Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I haven't posted for over a year

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/30 20:17:46 )
@DragonicKittens: I feel you on the pricing trouble. I think it's the biggest reason why artists generally like to commission off-site, or use alternative currencies rather than plat or gold.

Voltie — Tenno Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/30 20:50:41 )

@blue: Yeah DX But sadly, most avatar sites do not allow artists to put down their RLC prices in their art shops. I can understand on why considering if the artist wasn't going to give the work, the commissioner wouldn't be able to report their account on the website.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/30 20:56:47 )
    That's true. I think it's generally a 'click this link to see RLC prices' kind of deal so the trade is done offsite but the advertisement is done on the forum. Somehow it seems to be a workaround--at least, from what I've understood by seeing it so frequently.

It's not a dance I'd want to be involved in.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/30 21:51:49 )

@DragonicKittens: I don't play those games, are they popular? ^^
I heard art streams are pretty popular. ^^

Voltie — Tenno Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/30 22:19:11 )

Spoilers since there are two people to reply to.

@blue:
Yeah, but due to how iffy Gaia can be, I don't think I can. I at least linked to my TOS on my shop's rules though. My only rule is that artwork bought with fake money can't be used commercially. ^^;; I'm sure I could get away with it here with linking it offsite, though I don't expect people from avatar sites to pay money for my art work most of the time. ^^;;

@Totalanimefan:
I know Warframe is pretty popular, especially now since Tennocon released some cool things, but the hype usually drops down after a month. I was told by that DE stated that the next quest line will be released by November, but I was expecting it to be released next year. I just want them to take their time with the quest and iron out any major bugs that might pop up.

As for Muse Dash, I can't really say too much. Its more of a single player rhythm game. I find it fun at least and my community seems to like watching me play it.

They can be. :) Plus I really enjoy talking with my friends and community while I do them. I used to do free art streams all the time, but I stopped doing those a while back. DX Been mostly focusing on my commissions and personal work these days.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/30 23:32:00 )

@DragonicKittens: Good for you. You don't have to give away your time and talent for free. You should be paid for your work. :)

Voltie — Tenno Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/30 23:41:55 )

@Totalanimefan: Yee, plus people tend to not read the rules and requirements for the streams too. TwT I ask them to just be active in the chat, and they don't do that. Like, they are active til the point I am drawing their request. I've also had people complain about the work that I did for them for free. (EX: Hair is too long even though I copied the ref or they didn't like the pose.) Its ridiculous on how entitled people can get on free art. :/

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 00:14:18 )

@DragonicKittens: Yikes that's really no good and then I feel like those people always make others look bad, but you were in one that did the work.

Voltie — Tenno Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 00:16:46 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah... DX But you'd think people would at least be grateful when it came to something that was being done for free. I've put rules up that if they want to complain on details they can commission me and I linked my commission info.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 00:18:07 )

@DragonicKittens: Yeah way to be ungrateful.
At least now you are getting paid to do art for people. And I bet they don't complain as much lol

Voltie — Tenno Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 00:44:12 )

@Totalanimefan: Exactly, even if someone makes a mistake on free art of my characters, I don't complain about it. I tell them thank you. I'm super grateful when someone draws my characters, especially if its free. It just tells me that they loved my character a lot.
Lol, they don't, though for my RLC, its mostly just the same two people. :) But I'm ok with that. I enjoy their commissions. <3 The only thing that's going on is that I'm behind on one huge comm from July. I usually keep in constant contact with them, so they know what's going on at least. :) So far, both people have been super understanding when it comes to my times. DX Motivation can be pretty weird, no joke.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 00:51:52 )

@DragonicKittens: Exactly.
Yeah motivation can come and go. I hope you get it back soon ^^

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 00:52:58 )

Also you joined at the right time. It seems like the event is starting.

Voltie — Tenno Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 01:48:57 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah I saw the event thing lol. I'll probably make a bumping post or what not. :) Feel free to chat with me in that <3

Yeah, I hope it comes back soon too. I started to work on a chibi for one of my usual customers, so it helps out.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 01:58:24 )

@DragonicKittens: I would love to chat with you during the event. After Sept 1st though I start school. So I'm going to try and post a lot tonight and tomorrow before school starts.

Maybe you could try just doing an outline? That might help you? I don't have much advice as I'm not an artist.

Voltie — Tenno Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 03:53:12 )

@Totalanimefan: Oh man, good luck with school. :) And I wouldn't blame you for wanting to post a lot.

Well... If you count a base as an outline, then I have one xD The only thing I gotta do is add on the details. :) Luckly the characters I'm doing chibis for him are simple to draw.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 03:59:34 )

@DragonicKittens: Thank you! It's an 100% online college and it's go at your own pace. So if I study a lot I can finish the rest of my degree in one year! I transferred in credits from my AA degree. I'm planning on finishing 5 classes a month about. Maybe a little more in the beginning when it's easier and a little less when they are harder towards the end.
lol I guess that counts.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Tenno Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 14:37:10 )

@Totalanimefan: Oh nice! At least you can do it at your own pace, and one thing is for sure, I wish you luck! <3

Yeah lol, luckily its a super cute base and relatively easy to draw on. :) Its this base to be exact, except the characters I'm drawing all have 2 arms instead of four.
Please ping me to get my attention

Pixel art by me
Click here for my twitter and other things.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 15:23:31 )
    I tried to use bases once, but I end up sort of going off script, so to speak. Reading the comments about ungrateful patrons who receive freebies made my stomach turn a little bit; I know the feeling all too well. It was strange how different price ranges/availability attracted different types of clients and attitudes. I remember one in particular who openly complained that a piece I was commissioned for was--to put it politely--poor in quality and dynamics.

I suppose I had some kind of vindication years later when I happened across a group of artists who said she was an absolute monster and no one wanted to even communicate with her anymore.

Donator — A.I. Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 15:44:45 )
// AI-COM MNRVA : activate MIDNIGHT EXIGENT(aurora knives)

@DragonicKittens: Noice! If it brings you joy and you love doing it, might as well go all-out, right?

Hopefully someday I'll get to stream as well! I've always wanted to do Let's Plays of some older games.
On the other hand though streaming would make me so nervous and give me performance anxiety though lol.

// AI-COM : return // end of line
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.