alorrena: In the end I still missed my toolbox, ( it was hiding on a shelf in the back of my cleaning supply closet, would hveneeded to remove about 70% of the contents in the closet just to get it out, and taking picture of it just without pulling it out would just be a big black box to look at nothing screaming tools.
A pop can I also missed as I never drink soda, or use pop cans, only use them when I find them when walking around the moat ( which I try to do daily but today has been a busy at home day so have yet to do that )

Last but not least is the blue bin.. which was/is a HUGE issue as bins in Denmark all are dark grey ( or on rare occasions green if you get the old bins ) Only way of getting a blue bin is from buying one online for 1000 dkr, which I am not willing to spend as 1. I live in an apartment 2. Im on early retirement and 3. have a funeral in the other end of the country in 2 days. So had to drop that one.. even though I considered doing some vandalism on the bins outside my apartment by painting one of them a splatter of blue, but too much chance of getting caught and doubly a painted bin would've been getting an OK

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/12 19:03:51 )
@TeaTales: I totally get it. The recycle program here where i live sucks to the point of non-existence, so we don't even have those here. I had to get a bit creative with a couple of my pictures.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/12 19:10:11 )
@Alorrena: more than a couple of my pictures I ended up havn to to the stores looking, and be suspicious idiot who takes pictures with a tag. got more than a few looks when looking at toasters tryng to decide which one they means in the challenge xDD as here a toaster is everything from one to roast bread on to a toastmaker ^^;

eded up taking pictures of both.

as for recycling, I'd say we got a good recyclng going here, its just that our bins aint color coded, instead they are height and shape coded. ( edible wate goes to a normal sized grey bin, cardboard to a slightly taller grey bin, plastic to a bin big enough for about 2½ food bins t be in, and everythin else goes to the big, oddly slim grey bin which is about 2 hands larger than the plastic bin but still shorter in length )

still need to get me some more event currency X_X;

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/12 19:24:03 )
    ours is simple: blue bin for garden waste and recycling, black bin for everything else. I wish my local council cared more about recycling :( nobody around here bothers to separate their waste :(

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/12 19:43:52 )
@sunny: That is kind of how it used to be here like 20-30 years ago, then politicians began putting more focus on the environment. its to the point now where schools have days where tey teach kids about how to produce less waste, go out to pick up trash from the nature and streets. there even are smaller organisations were they donate money for preserving nature ad oceans r plats a tree when you come with a bag of trash to them. is nice

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/12 19:44:59 )
    @TeaTales: that sounds really good! That’s all great stuff :) I wish my local area was like that! We need to do more for the environment!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/12 19:57:49 )
@TeaTales: I think there is a program here, but literally no one participates. I know in my hometown there was a thing about if you put trash in the recyclebin it wouldn't be taken, and you had to have your trash in a trash can with the lid closed for them to take it, but you didn't have to sort the recyclables, it all went in a blue bin, and if your family was bigger or used a lot of recyclable stuff, you could opt into having a larger blue bin, as well as regular grey trash bins that were slightly bigger than the large recycle bin. I think i'm explaining this poorly, so i'm sorry if it's confusing. I'm tired.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/12 20:48:52 )
    Has everyone had a good day?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/12 21:19:21 )
@Alorrena: Nah I think I get it. the garbage folk also prefer the trashbins to be closed here or they wont take thm... which doesnt help much when on just this building we are 30 apartments all sharing the same bins. it gets rather extremely overfilled during holidays ( recent holiday was a good proof of that, they had to come by our road twice, and some idiot had decided the best place to put all the cardboard that couldnt fit into the cardboard bin, fit onto the lawn. >>;

@Sunny: It's been chill.. slept most of it away tho x'D have to change my sleep schedue for tuesday.. * have to be up at 6 am to fetch a train*

also still annoyed that I couldnt find Gears for the photo challenge... espite havng 500+ books in my apartment, none of them shows gears on the cover.. the closest I get to gears are my bicycles gears, which I somehow doubt is the kind of gear they're asking for. ^^;

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/12 21:23:10 )
    @TeaTales: uh oh, I’ve been there! I hope your sleep schedule gets fixed soon. Are you going on a trip?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/12 21:57:21 )
@sunny: You could call it a trip.. Am going to my greatgrandmothers funeral have to take train at 6.43 am

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/12 22:08:29 )
    @TeaTales: oh no, I’m sorry to hear that :( that’s gotta be tough…

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/12 22:45:01 )
@sunny: Well we we're kinda waiting for it, even if she will be missed, I suspected it would be this year she passed at her daughters ( aka my grandmothers ) funeral 3 months ago. If I recall correct she will be buried next to my grandmother and her husband in a giant family grave. ) she ended up at the ripe age of 104 ½ years

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.