Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 16:58:40 )

@Ark: I think that it helps to prevent them. It doesn't take them away.
Maybe try a different exfoliator? The one I use makes my face feel super clean after. ^^ I think you are supposed to feel clean after using them?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 17:08:43 )
I used to struggle with eczema but eating whole food plant-based cleared my skin up. No need for creams, etc. anymore.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 17:46:32 )

@Totalanimefan: I just bought this exfoliator about a week or two ago, and it's supposed to help with hyperpigmentation and other discolorations. I'm gonna see what my results are after finishing it, and if I see no change then I might try something else.

And I didn't mean to say my face doesn't feel clean afterward. Bad wording. ^^; My face feels clean afterward, but I don't feel like exfoliating is enough so I follow up with a quick wash. That's just me being anal.

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 19:48:50 )

@Bunninsula: Wow that's amazing. Have you been adding more plant based fats to your diet? What part of being plant based do you think helped you?

@Ark: Totally cool, and if it works for you that's great. ^^ I hope that it helps with your hyperpigmentation. Oh oh, I see now. XD I was like girl you need a product that works for you lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/22 03:02:20 )
@Totalanimefan: When I first went vegan, I didn't pay much attention to what I ate. I simply swapped out animal products with substitutes and noticed my skin began clearing up right away. Later when I watched What the Health and some of Michael Greger's videos, I cut out oil and processed food, and my eczema went away completely.

I often eat nuts and seeds, which are very fatty, but I notice no ill effects. I know one study that found people experienced inflammation eating butter versus walnuts, and I can believe it. I think fat from unprocessed plants works much differently in the body.
Go Vegan Discord

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/24 00:10:20 )
Drinking water has definitely helped my skin a bunch too.
I usually try and drink 80 fl oz of water a day. My water app tells me I have to drink 108 fl oz a day but I still can't reach that lol.
Feel free to ping me!
Also, you can call me Seni!

Donator — buckaroo Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/24 00:21:45 )

Has anyone tried the brand 'The Ordinary' ?
I absolutely love their stuff, their serums and tinctures are really concentrated,
so you're just getting the stuff you need, no water or fragrance or anything.
And because of that, you only need to use a little bit, so it lasts forever.
Great price point too, since they don't really focus on packaging or marketing.

They are reformulating their salicylic acid serum though,
so it's been unavailable for over a year.
Such a bummer cuz that stuff was my go-to for my acne.
I have really dry and really thick skin, so it actually helps a lot.

I use only use two of their products now, not including the salicylic acid,
and it just makes for the perfect skincare routine for my face.

I do need some good SPF moisturizer recommendations, if anybody has some suggestions.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/27 20:50:13 )

@icedchai: I've used their stuff before and so does my sister. We both like it!
As for a good SPF moisturizer try CeraVe. My sister and mom like that brand. I also recommend using a sunscreen as well as it only lasts for 2 hours and you need more SPF then a moisturizer actually gives. :)

Donator — buckaroo Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/28 18:23:42 )

@totalanimefan: always SPF, that's the mantra!
I layer my SPF products too: sunscreen, moisturizer, even my foundation has a little SPF, and an SPF setting spray.
But for some reason I'm having trouble finding a really good product for a daily moisturizer with SPF that's non-greasy.
I've always like the Hawaiian tropics one, but kind of pricey. I just really like the finish on that one.
I'll definitely try CeraVe, I usually go for Cetaphil but I'll give it a go.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/28 21:57:17 )

@Ava: That sounds great! I heard that the St Ives stuff can tear your skin on a microlevel. I used to use them too years ago but ever since I learned that, I don't use it anymore. ^^;

@icedchai: That's me. I need and always use SPF. ^^ I heard that Cetaphil is good too! I haven't used their products in a long time.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.