Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/26 21:26:56 )
@Totalanimefan: that's good that you're able to get rid of excess things. I'm looking forward to being able to hang things up on the walls, actually. And then eventually once my mother in law moves, I'm going to paint a mural in the room my hubby is going to claim as his office. I'm looking forward to that too.
Yeah, it was a good chat :) it's always nice to make new friends (:

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/26 21:38:59 )
@Mandy Amour: thank you! I wish I had an item the had the back arm bent like this avatar, but instead of the rock gesture it was a peace sign. This is the closest I could find in my items, but it works well and adds a bit of movement to it, I think. It's always nice to get items, and at least you'll know that your items will get used by me!

yeah, I think a psw would be the closest thing to what I did. That first caregiving job I had I rarely saw any coworkers, so it was literally just me and the residents all evening.

Yeah, I agree with you about Healthcare workers being amazing and special people. I've been considering taking the class to get my HHA certification, but it's just not the right timing for me right now. I'll be helping out a lot with my grandmother in law starting next week, and I need a job asap soy hubby and I can afford to fully take over the rent at my mother in laws house when she moves to her parents in a month or two. Also, money is nice anyways because it means more date nights lol

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/26 22:08:26 )

@Mandy Amour: That sucks that you had long covid, I have it a bit myself and so does my husband. We got it at the start of the month, so it's been like 2-3 since actual covid. I hope that this will go away over time. It's also good that your Dr believed you, back then it was so unusual to hear about long covid.
I know you are busy but it's always nice when you stop by ^^

@Alorrena: I love having art up on the wall. It's really awesome. Do you already have some pieces, or will you get some after you move? A mural is so cool! Do you know what it will be of?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/26 23:07:37 )
@Totalanimefan: That's my parents for you. I'd much rather have a Lexus. My friend recently bought one and she's let me drive it, and I can say with certainty that's the best experience I've ever had driving. Yeah this weather has been awful and I read it's supposed to snow AGAIN on Friday. I don't get seasonal depression really, I just have the all-year-round kind lol.

Donator — V.A.G Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/27 01:20:17 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah it wasnt fun, but I also hope you guys feel better soon, its not nice at all to go through. I'm also super happy I always have a place to come back too when I do stop by, I know its never for a long period of time but I do still try anyway lol. Though I have been thinking about offering a voodoo art contest, see if that keeps me more active and schedule it to end on my days off so I can complete it in a good amount of time too. its been a while since I offered one of my voodoo's, I miss the little suckers haha

@Alorrena: I understand that, timing is everything. Im thirty-three and only just got into this field myself and it took the right circumstances to get me here. I couldn't of done it without this pandemic either, it just set into motion the right events to get me where I am, because I received government funding for my schooling so luckily I walk away with no school debt, barely anyone can say that so I count myself extremely fortunate indeed. I do hope you are able to make your way back to the profession, you seem to have a passion for people and lord knows we need more of those people in the field. I also think your just too adorable, I had to send you another item from your list ^-^ enjoy my dear!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/27 03:02:38 )
@Totalanimefan: No art yet, but i do have a couple canvas wedding pictures i'd like to hang, and my roommate just gave me a blank canvas so i can paint something on it. So i'll have that for when i do decide to do something with it. The mural is going to be a bunch of things from different anime, like rimuru's slime form from reincarnated as a slime, Toga's silhouette from my hero acadamia, the hunter license from hunter hunter, the staff of Ainz Oal Gown from Overlord, the Dragon balls, the main shield from shield hero, things like that. i will have to do a lot of planning when i do it, because i'll be making a grid of the images. Tyi was told to make me a list of anime that he wants included, as well as an idea of the image he'd like.

@Mandy Amour: i hope to be able to make my way back into the field eventually, but since Tyi and i don't plan on living in florida the rest of our lives (too hot and we miss snow), it will probably be after we decide on what state we want to live in. But that's going to have to wait until his grandma passes away because it's important that we spend time with her, even if she's not fully aware of who we are. Dementia is rough for everyone in the family, i think.

oh my gosh, you're too kind <3 Thank you so much!

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/27 06:29:56 )
@Alorrena: Thats quite a bit to deal with.. i sympathize. i prob was the fav, now we couldn't be more different. My emotions seem brushed off a lot as ''being dramatic.'' So, i became socially reserved.

