Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat My ACNH island is gone!!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/31 03:25:45 )

My old switch broke, I moved all my data to my new switch through the switch’s settings.
I went to go to my island on my new switch and it didn’t load. So I thought I just need to use my cloud save or something?
Nope it turns out you have to have the old switch and the new switch connected to each other and you have to do it with the game open on both systems. It can’t be through the switch’s settings. This is the only game that had that problem. All my other games has their game’s data

The switch is gone and I’m unable to get that island back even though I have the save data on my new switch.

I’m so upset. I spent at least 300 hours on that island and it’s how I hung out with my friends during the beginning of the pandemic. I had all the fossils and most of the items in the game. I love how my island was set up.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/31 03:35:42 )
@Totalanimefan: oh that is so heart breaking!!! i read this and went " noooooo!!!!" in my mind (cause my mouth is full lol) I know exactly how that feels. That's rough. i hate starting over in any game, but especially one like animal crossing. Hopefully your friends will be able to help you get your island back to how you like it and will be willing to help you out if you need it! (like with bells, or what have you.) I would totally offer to help you with villagers, but i'm not sure where my switch is right now, nor the ACNH game either. or my amiibo coins (homemade). Tyi wanted me to find his stuff from the coffee table a couple days ago cause he had a problem but i came up with another solution lol Now i regret it because wherever that box is, is probably where all of the switch stuff is too.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/31 04:55:04 )

@neon: thanks. I don’t know if I want to start a new island yet. I probably will in the future but thank you for offering.
I do think it’s stupid that it does it like that and the game never really warns you or anything. It’s bad enough I had to sit with both Switches (one with a half broken screen) and transfer all the data in settings and yet I still don’t have my island. T-T

@Alorrena: thank you. It really is heartbreaking. I think I have to mourn my island for a little while but if I start a new game up I will take you up on your offer. I had so many memories and time spent on that island.

Voltie — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/31 07:30:59 )

Did you happen to have your island backed up? You may still be able to restore it even without the og switch.

The limitations they put on ACNH are rather frustrating tho. :/

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/31 15:13:04 )

@Lilykin: Thank you. I'm going to ask my husband who works in tech. I sent him the link and he will be able to tell me if I can or not. I do pay for Nintendo Online.
@neon Yeah it is dumb. I'm going to do what Lily posted about and see if I can get my island back! I'm not going to get too excited just in case. I have a memory card for my Switch with games on it, but I still had to go through the Switch system settings to move a lot of data over and I guess allow the data to be used on another Switch? It's weird just how protective they are. I'm a law-abiding, paying customer lol

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/31 15:42:33 )

I swear I set up the island backup. I've paid for the Nintendo Online service from day 1, and I know that I'm the type to backup my data.
I contacted Nintendo Support and they couldn't find it. :(

Voltie — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/31 17:12:28 )

@Totalanimefan: I'm sorry, I was hoping that might be it. You can try digging into the ACNH reddit some more to see if anyone else came up with a solution.

If not, I keep meaning to get the Nintendo Online. I've got dozens of extra recipes and junk (just don't judge me too hard on my island design skills lol)

~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/31 17:46:19 )

@Lilykin: Thank you. I should try to use reddit and google and see what I can do. I have a feeling that it's lost forever, but I want it back so badly.
Thank you. I will let you know if I decide to make another island. I'm still in the heartbreak stage and want to mourn it for a while.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/1 01:02:54 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

If you need bells I have the max amount possible in the game so I can give you several million LOL

...If you wanna keep your head
Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/1 16:44:09 )

@Spider: OMG that is so kind of you T_T
I feel like I should restart my island because of all your kindness.

@KDA Drew: Thank you. I do know a lot more about the game, so I probably could make it a lot better! It's just the memories and the dated stamps I had that make me pretty sad about it all.

@everyone You guys kindness is seriously making me think about restarting my island.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/8 11:54:48 )
✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧

Oh no!!! ;w; I couldn't imagine my island being wiped, I have so many of my dreamies.... T___T

Best of luck getting everything back! :C

I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.