Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I am Proud of Myself

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 19:53:44 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

So I am proud of myself for actually opening up about my mental illness and some of my struggles
with mental illness to my dad. It may not seem like a huge step. But for someone who took literal years
just to tell my sister "hey i have depression" it's a big deal.

I struggle on a daily basis with really bad depression, anxiety[social and separation] and recently, ADHD.
I haven't found a lot of coping mechanisms for these other than art.
And it was hard to tell my parent since we already have so much going on with my mother's Declining health
and of course stress of the pandemic.

But brought it up after talking how my relatives like to act as if they are doctor's when my grandma is struggling
with her husband's health.

But it's quite a big deal. I am a very reserved and quiet person.
I don't like to tell people bad news.
But he was very kind and understanding of it. He may not completely understand it yet, as well as my sister or even myself.
But it's nice to not have to hide that I have a lot of struggles of doing just daily tasks like easy chores.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 19:59:56 )
That's wonderful! Both that you found the strength to tell him, and that he took it well! Having support is certainly helpful.
~mule belonging to CooperationIsKey~

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/13 05:02:37 )

Good for you! You should be proud of yourself!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/13 07:26:22 )

:::ʚ♡ɞ:::
@MoodyB: Thats great!! Its so good that he's supportive too.

Journaling has been a nice coping mechanism for me. I actually have two, one I write in when im upset and feeling horrible, and the other I use to counter-act all the bad and try to write good things in it. Admittedly been slacking on the good one though ^^;. Its nice to decorate them too.
Also try a hope box! I bought a plain wooden box from walmart awhile ago and some art supplies! I painted it, decorated it with glitter tape and a bunch of cute stickers, and then I put a bunch of items in it that mean a lot to me! I still need to actually keep putting things in that too ^^;;. But it helps when im feeling down. Motivates me to get moving sometimes, and other times gives me peace of mind.
Theres also an app called #selfcare that I use for my anxiety! It gives my brain something simple to focus on and my hands something to do.
Oh oh oh! and coloring! My boyfriend buys me coloring books sometimes and those are nice. I was hospitalized for awhile due to mine, and thats the like, only thing that I could do in there.
Sorry for all the advice blurbing, hope you can find some way to deal with this. Its really hard and im proud of you for taking this huge step <3! Im always here to vent to!

:::ʚ♡ɞ:::

Please ping me!

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/13 19:20:55 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@milkshake: I can only do digital art for my outlet.
I'm not really a journaling person or to write down my feelings. Just do not like to do that.
So i just draw digitally, and do everything i like within my artwork.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.