Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Huh. Well, that was an unexpected result.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/23 01:31:27 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
So, for the past... hell, couple years? I'm not entirely sure. Anyway, I had a doctor's appointment regarding it, finally.

Turns out, the reason for it all is Ocular Migraines which is 100000000000% NOT what I expected to be told.

I know it doesn't really matter to anyone here, but I wanted to just say it somewhere.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/23 01:45:49 )
Migraines are wacky and lots of people have different symptoms. I didn't know that was my problem until a doctor told me. I knew I had headaches often, but I didn't know they were migraines. Everyone always described them as "the worst headache in your life" but they aren't always? Sometimes they're just a mildly frustrating headache that lasts for 4 days.

So do you get the sparkle vision or does everything just get blurry?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/23 02:37:09 )

@Priestess of Pie: I've had a migraine. ONCE in my life.
And I mean a full fledged I literally cannot function, style. It was caused by a fucking cockatiel that was squaking RIGHT IN MY EAR for like forty five minutes while I was trying to watch a movie.
Ohhh that was torture. lol.

Also, sparkley.... that's a thing?
Oh geez. I get that sporadically sometimes, but never connected THAT with anything.

the 'aura' for me is more ... my vision vibrates for a second or two. Which makes inking a pain.

Oh, and you have got to love headaches that won't go away. Like omg.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/23 02:41:49 )
Yeah some people see sparkles or light. Bodies are weird man. Especially when it's your head.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/23 04:02:51 )
My vision just gets blurry when it's migraine time. Also I get very sensitive to light. Going out in the sun during a migraine is THE WORST.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/23 06:40:52 )

@Priestess of Pie: I do get sparkles, just never ... ever... considered it was connected to this. Good to know. XD I'll bring that up with my doc for the followup later~
And oh man, that's basically a recipe where you're asking to just be put out of your misery DX

@Ava: ...... that must have been a special kind of torture.
Also sounds like something that would require hazard pay, lol

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/23 06:47:08 )

@Ava: Oh geez.
That's so fun! DX
I think I got lucky with my bad one. I just went home and went to bed. was out til I had to get up for school the next day. Lol.
So I didn't have to suffer too badly with mine. I can't imagine having to put up with *work* while in that much pain.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/23 09:07:04 )
Oof. Poor thing! I get chronic migraines and it's just torture. I had one just yesterday in fact. I was in bed all day. I wish migraines on no one. I'm not sure what the difference between what I get and an ocular migraine but I wish you luck regardless
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.