Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/25 01:13:55 )

So last week I went to the dealership and thought I was looking at a pretty sweet deal for a used car. They had JUST gotten it and it still needed to go through inspections and detailing, ect.
So I go to work the next day like HI BOSS LOOK AT THIS DEAL
and he sees the deal and is like
wtf that's a terrible deal, they're scamming you
and I'm like well shit
good thing I didn't put any money towards it.

Fast forward, today, my boss takes me and my fiance to a different dealership that he's worked with before and trusts. He works some word magic, scares them with his meticulous german mother, and instructs me on what to say at what point and how to play with my down payments and trade in values so I dont get jipped. He ended up getting me in a NEW car, freshly made, only 6 miles on it. Super good deal (according to my mom who knows car stuff quite well, I just.. never paid attention so I'm car dumb), and almost half the amount on financing that I was expecting from that used car before.

Yay

got this thing!

Although my real takeaway from all this is that I don't think I could ever willingly let anyone else drive me around again, except for my fiance and my mother. Because holy HELL my boss almost killed us so many times, and somehow the dealership guy--who was ONLY going around the parking lot with us--almost got into a nasty head-on with us in the vehicle (not the one I purchased, another one he was just giving us a ride from one building to another, cause its cold af today). Idk why he was even driving so fast in a LOT!
and like on the way home with my boss, we almost rear end every person in front of us at every stop because for some reason he's always looking BEHIND HIM ON A ONE WAY ROAD
WHERE ARE YOU LOOKING AT SIR
STOP TOUCHING YOUR PHONE SCREEN AAAA

I was so scared, I got home with a headache and shaky arms :'''' )
But I'm alive
Hi
cannot wait to pick up the new car tomorrow (just came in also, they're gonna detail it and stuff before releasing it to me)

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/25 03:42:01 )

@Jolly: i am glad you had your boss in your corner to help you with car stuff. i got my car at an okay deal, but my financing was REALLY good with my credit union.

bloop

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/25 04:45:32 )

I don’t understand how so people are so bad at driving. My mom’s wealth management guy was super cool and down to earth but good lord he couldn’t drive manual but he loved to drive it and I would feel car sick like 30 sec into the ride and he couldn’t understand how people somehow always felt car sick around him lol
I’m glad you got a good deal on a car.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/28 19:54:10 )
good god.
stuff like this makes me fear having to get a driving license to commute anywhere.
please ping me for the love of god.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.