Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Community Garden Event Hangout with me here!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/7 20:43:38 )
@koneko: it took me years to get used to the different seasons here, tbh...

@sunny: Extreme in that it's always hot...? It does get semi-freezing here, but it doesn't normally last very long - about a week or two, then back up to 60s for a couple weeks... but that's in January XD We have a specialty license plate here that says something like "land of perpetual summer"

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/7 20:46:05 )
@Totalanimefan:
@sunny:
... and I swear, 50*F is a whole different thing down here than it is most places... it's coooooold! I blame the ever-persistent humidity.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/7 20:47:06 )
    @Wildfire: but don’t you get hurricanes/tornados (idk the difference)???

@Totalanimefan: yeah you’re right, I shouldn’t get so hung up on statistics. I have just been so sleepy lately :O

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/7 20:51:33 )
    lmao 50 is cold??? XD

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/7 20:52:58 )
    weather is so weird :O

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/7 20:53:22 )
@sunny: hurricanes, and some places get tornadoes. The hurricanes are big storms that come from the warmer southern oceans and can make a mess of things, but we have days to prepare and honestly, it's not usually a huge deal. Tornadoes happen sometimes, but tend to be fewer and further between - they are more random, less predictable, and spin off of some of the thunderstorms we have.

@koneko: Yeah... less than it is now (it's really nasty in Florida for July and August - I suggest everyone stay away, unless perhaps you're coming from someplace warmer - like Cuba or the Philippines XD ) but there's something about even cooler temps here that really bite more than you would expect, coming from a northeast coastline perspective...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/7 20:56:13 )
@sunny: Yes, 50*F here can feel colder than you'd expect.
It's weird. Really weird.
When I lived in the northeast US, the persistent gray skies and constant cold would make me miserable, but I would also run around in a tshirt at 50* and be comfortable most of the time. Here, most of the time, 50* has me reaching for ... maybe not a jacket (but sometimes it does!), but a long sleeved shirt to put over the tshirt. And it's not just because I've lived here for so long. It's weird. Really.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/7 20:57:43 )
Oh, it's quite humid out there right now...

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/7 20:59:15 )
@wildfire: My day's been alright, just trying to field as many calls as I can for work without losing my sanity @_@

@totalanimefan: oh yeah, 100%. :( Luckily it got a bit easier once we all got vaccinated, but distance is still a huge and annoying factor.

@koneko: oof, that sucks for your friend. Sorry to hear. :c Yeah, my gf got by relatively unscathed...The sub pump was working, it just couldn't handle such a large influx of water that it couldn't pump fast enough!

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/7 21:00:34 )

Well we did end up going to Walmart. Roommate wanted to get a portable A/C unit but when we got there they were sold out.

On the bright side I was able to get the potting soil and a couple other things I needed.

Wasn't all that cool inside Walmart either tbh.

I don't like summer. XP

Please ping me!

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/7 21:04:10 )
@cooperationiskey: I definitely feel ya there. >< Can't wait for it to be cool again! Sorry they didn't have any portable AC units :(

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/7 21:06:38 )
@Elirona: I can see where that would test your sanity a bit...

@CooperationIsKey: I'm sorry the local store was sold out. I guess you guys didn't try any of the others in the area (there seems to be a walmart every few blocks around here!). At least you got some respite from the heat, even if it wasn't ideal??

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/7 21:07:48 )

@koneko: I think it's great. I hate being cold lol
It was always nice for us to be able to play with our stuff right away lol

@Wildfire: It really is a different beast, but also England is very humid too. I would say as humid as FL. It's just colder there, but it rains all the time and the condensation happens all the windows all the time.

@sunny: Maybe you need more vitamins or iron or something?

@Elirona: Agreed. Vaccines make it possible, but there is still the traveling bit, which is a bit risky still depending on factors.

@CooperationIsKey: Damn Walmart is so cheap they aren't even using enough AC. You should have just walked into the freezer section and opened a door. Act like you are looking for an item lol

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/7 21:10:23 )
@totalanimefan: It's a real pain. When the GF and I travelled to see our boyfriend, I couldn't help but be super anxious with all the people. Most people were wearing masks, but you still see lots of people not wearing them correctly and it's just scary.

@wildfire: Just like, the volume of calls is what irritates me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/7 21:11:56 )
    @Wildfire: if I’m ever in the states (unlikely tbh but if I am) I’ll have to visit Florida. It sounds super interesting!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/7 21:12:35 )
    @Totalanimefan: I didn’t think of that! Maybe I need vitamin D. Maybe I just need a break idk…. :/

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/7 21:17:48 )
    Do you think we will be getting more event items?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/7 21:30:46 )

@sunny: True you might just need a break. You said that you did a lot in Aug, maybe you have burn out?

@Elirona: I'm totally the same. I feel better if everyone is wearing a mask, but also just seeing a lot of people together or big crowds worries me now.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/7 21:31:24 )

I don't know if we will be getting more. I just assumed we were but maybe we aren't? You could ask in the FAQ thread.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/7 21:32:25 )
    @Totalanimefan: probably! I wrote my novel in July and then did some editing in August and a few short stories, so I bet I have burned out :( I just need to take a break and hopefully the inspiration will come back. Thank you <3
    I will ask there!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.