Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I am quitting Voltra.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 01:41:03 )
This will be the last post I make on Voltra.

I have quit this community altogether for a couple reasons.

As some of you may know, I was briefly a pixelist for the site - briefly, because I quit soon after I was accepted. I faced racist microaggressions from other staff members in regards to my designs, as well as the fact I was never paid for the work I put in. There was unprofessional behavior involved in my brief time working for Voltra, and overall, the experience was the worst I've had professionally.

Another reason for my quitting is because Voltra Staff have not banned a certain user, despite the fact said user's presence on the site would endanger minors. This user confessed to me in Discord DMs about illegal activity in regards minors - I reported this to Voltra Staff months ago, and said user isn't banned.

I am posting this as a warning to others. I will not see your replies.

Voltra Staff - if you read this, which I'm sure you will - do not contact me about this. I do not care about you or your site at all. Ban me if you want, I literally don't care.
I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 02:54:54 )

I know you said you won't see our replies, but I am sorry if that happened to you.

On the other hand, I tend not to believe things told to me about other people without evidence though, so I can't take what you say at face value of course. There are two sides to every story, and without some sort of proof and/or without hearing from the other parties, it is unfortunately impossible for me to really know what I should do with this information. As someone who has been falsely accused of things by someone else online, I have no intention of witch hunting others. I only believe things about other people that easily if they're told to me by a trusted friend, or maybe if it's something that a lot of people are saying. Well, assuming that all of those people got their information firsthand and aren't just parroting the same questionable source.

I can somewhat relate though if your allegations are indeed true. I was once staff on a Kpop forum, and some of my fellow staff made me want to pull my hair out at times. One time the admin wanted us event staff to double up and make some minigames with another event staff member, and the person I was paired with was awful. She ghosted me for the week leading up to the event, and the admin even tried to ask me if I would do the whole game myself. I of course refused, and I explained to the admin that it was my partner's responsibility to do her half, and if the game was not ready in time due to her incompetence then I would simply inform the users of why the game could not be held at the scheduled time. She did show up at the last minute and hastily did her half, but I really wish she had been more communicative.

And then there was the one who rage quit the team because she didn't get picked as the new team leader. She'd been on the team the longest, and the person who was elected as the team leader had only been added to the team at the same time I was. While we were voting for the team leader she seemed cheerful and didn't show any indication that she cared about being the leader, but as soon as she realized she didn't get picked she threw a hissy fit and started complaining about how she'd been there the longest. She also started insulting the rest of the staff including the admin and me. She'd always been so friendly up until that point, so it was kind of shocking.

There were also (non-event) staff who would talk badly about some users on the site in the staff group chat. I considered screenshotting the messages and showing them to said users, but I thought I should wait until I left the staff to do it. I think I forgot or something though because I didn't do it even after leaving. Really should have though...

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 05:34:54 )

:::ʚ♡ɞ:::
this is incredibly frustrating to read considering these types of people are the kinds that i like to step on and ridicule. big yikes from me.
im learning towards leaving aswell, so i dont blame you. ive heard quite a lot of bs and experienced some stuff from staff members that i found ridiculous??
honestly... i just wish vozzy would look at who hes employing a bit better. I love him. Hes super cool. But ouch on the staff.. I havent felt welcomed here in quite awhile and thats why I am so inactive.
Im REALLY not trying to flame anyone, hence why I havent mentioned names but I probably will still get a warning or ban for even speaking out. That seems to happen here a lot. I dislike the fact that all this drama isnt addressed publicly. Hiding behind the facade that it doesnt happen really doesnt rub me the right way, because once these kinds of posts come out I always see it deleted and swept under the rug. Why wont anyone address this? Its like some weird monarchy. If im going to be part of this website, which i used to ADORE..i would like to know why posts like this continue popping up!!
I loved voltra at first. I really still do.. but its starting to concern me. Especially the fact that there are minors here that seem to be at risk. I was groomed as a child, ill be DAMNED if i let someone else be groomed on the same website that I go onto to feel safe.

