Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/4 16:10:58 )
@Totalanimefan: Dang that sucks!!! i'm sorry! Hopefully you and your hubs have a mild case. i have had friends who have had it, and at one point my roommate had it. it was a miracle that i didn't get it because i take him to work every day, and he had actually ended up calling sick on the second day of symptoms, and they told him to go home and take a test after 5 days and if he was positive to stay out for a total of 10 days, or until his doctor said he could go back. i had also taken him to that appointment too, but by the time of the appointment he had been hanging out with me and my hubby in the living room and could have infected us, but especially me because i spent more time in close proximity to him un masked.

It is. tickets here were about 600 or more, and we paid 125. But, i think it's just like that because my uncle worked for the airline i fly on. Basically, it's just taxes and fees. They also call it non rev, or non revenue. So they don't really earn anything off of me.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/4 16:46:30 )

@Alorrena: I'm glad that you didn't get it. We have been so cautious but since the company we had over had it, we got it from them because we didn't wear masks around them in the house. I keep wanting to believe it wasn't from my in-laws but they were sick, there is no more mask mandate in England, so they weren't wearing one in England before they came, and my husband's mom at one point said she couldn't smell a candle. It should have been a red flag, but I thought that it was just cause of her 'cold'.
OMG $600 is so expensive. I can't believe it was that much. I used to fly from CA to FL all the time and tickets were like $350-$450 each time unless it was the holidays.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/4 17:37:37 )
@Totalanimefan: Oh yeah... I'm sure they were in culture shock to begin with, just getting through the airports and dealing with DC, which is absolutely laid back when compared to NYC!! XD Your inlaws might have been leaning towards the Irish Pub food simply because they had some idea of what to expect (although even that probably threw them for a bit of a loop - lol). NYC can be overwhelming if you're not accustomed to it. It sounds like you had fun though, so that's pretty awesome! <3

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/4 18:53:23 )

@Wildfire: yeah that’s totally why they picked out food but I was thinking you could literally get any meal you wanted and you pick what you could basically get at home but with Manhattan pricing Lolol
They told me they did like DC better and I agree with them. NYC is so awesome but the hustle culture gets to me. Makes me anxious. DC is still a work hard place but it’s not in a NY min lol.
We saw a broadway show (Wicked) and went to the High Line and walked down 5th. They also thought the 9/11 memorial was beautiful, which I 100% agree with.

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/4 21:33:10 )
@Alorrena: had a black mold issue in mon's room. Getting fixed. So in a hotel......cow tongue tacos? o.0

@Totalanimefan: LIfe is really testing us lately, huh. Hope it doesnt cause ya much trouble

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/4 21:45:23 )
@Totalanimefan: I've never seen the 9/11 Memorial. NYC, to me, is pre-9/11.... :(
It definitely sounds like you had a good time!! <3

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/4 23:36:08 )

@DreamerZ: Thank you. I spoke with the Dr today. She said that my symptoms are deff Omicron. She said that I should recover in a few days because I'm healthy and vaxxed.

@Wildfire: You have to go sometime in your life. It's sad, but also very beautiful. I think it's one of the best memorials in the world. (not that I've been everywhere, but I've been to a lot of places lol)
It was good. NYC is always a good trip, except maybe not that one time I got horrible food poisoning. lol

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/5 01:21:57 )

@DreamerZ: how are you? how was your monday?
    @Wildfire: it's honestly one of my favorite features of voltra. other sites i would buy duplicate commons all the time and waste gold lol

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/5 01:23:24 )

@Totalanimefan: no i haven't taken a test but i've been watching my symptoms and i lack a fever. i actually am 10000% better now but i guess since i was just so in love with the cats i played with them too much and wound up really feeling it lol

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/5 01:39:42 )
@Totalanimefan: i'm glad. Lifes too precious

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/5 01:43:07 )
@Bonnie: i'll sound old. But, tired n' slow XD You?

