Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat So I'm having my first surgery today

Donator — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/15 11:11:51 )
...and I'm pretty nervous. I have an umbilical hernia from the time I shoved a tiny human out of my belly. The first surgeon I spoke to took MONTHS to schedule me a surgery, I even got reprimanded for calling to check up on that whole process. The office call with him consisted of a poke in the belly, followed by the doc telling me I was fat and trying to sell me a weight loss surgery on top of what I needed. When the time finally came, my insurance changed and they couldn't cover me. We found a new surgeon and the guy actually gave me information about what was going on with my body, the surgery and answered all my questions. They called me later that same day and scheduled me for three days later (Almost a full week before the other place had me scheduled)
I'm completely unprepared emotionally. Its been a rollercoaster of "we can/can't/can fix your body" and I'm already exhausted from having a new baby to care for. Now I have to leave my child with a babysitter (my mum) for the first time, and be gone half the day. I'll have to let my husband take care of her and me because she's too big for me to hold after surgery. My heart is broken about not being able to hold my own child, maybe for weeks... and I'm so afraid of hospitals because my family has a history of bad experiences with the horrible health care system we have. AND I CAN'T EVEN STRESS EAT/DRINK. buh.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/15 15:52:43 )

@glume: I'm so sorry you are coming through this! I wish your surgery goes well!
Looks like you're experincing bunch of problems in your life, I'm so sorry you are having that.
But you shouldn't be worried a lot - the family is with you, they will support you.
Can I ask you in which country are you dealing with with such medicine?
You are strong person for handling so much on your back. You'll get better, problems are not eternal! <3

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/15 16:34:17 )

@Glume: wow that all sounds so overwhelming. Remember that now you have a good doctor that knows what he’s doing and cared about you more than the last guy.
Im sorry to hear that you can’t hold your baby for a little while but you can still grab their hand, or be near them. When you are healed you can go back to holding them.

I’m afraid of surgeries, needles, drs etc. So I can understand how you feel. You can do this.

Donator — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/16 12:16:46 )
@Edelaen: I'm in colorado in the grand ol USofA. Its such a horrible place for health that my mother and father raised me to avoid hospitals with even the most serious injuries because we were poor/working class. Thank goodness my husband forces me to take care of my health, lol, I've learned so much about why I feel so lousy all the time and how to fix it.

@Totalanimefan: When I got home, I cuddled my baby side by side on the couch while my anesthesia wore out.

The surgery went well, I'm in some pain but otherwise I think I'm ok. A little bleeding and a sore throat from having a breathing tube, but I'm alive. Yay?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/16 13:26:59 )

@glume: this sounds like russian medicine, lol. We always try to cure ourselves without going to hospital till the end, because we've got the same problems out here. I understand you very much, take care and be healthy! <3

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/16 16:07:13 )

@Glume: good to hear you are recovering well. <3

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/16 22:00:56 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

I am so sorry you've had to go through this.
I'm hoping your surgery will go smoothly.

I have no idea why those sort of doctors exist if they will not take a patient's concerns seriously
and listen to their concerns
instead of blaming them for some dumb reason or brushing them off.

I understand bad experiences with hospitals and doctors as they told my mom she was fine
and then she had a stroke and then when my sister had vertigo just made the assumption she needed to just drink water and eat
when it was more serious than that.

Donator — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/17 03:27:15 )
@Ava: Thank you!

@MoodyB: I guess the same thing happened to my mom years ago. She had evidence of a stroke but the time frame put her in a place where the doctors just told her she was extremely dehydrated??!? It makes no sense to me how that big of a misdiagnosis could happen. We all deserve better.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/17 04:18:11 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Glume: that sucks.
yeah its been an extremely rough 10 years living without her as she now has to live in a nursing home

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.