Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat i made a dress and just want to share it

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/11 02:15:27 )
@Alorrena: I'm really glad you like your final product. Being an artist working in any medium, it's hard when you pour your heart and soul into a piece and end up not liking it. Wonderful work!
🖤 she/her | blissfully taken | ping me for I am a forgetful creature 🖤

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/18 13:26:03 )
@Alorrena:

4-5 days without it being too severe? That's good it wasn't too severe, doesn't make it any less sucky to get COVID or any form of sickness/illness. As for my husband, he also is immunocompromised, but, I am thinking he didn't have as much issue as his second vaccine was before I got sick, so, no idea, it could very well be that he was asymptomatic during that time.

You are absolutely right that there are snobby people on both sides. I personally rather know someone's allergies before ever serving food and I feel it's not right to try and trick people into eating something they may be sensitive to or not enjoy. I have used agave in the past even prior to being vegan as I am not a fan of honey (and would often make me sick). Nowadays, I use maple syrup (just tastes better) or date syrup /or/ medjool dates to sweeten things.

I don't believe in blanket terms such as 'humane'/'free-range'/etc when it comes to animal parts for food, I consider a sanctuary for an animal more humane (by definition, humane means 'having or showing compassion or benevolence, I don't see it as showing compassion or benevolence to an animal that dies for someones pleasure/food if that makes sense) I also appreciate you saying you are certain I did research (there is much research to be done for many things, example? Exploitation of other animals for other foods like avocado or banana).

I don't blame you either for being sad about if you eventually do have a child(ren) about Halloween. I am hopeful that someday (when that day comes mind you), he will be able to talk with you about how to go about the kids wanting to go out, etc. I mean, when in doubt? I would hope that you can go with some friends/family and that the kids can go with you + friends + family, whoever.

That sounds terrifying to be in a car at such a young age with someone who is meant to be a parental figure driving drunk. ): I struggle nowadays and no doubt I would lose focus if I were to be talked to on medication as well (when I was on trial before I have my appointment in a few days to give updates it happened) when trying to focus on something. A great example is, if I am watching a video and my husband says something, I need to pause it to listen to what he is saying.

(More than anything, I did notice that it wasn't as easy for me to 'multi-task', so, as I am typing this, I am listening to a video in the background, sometimes, I will rewind the video if I missed something, but, when I was on medication, I would have to pause the video to reply to this).

My best friend mentioned that he had been in an accident before similar to what you said, except, he wasn't just learning, the car was damaged and someone rammed into the back of his car at a red light and it was learned later the person was texting while driving (big eye roll). I can definitely imagine how scary it would be on a straight stretch or driving near mountains (as you said, wind).

Oh god! That sounds so painful (wasp and softball size)! My experience similar to yours (not seeing it until after getting stung) was when it flew up my shirt and got caught to the point where it stung me to try and get out. I brushed my stomach as I felt a small sting, then felt something and freaked out swatting away, my husband lifted my shirt barely standing in front of me to flick it off so others on the train wouldn't see and he smashed it. I felt bad, but, it hurt on what people describe I presume is how a paper-cut felt, then it started stinging REALLY bad!

I am so sorry the cop(s) didn't do anything, that always frustrates me beyond words when someone doesn't care, like, it's your JOB! DO IT!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.