Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 08:24:33 )

@dragoness129: Oh yay, I guess I joined just in time, didn't I? I look forward to my first event here. :D

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 08:29:04 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@CooperationIsKey: On recolor you can change your name! but it costs like a 1000 karma i think.
Also that avi just gave me a trip to memory lane lol. I wish i saved some of mine but i was on hiatus when it stopped and only figured out when i wanted to go back on :'^)

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 09:42:18 )

@GoblinsAndTea: Oh holy crap you're right! Thank you so much! Yay, I get to keep my old account without keeping the old name.

Aw, that sucks. To be honest, I only have a lot of my old avatars because I started, with Gaia, obsessively saving my avatars over the years. Eventually I compiled them into a timelapse of all of them!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 10:10:01 )
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hey there and welcome! ^^ Let us know if you have any questions!
I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 21:42:19 )

@CooperationIsKey: Yeah the bases, some of the first items and the some of the site banner/backgrounds was her. It took me a long time before I knew that too.
I'll try to find it too since I'm friends with that account.
How are you doing today? I saw that you were talking about events on Voltra. They are really good. The last few events we had daily games to play and the staff have contests in threads in the event forum. Normally the event items are really well done too. Best event items I've ever seen on an avatar site hands down.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/9 00:55:48 )

@KittyBeary: Thanks so much, will do!

@Totalanimefan: I found her old premades, and using some of her provided div names as jumping off points I figured out the rest myself (with a little help from a friend in my web development discord, too, lol). I think my profile looks quite nice so far! Thank you so much for the tip, it helped tremendously.

I'm doing okay, other than the realization that my barely 3-year-old mattress needs replacing. :( To be fair, I do spend most of my time on it (my computer is on it because my desk chair murders my back) but even still, even if you double its average use, that's like maybe the equivalent of 6 years? I've had bed in a bag foam mattresses last better than this thing! So now I'm shopping for a mattress.

I think I found one on Walmart's website that looks pretty good though, so there's that. In the meantime I've rotated the old one (it's one-sided so I can't flip it) and stuck an old flattened pillow under the hole.

Whining aside (lol) I'm super looking forward to my first event. I love that there's contests; in the old days on Roliana and I think on Ernya? I used to enter the contests and it was so much fun.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/9 03:24:41 )

We have had one summer event that started at the beginning of June, and one that started near the end of July, so whenever it starts varies.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/9 04:42:13 )

@CooperationIsKey: awesome. I saw your new profile. You totally made it your own thing. ^^
Oh that’s really awful. Maybe try to use one of those online only mattresses?
I’m thinking the event this summer will be end of July? I feel like the staff needs a break lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/9 14:21:33 )
Welcome to Voltra!!

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/9 23:15:36 )

@dragoness129: Well whenever it happens, I look forward to it, lol!

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, it was fun working out how to change what I wanted to change. I quite like how it looks now!

I looked at those "Purple" mattresses but they're way out of my budget. I found an inner spring mattress on Walmart's website that I think will work okay, though. It's got a 10 year warranty, too, unlike the whole one-year warranty the current one apparently had.

And lol, that's totally understandable. Back to back events would get awfully tiring!

@DrearyThunder: Hello, thank you! :)

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/9 23:32:34 )

@cooperationiskey: Hello there, and welcome to Voltra! 🙂

~ I like cats ~

~ Timezone GMT +1 ~

*°•.•°*~ My Wishlist ~*°•.•°*

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/10 01:37:21 )

Welcome to Voltra! :)

I came here from Gaia and Solia, as well. I haven't used Gaia in years, and after the whole server thing happened with Solia I sort of lost interest. Whenever I pop in on the site it's mostly dead, which is really sad to me. Although I kept to myself and mostly lurked, Solia was my avatar home. But I like Voltra so far! It reminds me of the old Solia, so it feels a little nostalgic to me.

I also had an account on Eryna that I never used, and I was on Sapherna before it closed down (mostly a lurker on there, too).

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/10 03:48:14 )

@CooperationIsKey: oh I see. I guess if it has a 10 year warranty it’s ok to buy. I just wouldn’t want the same thing to happen to you again. They aren’t cheap.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/11 03:43:12 )

@Merynia: Thank you! :)

@Ark: I don't think I was ever very active on Solia, tbh, but I recently found some stuff, like a sig graphic and such, that tells me I did a little and just don't remember it. :viosweat: I always liked their art style. I really don't know what happened with Solia, other than that one day I came back and it was all different. I've never heard of Sapherna, that's one that evidently got past me, lol!

@Totalanimefan: I don't want the same thing to happen again, either! The current mattress is one my dad bought me, and it only had a 1-year warranty, so hopefully the new one lasts better given the better warranty!

Voltie — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/11 14:24:23 )
hey there, welcome to voltra!! i hope you have fun :3
i have also been on several sites including all the ones that you mentioned in the first post, though i'm usually busy and in a different timezone from most people i talk to online so i tend to go inactive a lot. i used to be super avid about seeking out a bunch of these kinds of sites and joining even if i don't talk much, there's just an undeniable allure to this type of forum that i couldn't resist for years lol XD
it feels a bit unfortunate that several sites like syndrone, ernya, unifaction, probably a few more smaller ones like sapherna too...went down around the time i'd joined and warmed up to the communities there, but i am glad voltra is here.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/11 15:13:22 )

@CooperationIsKey: I’ve never even heard of one with that short of a warranty lol. This one should be better then. ^^

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 02:34:29 )

@Aradia:
Oh same, I've been a sucker for avatar sites for years! But I haven't joined any new ones until the last week or so. Adding to my collection, I guess, lol.

And yeah, it really sucks that we've lost so many old sites, but at least we have Voltra now. :)

@Totalanimefan:
Right?? I couldn't believe it when I looked it up, I'd never heard of a warranty that short for a mattress either. @_@;

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/13 05:13:01 )

@CooperationIsKey: When are you getting your new one?

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/13 23:11:57 )

@Totalanimefan: I haven't ordered it yet because I've got to figure out how to dispose of the old one first. I'm going to call the county this week and ask what my best plan of action is.

Please ping me!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/14 18:12:35 )

@CooperationIsKey: Oh I see. I didn't think about that part. I think calling the county and seeing how to dispose of it is a good idea.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.