Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops Tarot Parlour (PWYW)

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/23 14:43:07 )

@whimsy: How are you, dear? I hope you are doing well! 8D
So did you like my runes? I've sent you a photo in the post earlier. I'm just interested what do you think about them.
Actually, I've also got a staff. I love doing things on my own.

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/23 17:06:12 )

@Edelaen: Hello! I've been having exams- the last one is tomorrow
How have you been? I hope you've been well too!
Your runes are beautiful- I love how each rune is shaped like a tree stump, and I also love the little bag you keep them in!
Making your own magical tools is a wonderful way to infuse them with your energies
I would love to see your staff! I wish I was talented enough to make tools on my own. I can sew poppets, but that's about it.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/23 17:44:23 )

@Whimsy

Oh, I'm so sorry for bothering you, I wish you huge luck with your exam! <3
Oh yes, I'm pretty fine!
Thank you about runes, I wanted to keep them natural asap.
That bag I've made for them was my old dress, thank you! It's simple but has a nice use. 8D
I think I'm getting tattoos really soon, so I'm thinking about developing sketches and ideas.
What about your own magical tools - I'm not a pro at all and you don't have to be one too.
You are just doing what you can and then working with it. It would have it's own charm, I promise.
Love and time make things beautiful.

Voltie — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/25 19:34:31 )
@Whimsy: No question, just curious about what PWYW stands for.

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 06:19:15 )

@Edelaen: You didn't bother me at all, I was on Voltra to take a break hehe. Thank you for your luck, I finished my exams.
It's lovely that you're reusing your own things for magical purposes. Doesn't get more traditionally witchy than that.
That staff looks perfect to me! It looks like a blessing found during a walk in the woods! It looks ancient and mystical. I love.
I don't have many tools. I'm not likely to get any. If I go outside it's just concrete. That's why I have trouble visualising during grounding, and I can't just walk around until I find a tree that'll give me a branch. I'll find alternatives. I can use a crochet hook or a crystal point for a wand, for example.
@CycloneKira: It stands for Pay What You Want! Also your avatar is glamorous. What item are those eyes?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 11:11:01 )

@whimsy: Congrats with your exams!
Thank you very much, it's very pleasant to hear!
You know, your spiritual path or knowledge gaining doesn't have to be step by step by doing this and that.
It's upon you.
You can use things or doesn't use them - your path is only yours and you may listen to the tips how to go further, but you may also improvise with your experience.
My teacher, for an example, had many tools made out of bones and stones, like, he was surrounded by many things literally. But that's his style and purpose to study, you know.
However I've always been concentrated on something more useful or compact + meditation.
Some people use only one tool and that helps them a lot.
Maybe after some time you will come to something specific in your spiritual needs, maybe it's not a time now.
You are very talented seer, dear.
Physical tools doesn't change your inner truth.
Just go on, study if you want, and everything is gonna be niiiiccceee. <3

Voltie — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/27 15:16:17 )
@whimsy: Aha. I see. Also thankies XD And.... *goes off to check Vyc's shop* It's Relaxed Cat Eyes (Coal).
"Leonard Snart":
There are only four rules you have to remember: Make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.

It's not over yet.
There's a lot to look forward to.
Keep going.
You can do this :)

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/1 16:35:41 )

@Edelaen: Wow you had a teacher :O he sounds awesome. And yeah, that's true- different strokes for different folks. I love decks as tools- tarot, oracle, lenormand- and other than that my body is my instrument. I do like lighting candles. And I like writing my intention repetitively while I visualise, like a mantra, and folding and putting a knot around the paper to close the spell.
I don't have a teacher in physical life but I'm very inspired by Tylluan Penry, a witch on YouTube who said that all a witch really needs to cast a spell is her breath. So I'm focusing on developing my body as an instrument so that I can cast spells with things like my breath and my aura.
I think once we realise that every witch walks her own path but also that we do need guidance even on our own unique path, figuring out what we're drawn to and what works for us is a lot of fun.
Edelaen:

Maybe after some time you will come to something specific in your spiritual needs, maybe it's not a time now.
You are very talented seer, dear.
Physical tools doesn't change your inner truth.
Just go on, study if you want, and everything is gonna be niiiiccceee. <3

This is wise advice. Thank you! I should remember that witchcraft is about learning how your inner power works and how to harness it, more than anything external.

