Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I've missed this place :)

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/9 17:33:24 )
Hey guys! I'm trying to be active again after a long break.

During the initial lockdown, my whole work life switched over to the computer like a lot of other people. My computer used to be reserved for my chill out time, but it turned into working all the time. I thought it would get better when I hit my break, but then all of my trainings were online. Then, I thought it would get better once the year started, but I was hybrid- half online/half in person all at once every single day. It was mentally exhausting.

I couldn't even fathom looking at my computer screen anymore- even for fun things.

I wound up quitting everything I enjoyed- modding on voltra, reading on my phone, interacting on social media, cooking/baking, organizing, and anything more than the bare minimum functions. I made sure everyone else in my family was doing well physically and emotionally and didn't have much left for myself.

I'm just now getting back to the point that I can separate work and fun. My house is clean again. I'm reading again and I can look at my computer again. I've been told I won't be hybrid come August and I feel like I can finally start doing things I enjoy again. :vivi-celebrate:

I hope you guys have handled this past year and a half better than I have.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/9 18:23:34 )

@Mousy: Hey it's nice to see you back! It sounds like you have had a pretty rough year :(

I cleaned my house a bunch on Tuesday but I should clean some stuff again like vacuuming and laundry. A clean house just feels so luxurious!

I had a rough time in 2020 and 2021 but I'm starting to get back used to how things where. I've been going out sometimes since I've been fully vaccinated. And my Mom is even coming down to see me sometime this month.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/9 20:20:48 )
@totalanimefan: I'm glad things are getting back to normal for you! There is just nothing better than a clean house. All of my stress melts when I walk in the door and my house is clean. How long has it been since you and your mom were able to visit?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/9 20:33:30 )

@Mousy: How is normal looking for your area? Were you able to get your vaccine yet?
There is pretty much nothing better than a clean house for sure! It's amazing how much stress there is just by looking at something dirty.
Sept 2020 was the last time. Before that it was Nov 2019.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/12 06:18:19 )
@totalanimefan: We’re pretty much open fully! Masks are optional. I haven’t gotten the vaccine yet because my body will sometimes react oddly to things and I’m sort of just waiting it out and seeing what my employer decides. I stay home most of the time anyway until august that is…

I’m happy that you’ll be able to spend time with your mom!
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/12 16:24:50 )

@Mousy: Ah I see. If you have a doctor you should ask them for their option. One of my neighbors has allergic reactions to things, including sometimes what is in shots. She got the J&J because that's what her doctor recommended, but it could be different for you.
Thanks! Update on that tho, she is too busy with work to come down. Her team is down one person anyway, and then one person on her team needs to go back to her home country for 3 months to help her mom who is sick. :(
I said it's ok though. We can probably see each other during Thanksgiving.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.