@Totalanimefan: my arm? taking forever to recover. Scares me a lil, n really kills my mood to art.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/27 06:52:42 )
@DreamerZ: I get that. Sometimes parents just don't understand that they're not the only ones with feeling and that their kids go through things themselves that's separate from the parents. -hugs- it's good to see you again! i missed you :]

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/27 14:51:39 )

@SorrowTheMad: if I had a luxury car it would be a Lexus. My aunt and uncle have one and it’s super nice. Ew snow again although you do like the cold lol. I feel that all the time depression. It just gets worse for me in the winter.

@Mandy Amour: that would be cool. Maybe you should do that ^^

@Alorrena: those all sound nice. I like the mix of anime and couple’s pictures. ^^ shows off what you like lol. What will you paint with the blank canvas?

@DreamerZ: I was hoping that it would be better cause it’s not winter anymore but it’s still hurting you? I hope it recovers soon

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/28 07:22:55 )
@Alorrena: Aw, you. Missed you too. -hugs- It's great having ppl who try n' understand. Certain things I just refuse or subtly fear talking about w/ her lol.

@Totalanimefan: Oh it's not the cold. its from ashing my shoulder 2 weeks ago. Left my arm weak.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/28 10:05:03 )
@Totalanimefan: i have absolutely no idea yet. i'll probably do a bunch of sketches before i settle on something, but that might not be for a few years. i'm really indecisive, and even more so if it's something that's permanent and i can only do it once or a limited amount of times before i have to buy more things. I would love to be financially stable enough that i can go to the craft store every week and drop like $300 in materials. Maybe someday soon. Who knows.

@DreamerZ: I totally get that. I'm kind of the same way, but more about things i'm deciding to do in life, like being polyamorous, or being bisexual (she knows my sexuality but we just don't talk about it). My mom's pretty awesome in the fact that she's generally open minded about things, but i think sometimes she needs to unlearn things she was raised believing, so it can be a bit tough.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/28 12:15:25 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah her Lexus is fantastic. It's a 2013 and it feels so nice to drive. I'm sorry to hear about your seasonal depression though. That definitely sucks :/

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/28 17:38:11 )

@DreamerZ: Oh it's from that. When do you think you will heal?
It's cold here today. The weather has been all over the place.

@SorrowTheMad: Good news is that it's April, so I'm good until next Nov haha. I also have a SAD lamp. I think it's cause I am from FL, so I'm used to a lot of sunshine (and rain too lol)
Yes they are super nice. I liked it whenever I got to ride in my uncle's which wasn't often lol

@Alorrena: I find it hard to know what I want to hang in the house too. What size? What medium? What colors? What theme? Etc
Hopefully that could happen someday. Is the house less per month than your current rent?

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/29 01:56:17 )
@Totalanimefan: no, it's actually going to be about 400 more. The rent here is 525 for our 1/3 and the rent at the house is 1000, but his mom, when she moves out, will be paying us 100 to keep stuff in the garage. But, she said while she's living there with us we'll be paying 400. Our utilities will be a little more than here, but ultimately, i'm pretty sure we can make it less because we'll have less people, less big computers running all the time, and we'll have a working AC that won't be bleeding our money.

I started packing a little bit today. i went and bought more tape, got home, assembled like 4 boxes, and then packed one box of books and started on our pantry foods, and then decided i was too exhausted because it was so hot in here (it was 81 inside!!!!!) and so i took a nap for an hour and then when i got up i took my roommate to the store, and we just got back. it's now 79 in here, and we just opened the windows because it's 71 outside. i'm so annoyed that my other roommate didn't do anything about the AC a couple days after the maintenance guy came and said he fixed it because clearly he hasn't. And now i have to pack stuff while sweating bullets. it sucks, and my roommates won't/can't help and suffer with me because they have to work.

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/29 03:32:19 )
@Alorrena: lol you just described mine. Wel, i'm not poly [more gender type stuff im my case] , but, the rest is accurate. Open minded, but, stubborn in her case. Esp if it's not her way lol...