@CycloneKira: Ooh, thanks. I should get me some of those eyes.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/1 17:01:10 )

@whimsy: I've been calling him as teacher because he showed me many things and taught me a lot, but he was just a good friend of mine.
So sad we are not in touch for a while.
Yes, that's wise to use your body for magic. I use my mind or breath quite often.
Witches are magic representations themselves, so you can literally follow that path if you are comfortable with it.
Of course the main thing is to follow your own path, but you are figuring out your path by listening to others. Some people are worthy to listen to them for your experience, some are not. It's for you to choose. You learn many things by just comparing them and sorting in your mind. It's you power, your path. You create it and you develop it. <3

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 08:19:21 )

@Edelaen: If you've learned so much from him then he is a teacher, and like you said we can have many and learn from many sources as we walk our path. It's definitely important to use critical thinking on all the material and opinions you come across on witchcraft and realise what makes sense to you.

That is sad. It's always sad to lose touch with a friend. Maybe it could be easy to get back in touch again now, though, since it's the age of social media? Some of my friends, when we get back in touch it's like we've never lost touch, it's that easy. With others there's some initial awkwardness.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 13:14:20 )

@whimsy: He was my internet friend for years, we had never met. That's why I say that he had disappeared. Everything was online, but it felt like he had always been close or next to me. But I'm no longer worried about that. He had given me enough of knowledge to go on. What is really sad - I can't thank him for everything he taught me. Anyways, I'm fine. <3

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/3 05:27:52 )

@Edelaen: Oh, ouch. I know how you feel. I've lost online friends, not teachers but RP partners. The site I used to RP on had an overhaul and we didn't establish any other means of contact through other sites or anything, so I don't think I'll ever find them again.
It's even harder when someone disappears from a site and you don't know why or how or if they'll ever return though. I hope he's doing well, and I'm glad you're okay about it. It sounds like you had a close and enriching relationship, so it's a precious memory, at least.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/3 11:19:03 )

@whimsy: Oh yeah, I feel you too. I had RP partners with who I've also developed close relationships but then they were gone. Like... Whyyy...
Yes, the memory is very precious. I carry it inside of my heart.
Yep, I also hope he is okay. Long time ago, years back, I saw his twitter post that he was getting married, I was so happy he was safe.
But sometimes I just want to talk to him, say hi for once and have a conversation with him. We were fantastic soulmates, I miss him. Eh.
At least I have a good memory about him, that calms me down.
Maybe once, maybe not, I still need to go further.

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 08:22:15 )

@Edelaen: It's painful when that happens. I can't even go back and read the RPs because I feel sad when I do!
I hope you both reconnect at some point. It's a pity to let a friendship like that go.
How have you been? How was your weekend?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 10:55:44 )

@whimsy: Everything is going to be fine, I believe it. Thank you! <3

I've been really nice.
I've been practising my art a lot.
I'd really like to upgrade my skills for one year. My weekend was really fine and calm. I hope your's was nice too, was it? 8D

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 15:27:33 )

@Edelaen: Ooh, do you upload your art anywhere? What mediums do you use?
I did some story writing over the weekend so it was nice, too

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 15:47:08 )

@whimsy: I think I'll use my insta @edelaenart for upload. Currently I have only two of my artworks there, but soon will be more. There is a work I made couple days ago, you may check in insta. I think I'll remake my DA account, because it's dead and only old works are currently there.
What does you write about btw? 8D

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 16:12:12 )

@Edelaen: I just followed you on Insta! I love your art, especially the Odin one.
I write fanfic as well as original fiction. Right now I'm writing K-pop fanfiction. As well as a retelling of Andersen's Snow Queen, which is going to be my final master's thesis; we had an option to do a creative thesis and I decided to do this.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/8 17:54:19 )

@whimsy: OMG thanks! I also followed you, your Insta is so cute! <3
OMG I love fanfic writers. You guys fix a lot of unspoken things! Hooray to you! 8D

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/9 07:39:05 )

@Edelaen: My insta is really random lol, thanks for finding it cute
It's always nice to be appreciated for the work I do, hee!

roleplay search | tarot readings | buying ohms (pm me) | questing: styr

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.