Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/2 22:27:29 )
@Colin: Yeah he does. And at the end of the day I think he loves me too much to do anything to really cause a rift between us. I've known him for 20 years now, he used to be this punk kid playing drums for a band called Silverline. Friendship is weird sometimes, man, like I know he'd love to "witness" to me or whatever and see me "turn my life to" his god but he's such a good guy and a great friend and he and I both know if we crossed that line and got into that debate one of us would walk away frustrated and so he won't do that to us, as friends.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/2 22:32:22 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@sorrowthemad: I'm glad he has that. Means he won't forego friendship for religion.

He still sounds like he'd be on the annoying side, though...

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/2 22:46:57 )
@Colin: Once in a while he can be a little obnoxious, he's still a preacher after all lol. Remember how I said he thinks he's a "jesus super soldier?" He basically believes he's some super exorcist or something and is constantly talking about "casting out demons" wherever he goes. He believes he casted out a demon from this angsty teenager that was getting into alternative healing and specifically reiki. Being an angsty teen he threw a fit and broke a few things when his parents basically called him the devil and said that Dean was going to exorcise him. Dean in turn took this to be the "demon" and proceeded to pray for the kid for hours on end. Yeah, he reminded me of that when my mom told him I went to reiki. Lol.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/3 02:12:46 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: ....you are 100% serious with this?

I swear this sounds like a stereotypical holy man/preacher from some shitty horror movie...

Holy crap, that's... sometimes I genuinely wonder about people...

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/3 03:14:44 )

@Kairu: thanks. I was away from Voltra until now.
@Colin: yeah I can see that. But it’s probably about 3 years away.
@dragoness129 you normally have to tag him to get his attention lol. Maybe repost with tag. (Editing a tag in after doesn’t work)
@SorrowTheMad: heck yeah. You should listen to ‘Zetsubo Billy’ and ‘F’ first.
@Vii: I totally feel the same. I guess it’s like the personality is the same but the times change?
My husband and I did one park one day but it was too busy so we left.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/3 03:39:45 )

Wasn't really trying to tag anyone. Was just posting a random comment to whomever reads it, lol.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/3 03:44:47 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Yeah, we still got some time.

Have you finished the Zarude research yet?

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/3 03:47:20 )

@dragoness ok cool. I didn’t want you to feel like you were left out lol

@Colin: I’m on the last part before the encounter. I’m going to collect the exp when I use a lucky egg next which is Tuesday during spotlight hour. I have other research exp to collect then :)
Did you finish it?

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/3 04:08:17 )

Lol, no worries. ^_^

Going to be afk for a bit of tomorrow. Might go see a movie and get either lunch or dinner out. It will be a nice day. ^_^

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/3 05:19:42 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Yup. In a rare case for me, I managed to finish it ON day 1. The Zarude I caught has an appraisal of 98%, too.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/3 14:00:18 )

@dragoness129 nice! Have a good time ^^
@Colin: omg that’s amazing. I heard it’s actually pretty good in PvP. I will let you know on Tuesday lol

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/3 14:50:22 )
@Colin: Lol. Yeah, unfortunately I am. Family friends, I tell you man lol. He's only kinda gotten bad over the past few years, before this he was a floor layer and a drummer, it wasn't until just a few years ago he became a preacher.

@Totalanimefan: I'll give it a try then :)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/3 17:17:54 )

@SorrowTheMad: Yay. I believe they are on all streaming services. I listen to them through Apple Music. 'What's Up People' is another good one by them. ^^N

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/3 20:34:04 )
@Totalanimefan: Definitely gonna have to check them out then. I only know one Japanese metal band (sorta) and that's because their lead singer did a collab on a song with a band I like, Spiritbox. His name's Ryo Kinoshita, and he did a song called Holy Roller with them. Wouldn't recommend it unless you know you like screamo though lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/3 21:17:53 )

@SorrowTheMad: That's cool. I love it when artist collab. I am not into Screamo. ^^; Too much anxious energy when I listen to that lol

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/3 22:22:41 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: All righty then!

@sorrowthemad: Amazing how someone can completely change so suddenly.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/3 22:23:45 )

@Colin: How was your weekend? ^^

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/3 22:56:35 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: A wash. Saturday was nice, but today's been rainy and sticky.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/4 00:00:26 )
@Totalanimefan: To me, that's the point. I can kinda let go of my own anxious, angry energy with screamo when I can relate to it. Holy Roller (this exact collab, actually) is about Jim Jones and the Jonestown Massacre, and I can relate because that's sorta how I feel about most organized religion. It's a cult and ends badly for most people. Sit! Stay! Roll Over! by Jinjer is another great example, people fall into line too easily and obey what they're told without questioning it. I see it but I can't do anything, so all I do is scream along about the injustices. :)

@Colin: Agreed. I love him to death but I don't tell him all that's going on with me. He's kinda judgy and his answer is to pray about it for me. Not much there that can really help me. I paint him in a bad light, he's the most selfless man on the planet and I do love him dearly. But he's human, and he has some flaws, like everyone else.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/4 00:03:50 )

@SorrowTheMad: oh that’s cool.
I do like singing to relive anxieties ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.