Ping me and bring me food..=0.0=

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/5 02:10:09 )

@DreamerZ: i know exactly what you mean tho! ;c i feel the EXACT same. only a couple of hours before i can go to bed~ i'm excited lol

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/5 07:26:43 )
@Totalanimefan: oh wow, yeah, it does seem like unfortunately it came from them.

yeah. i don't think it's usually that much, but with gas prices being what they are... everything else increases too. but even before when it was like 350-400, it would still save a significant amount of a price decrease. for me, anything around $100 + cheaper is always the better option, cause ya girl's broke.

@DreamerZ: oh yeesh! that's scary. hopefully it will be fixed soon. I have a couple friends (they're married) that had that happen to them, and they're in the process of getting it fixed, but there's no where for them to go while it's getting fixed, so they have to stay in that house. they just stay away from that room. Yeah, it's okay if you don't know what it is, that's for sure. some people love them like my mom others hate them like my sibling, and then some are like meh, like me.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/5 12:07:26 )
@Totalanimefan: I don't know if I'll make it back to NYC again and I don't know if I want to see the memorial -or the changed skyline- tbh. I don't need to live through those experiences again - I lived there not long before the towers went down... probably knew people who perished in that chaos (nobody terribly close, obviously, but still...)

@Bonnie: lol, yeah... and once you have duplicate commons, getting rid of them is difficult and always at a loss XD

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/5 13:10:02 )
@Totalanimefan: That's super weird that they didn't have to test at all. Feel bad for anyone in the same vehicle as them. I've known a few people like this. A couple months ago I started showing symptoms a couple days after bowling with a friend of mine (both of us tested negative) but when I asked him about it he was like "Oh yeah, I've had a few symptoms since Wednesday" (we went bowling on Saturday, so he'd been sick for three days before we hung out). I'm glad you're not in too rough of shape. When I had it, I had the insomnia/exhaustedness too. Definitely hope this goes away soon. Sorry you're sick :(

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/5 13:33:24 )

@Bonnie: That's good. I also wonder if it's possible to have Rona and not have a fever? I feel like the symptoms can be all over the place. My husband and I don't have many overlapping symptoms but we both have the same thing.
Now that you are all better, what are your plans for the week?

@DreamerZ: Agreed. Today I have less aches and no fever, but my cough is really bad. I took some DyQuil.

@Alorrena: Yeah that's true. These prices were from 2015-2020. So I'm sure with the pandemic and gas prices the airlines charge way more. I hope I don't have to pay $600 or more in Aug when I go from DC to San Jose, CA for a wedding.

@Wildfire: That's very sad. I remember that day well, and since FL and NY are so close there were kids in my class effected by it too. It still saddens me to this day. I do think the memorial does the best job it can to honor those lives lost. Understandable if you don't want to go though.

@SorrowTheMad: Yes because it can spread on an airplane if you are close to them and the flight was 8 hours, so even with a mask there is a chance, and of course because the flight was that long there was a lot of meal breaks probably at least 3.
Yeah exactly. Bro if you don't feel well, don't go lolol. I don't know why people have this thing where they are sick (with anything) and they still go to an event or something. Like you are going to give everyone else your cold/flu/diarrhea and I don't want that! Thank you. Finally my fever broke and the achy-ness is gone, but it was replaced with a horrible cough and I still couldn't sleep well. This not able to sleep thing is kinda of worrying me because the Dr said that's a COVID symptom but it's also found in long COVID. T_T

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/5 13:50:45 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, it's one thing to see the reports on TV... it's another thing to have been in those towers... worked in them. I honestly have zero desire to go to NYC these days. Anyway, I'm still glad you had fun.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/5 14:02:00 )

@Wildfire: Glad that you weren't in the towers on those days.
How are you doing?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/5 14:04:27 )

@Wildfire: yessssss~ which i completely understand why it should be a loss, i guess but it's just upsetting lol
    @Totalanimefan: that too, but I didn't feel any different the next day than I do when it's just my sinuses so I didn't really think anything about it. only time will tell. but our COVID numbers are down for the last month so hopefully it isn't a big deal.

bloop

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/5 15:09:09 )
@Totalanimefan: I had already moved out of NY by that time, but yes, it hit a nerve, so to speak.
I'm doing well, thanks - I'm currently trying to figure out what is eating my dragon fruit and what to do about it... *grumbles* :/ How are you?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.