Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Controlled Chaos

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/19 06:09:15 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

"Just about done?" Ash asked.

"What's left?" he asked her.

'Also, she's not done yet? But she said she ate...' he then thought. '...did she take a break and eat? No... I don't see her being the sort to do that right now...' he thought further.

Was she lying to him?

"And it's okay to take a break if you need it." he assured her at the end.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/19 06:14:30 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"Under the stove." Was Hazel's reply, before she was back in the kitchen. Ash followed her, and watched her move the stove with far less effort than he would have expected before she got down to the floor and started to work on cleaning the rather unpleasant tile that was beneath it.

When he looked around briefly, he saw that the kitchen was about as clean as it was when he first moved in.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/19 06:37:45 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"...holy hell..." he muttered, seeing the 'good-as-new' state it was in. He also saw Hazel immediately and without hesitation, working on the grody tile that had been underneath the stove.

However, he had to admit that she had moved it with damn ease. He was impressed.

"Hey, Hazel?" he said.

"When you finish that... why not take a shower?" he suggested.

"All those chemicals and stuff? Plus you've been working REALLY hard... a shower'd be nice, yeah?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/19 06:39:54 )

Hazel was silent. She didn't pause her cleaning, either.

"If that is what you wish." She stated.

"I can most certainly do that." She added as she continued to scrub the tiled floor.

"I assure you though, I am all right. This really is not a problem."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/19 07:11:40 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ash bit his lip slightly.

"I just want you to not push yourself too much, or keep yourself hurt or uncomfortable." he told her.

"...I'm not Vanessa, I won't ask too much of you." he said further.

"And... I just hope that, at some point... you'll be able to truly break free of what she did to you..." he whispered to himself.

"But... just... please... keep yourself clean, and fed and such."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/19 07:15:52 )

"Of course." was all that Hazel said. It was a confirmation, but it was really noncommittal.

"Please go eat." She then said.

"Or did I do something to make it unediable?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/19 07:36:40 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Not at all." Ash responded.

"I was just going back to eat now." he told her.

To which he did. He went back and started eating... only for it to disappear VERY quickly.

"Wow..." he mumbled.

"She can cook, and cook DAMN well..." he commented.

He was shocked. He didn't think one such as Hazel would HAVE that kind of skill.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/19 07:49:00 )

He wasn't out there for long after he'd finished, before she came and collected the dishes. She returned them to the kitchen, quickly washed them, and put them where they needed to be, to dry. After that was done, and she made sure the kitchen was properly set up again, she made her way out to where he was.

"Feel better?" She asked, referring to having eaten.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/19 08:09:12 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ash looked at her and nodded.

"Yes. I do." he said. Which wasn't a lie. But it... wasn't the truth, either. His stomach felt worlds better, and he'd loved how it tasted, but he was still pondering how to REALLY help her, or if he was even capable of it.

"Also... I've been thinking." he went on.

"This place is really small for just the two of us." he reasoned. "I'm going to see if we can't find a bigger place to live." he told her.

"And you'll need a few more pairs of clothes, just so you're not wearing the same thing constantly."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/19 08:13:26 )

"Oh... I am so sorry. I never once considered the space I'm taking up in your home."hazel said, sounding thoroughly ashamed

"I will stay out on the balcony unless you need me for something" she added. Her words were innocent enough, but her voice told a different story.... One of panic.

She may have been freed of the mana, but she was still used to life being a specific way.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/19 08:29:40 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"What? No! No, no, no!" Ash responded.

"No, please! Don't... don't do that." he told her.

"The balcony is NO place for someone to LIVE. Or stay for extended periods." he told her. "I was just saying that a bigger place will be in our near future." he stated to her.

Internally he was cursing himself, realising he should have KNOWN she'd react like this.

"Hazel, I don't want you staying on the balcony. You deserve a proper place to live. Inside. Where it's warn and more comfortable."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/19 18:34:03 )

Hazel was silent for a moment.

"Is there enough space for us here, though?" She asked after a moment or two.

"Even if moving is something that will happen, does that really help for now?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/19 21:48:54 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"...that IS a fair point..." Ash admitted.

"I'll see if I can't find something sooner, even if it's temporary." he told her.

"And in the meantime, I will NOT have you essentially LIVING out on that balcony." he stressed. "Just no. No, no, no." he reiterated.

"It's not the best situation, but the couch here IS pretty comfy, and it should do for a little bit." he told her. "Or I can just grab something small and rearrange things a bit, so you have a proper bed..." he went on, scratching at his chin.

"Regardless, do not think, for a second, that I want you sleeping on the balcony, or gone, or anything." he insisted.

"Please?" he finished, sighing a little.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/19 23:20:25 )

Hazel just nodded.

"Of course." she said before pausing.

"Surely going out of your way for one such as I is more than you feel necessary. I am perfectly content in a corner, on the floor." she admitted.

"So long as I am not shackled, that is."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/19 23:39:23 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ash was just... stunned. Stunned to the point of a blank expression.

"Ah... I... that..." he stammered.

"I REALLY shouldn't be surprised." he muttered. "Vanessa just... everything and everyone is either a property or a resource." he growled.

"I assure you, you will NEVER be shackled or chained or tied or restrained here." he promised her.

"...and you won't be in the corner, on the floor." he added.

"I'll rearrange some things so there's more room."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/19 23:44:11 )

"Believe me, I will be fine." Hazel told him honestly.

"Please, don't go out of your way for me." She then said.

"Now, is there anything else you wouldlike me to do?" She asked.

"If not, you did avail me to your shower."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/20 00:17:32 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ash nodded in response.

"I did." he said.

"And that is still applicable." he told her.

"Go on and get cleaned up." he then said, as he scanned the room they were in.

Already he was making plans for it. Which was to say, he would take the boxes that were out here and cram them into the corners of his bedroom, and then move things around a bit so Hazel had as much space as possible for this place.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/20 00:30:35 )

Hazel was silent for a moment.

"So... is that a no?" She asked, her voice curious.

"If so, that is all right. I just wish to make sure we are on the same page before I busy myself with something else."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/20 00:49:40 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ash paused again, and realised he would need to carefully pick his words, and be VERY literal with her. For now, anyway.

"You are correct. That is a 'no'. There is nothing else in terms of chores and work that I would like you to do right now." he told her in no uncertain terms, trying to make sure he conveyed his point clearly.

"Do feel free to avail yourself to my shower." he told her further.

"Use the green bottle for shampoo, and the bar of soap is... well, it's a bar of soap for you to use." he chuckled.

"Oh, right." he then said, getting up and making his way to a small closet, opening it up and digging inside, pulling out a pair of towels. "You can use these towels." he finished.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/20 02:03:20 )

Hazel didn't say anything. She accepted the towels with a nod before heading off once he beckoned her too.

She was in there for longer than he would likely expect. It was at about the forty-five minute mark, when he was going to go and knock on the door to see if she was ok in there, when he heard the water stop. Shortly fter, the door opened and Hazel stepped out, no shame to her as he'd requested the clothing to wash it after she spent the day cleaning.

Her hair was barely contained into a loose braid that was wrapped around her head a few times, and he could see the full extent of the black that was covering half her skin.

And all the scars.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.