:::ʚ♡ɞ:::

Please ping me!

Voltie — he/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 14:35:30 )
⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

im friends with 0v7 and stopped using voltra when he told me about the stuff happening with staff - and when he told me staff didn't listen when he brought up that someone was a groomer really got me, especially when another avatar site banned said user when he told the staff there. as this user was so comfortable telling 0v7 about their inappropriate interactions with minors, I dont doubt there are other users that know as well, and I also don't doubt that multiple staff members know and have kept it under wraps.

⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

Voltie — he/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 14:58:42 )
⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

@Starlight: I think these examples you gave of your own experiences are really downplaying the seriousness of 0v7's allegations. its not just about him being annoyed or frustrated at staff members, its that someone outed themselves as a potential child abuser to him, and he had multiple racist microaggresions said/done to him in interactions with, from what I remember, a white staff member. these are extremely different to the things you say you dealt with in your time as a staff member, and it comes across as being a little out of touch

⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

pm me if u wanna donate 2 my living funds

┋ 𝐕𝐄𝐒𝐒 ┋ 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱 ┋ 𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ┋
questinghangoutgallery

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 16:51:30 )

@vessel: Oh yeah, his allegations are really bad if true! I wasn't saying my experiences were the same; I just wanted to share that I've also known staff members of sites with questionable character~

★~~Questing~~★

Admin — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/14 02:13:21 )
While respecting the OP’s wishes not to be communicated with directly, we also feel the need to respond to this thread and the community as a whole.

My intention is not to downplay or disprove any feelings or experiences the OP is having as that is their truth. It truly concerns and upsets me that a report is coming out now about racial microaggressions towards them and their creative drives and designs. We never want staff to feel attacked or unsafe while they are with us.

As a gay, latinx male, I also have not been free from racism, discrimination, and hatred in general. I’d never want anyone to feel that they are being discriminated against in any way, staff or user.

Behind the scenes, a lot of critiques are given during the creative and development process of items/art. I had not noticed the microaggression when it occurred and was not made aware of it until now. This is a serious issue and would definitely have been addressed had it been brought to my attention.
As for grooming and/or any child predatory behavior, we can revisit the particular case in which the OP refers to. We didn't intend to cause any harm by our final decision. We will continue to allow our moderators, rules, and policies to guide us as we do our best to keep our community safe. We in no way condon this action, but try our best to give each party involved in reports a “fair trial.”
In regards to staff compensation, we’ve always shared stipends and commission rates up front with potential and current staff. I always have and will continue to practice open communication regarding the status of any remaining commissions for projects. Anyone not being compensated for their time and effort is never intentional and can be easily resolved with communication.

Finally, I will apologize to our Volties for the mere thought that I or Voltra staff would be a place of hate and complete disregard to any malice within our community. I started working on this project in 2014, which I had the thrill of a lifetime when we first launched in 2017. My goal was to create an inclusive community that would be a safe space. I will continue to work towards that goal of creating an immersive world with proper moderation and community rules so we can have our safe space.

The OP and any community member is free to contact me with further questions, concerns, and ways we can improve the community and staff.

Contact information:
PM me
Discord: Vozzy#6332
Email: Admin@voltra.us

Thank you

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/15 15:31:09 )

That seems like a very convoluted way of saying child predators are welcome on Voltra... Surely the appropriate thing would have been to block this person immediately and remove them from the site?? I assume 0v7 had evidence? This whole situation is disappointing.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Admin — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/15 18:08:23 )
@sunny: Sorry if my explanation was misleading. Child predators are NOT welcome on Voltra.

We made our best decision at the time of the report. I'm sorry to anyone in our community that feels disappointed based solely upon the context shared by the OP in the first post.

I can only address so much based on my own recollection and respect for the OP based on their involvement and their decision to remove themselves from this discussion.
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.