Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2021 Anniversary Raffle WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/10 18:56:07 )

True. If I mention a three way then I'm probably talking about spaghetti with Cincinnati style chili and shredded cheese, but people from other places may think I'm talking about something else

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/10 18:56:49 )

Unless were talking about a pancake on a stick. Which looks like a corndog but has a sausage dipped in pancake batter instead of a hotdog dipped in corn muffin mix

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/10 18:57:08 )
First time I heard of kolache was actually at a donut shop. xD Fiance got one once and he said it was pretty good.

Starlight, I definitely would have thought of something else lol. What's Cincinnati style chili?

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/10 18:57:59 )

Starlight why would anyone call food a 3 way lmaoooo

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/10 18:58:36 )
I'm trying to figure out the name and why it's called that too lol.

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/10 19:01:54 )

From Wikipedia, since I'm bad at explaining things:
"Cincinnati chili (or Cincinnati-style chili) is a Mediterranean-spiced meat sauce used as a topping for spaghetti or hot dogs ("coneys"); both dishes were developed by Macedonian immigrant restaurateurs in the 1920s." "Ingredients include ground beef, water or stock, tomato paste, spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, clove, cumin, chili powder, bay leaf, and in some home recipes unsweetened dark chocolate in a soupy consistency. The most popular order is a 'three-way', which adds shredded cheddar cheese to the chili-topped spaghetti ('two-way'), while serving it 'four-' or 'five-ways' comes from addition of chopped onions and/or beans. Dishes are often served with oyster crackers and a mild hot sauce. Cincinnati chili is almost never served or eaten by the bowl."

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/10 19:02:29 )
Omg koneko, hip dislocation sound so scary. ;A; I hope that doesn't happen to you either!

I really want to get to the point where I can run again without feeling like I'm dying after short bursts. But I worry about my knees for that.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/10 19:04:03 )
That was an interesting read, Starlight, and thanks for providing the research! I've never been into chili, but I was still curious what makes it Cincinnati style.

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/10 19:05:54 )

As for the "way" thing, I guess it was just to make ordering quicker:
"To make ordering more efficient, the brothers created the "way" system of ordering. The style has since been copied and modified by many other restaurant proprietors, often fellow Greek and Macedonian immigrants who had worked at Empress restaurants before leaving to open their own chili parlors, often following the business model to the point of locating their restaurants adjacent to theaters."

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/10 19:06:29 )

@Starlight: That makes sense, you could never get me to say it tho lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/10 19:10:20 )
koneko, There's a beautiful park way out of the way that I thought about trying to run sometime. Lots of little trails that I'd like to explore. People run on the beaches here all the time, which is terrible for their joints, but somehow they don't realize it. It's just uneven ground, even if the sand is packed when it's wet. Just no.

Starlight, That makes sense. Kinda like how when people order their hash browns at Waffle House, they can get them smothered, covered, etc.

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/10 19:15:07 )

Pizza is probably my biggest comfort food, particularly stuffed crust pizza

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/10 19:15:41 )

And we're just one page away now

★~~Questing~~★

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/10 19:15:44 )

Pizza, is right up there for me too

~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/10 19:17:01 )
For me, I think my comfort food is the Filipino staples: lumpia (spring rolls), pancit (rice noodle stir fry), and adobo (meat cooked in a soy sauce vinegar sauce). I like other Filipino food since it's in my blood, but those are my top 3.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/10 19:24:35 )
I will say that if anyone has the chance to have lumpia, just know that was a labor of love because those things take 5ever to make lol.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/10 19:24:59 )
    I just ate expired yogurt. It tasted gross. PRobably going to die lol.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/10 19:25:44 )
Ohnoes sunny! x-x I hope you don't die!

My skin crawls just thinking of that.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/10 19:26:07 )
    It wasn’t super expired. But enough that it gave it a funny taste….

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/10 19:27:02 )
I know depending on the date, it might not even get you sick. So I hope that's the case for you.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.