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/29 03:34:44 )
@Totalanimefan: Dr said 2-6 weeks. i hope it is not the latter. Here its been heat, heat, n still hot lol

Ping me and bring me food..=0.0=

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/29 04:52:21 )
@DreamerZ: first- love the new avatar! Second, yeah, my oldest sibling is trans, and just started HRT on the 26th. My mom was really against it at first (there's always going to be resistance in families, i think, because when you come out as a different gender, they have to reconfigure how they view you, and that's hard.) and took my sibling to counseling, thinking that the counselor would side with mom, but mom got a big shock when the counselor was like, "you won't even call her a her?" like kinda rudely? i guess? but like in a way that wasn't offensive and was just enough for mom to be like "Oh! okay? i thought B was wrong about being trans, but i guess i'm the wrong one. Okay i'll work on that." And i think growing up, my mom used to talk about how homosexuality was a sin and yada yada yada, but then when i told her i didn't believe in god the same way she does, she was like oh, and was starting to realize that other views from what she was raised with are not necessarily wrong, and that sinning wasn't a determining factor in my mind for w. And that was about 5-6 years after the ruling about lgbt+ sexual acts becoming legal, and around the same time i had my first um.... experience. And I didn't say anything to my mom, or formally come out to anyone, but i'm kinda under the opinion that you don't have to come out as straight, so why do you have to come out as anything other. I do make comments about it occasionally, like, commenting on a hot girl, or when asked my opinion on girls, i'll give it, and usually people give me a weird look and then i will explain that i like women too and just cause i'm married to a man doesn't mean i don't like women or can't find them attractive. My mom lost any arguments about being gay once she couldn't use the classic, "that's a sin" against me.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/29 12:19:51 )
@Totalanimefan: Oh I love the rain, fall is my favorite time of year so rain is the best :D How does your sad lamp work out for you? Does it help? Yeah I may just have to lease a Lexus. We have a dealer in the area so I'm sure I could make that work.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/29 16:10:58 )

@SorrowTheMad: What's your current car? I heard that cars are really expensive atm because of the chip shortage.
It works pretty well. I don't use it everyday because the winter is a bit better in DC than somewhere like Boston, or Canada, or England. It's not like 100%, but I feel a big difference when I use it. Maybe next winter I should plan a trip down to FL to see family or something. It could help break up the winter for me.
Rain is good for me. Not a fan of the all day grey skies with the light mist-like rain (think England or Seattle). Florida rain is tropical, it's big and heavy and can come on quick but also leave quick too.

@DreamerZ: I hope it doesn't take 6 weeks either 0-0 Is your body slow to heal? It's hot there already? I guess it is almost May (which is crazy to think about)

@Alorrena: Oh I see. After she leave could you, or do you want to rent a room out to cover the costs? Or you are fine paying it?
I read your spoiler. That really sucks. I can remember sometimes cooking or cleaning when the house was 81, and that's just too hot T_T I hope it's better for you later.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/29 18:23:13 )
@Totalanimefan: i'll be getting a "second" job (quotes cause my current job i don't really do anything, i just get paid by my mom) before my mother in law moves out completely, so everything will be covered. Honestly, i think we might be able to cover it without the second job, but we wouldn't have any spare spending money and money would be really tight, so it would just be easier for my to get at least a part time job. Fortunately, if i get a full time job, all the excess money will be able to be saved in case i decide to switch jobs, and if i don't and i like the job i end up getting, then we'll be able to put the spare money into furniture and hobbies, and good food which will be nice.

Yeah, it's not getting much better. it was a little cooler this morning when i started working on stuff, but i think that's only because today's high outside is like 82-83. We honestly could probably have the windows open and it would probably feel better in here. Actually, our bedroom window is open with our door closed, so hopefully when i get back there it will be tolerable. Fortunately, i don't have a lot of packing to do in there (just emptying out the dresser and taping up boxes and making sure to have a box for our bedding). I might end up taking a nap insead of working on things back there though cause i woke up this morning because it was too hot in our room and i had only gotten 2 hours of sleep. Turns out my roommate closed the living room windows without switching the AC back to the "on" position and just had the fan blowing. It doesn't cool the apartment well enough to be comfortable, but it works okay enough to be tolerable when sitting and doing nothing.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.