Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Hello! Newbie here.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 17:55:54 )

@totalanimefan: Time will show, maybe they will figure out something if they want to make community live again. At least, we have wonderful memories to share. I've met so many valuable people in my life out there, one person changed my life drastically. I would also like Gaia not to be dead and rise and shine once again, but now I've got nothing to say, actually.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 17:58:18 )

@Edelaen: Gaia gave me my love of avatar sites, but it did more than that. It gave me a love of dealing with money, you have to save up when questing, and with vending I learned about taking risks with money and when it's worth it. I made friends, and also nurtured my real life friendships on Gaia when we couldn't meet in person. I learned about scammers and how not to take things at face value all the time. Lots of fun memories but also life skills on Gaia.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 18:09:06 )

@totalanimefan: Sounds like a nice loaf of experience you've gained! I wish us best luck to find such a nice time out here or another place. People doesn't find valuable communities where they can dedicate their life for every day, so I'm glad about our wonderful experiences. <3

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 18:25:02 )

@Edelaen: Same here.
And I know that you are new to Voltra, but it really is a good place here. Small but active. And this community really helped me through 2020 and all that it was. The staff are good, they care and are responsive. On the 15th is Voltra's community discussion. You should join in and listen. https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/11785

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 18:56:24 )

@totalanimefan: Oh, thank you so much for the invitation, but I'll be sleeping by the time this thing will start up! 8D
My time is GMT +3 (9 hour difference between Voltra and my time).

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 19:00:39 )

@Edelaen: Oh yeah that's a bit late for you lol
The next day they normally post the recording and outline of what happened, so you can look at that. ^^

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 19:06:38 )

@totalanimefan: That sounds wonderful, I'll be there to take a look at the record! 8D

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 19:08:17 )

@Edelaen: Awesome. The staff tries to do them monthly but sometimes they are busy.

Also the current orbs are only in the shop until the 25th of this month and then they will be switched out for the new items! Our monthly items are called crates (Like letters on Gaia) and they switch on the 1st of every month.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 19:11:37 )

@totalanimefan: Thank you for letting me know about that! I enjoy pixel art here, so as items - they are gorgeous!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 19:15:22 )

@Edelaen: Me too! Any have you looked at the item museum? It shows all of our past items.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 19:16:24 )

@totalanimefan: Didn't know you guys have that! Do you have a link to check it out please?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 19:17:56 )

@Edelaen: Of course. It's Here

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 19:20:45 )

@totalanimefan: Thank you so much! Checking this out already!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 19:21:48 )

@Edelaen: No problem. And if you like a lot of them write it down or save it some how and then you can make a quest thread. ^^

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 19:24:40 )

@totalanimefan: Thank you so much, that would help me to improve my avi! 8D

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 19:26:35 )

@Edelaen: No problem. ^^ You're welcome

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 20:47:44 )

@nephila: Oh, you responded! Thank you so much, I even sent you a message because I was really interested. Thank you for accepting my request! 8D
I've just checked out your art, and I'd say it looks very interesting! It's so rare to meet alien-themed art that may have interesting vibes and be so inspiring. I also love nuditiy in art, it feels so open-minded and refreshing, nature-loving. Good job!
I would say that my tips aren't kind of magic that may change your mind by one second, but it helps me a lot and I really like to share it with people, because there are so many talented artists around I would like to watch after. The thing is - it depends on your goal how would you like to improve or develop your style. Do you want it to keep grafical, or turn into semi-realism and so on.
But this what really helps to me:
1) References are your best friends, they really help to understand what's going on with your composition.
2) Light theory. This helped me to improve my art cordinally and give a volume to the artwork.
3) Long Practise on special details like arms, legs, anything you are unpleased to deal with.
4) Finding an inspiration from different artists - for me it's the best part. 8D When you are trying to reach the level of your favourite artist and overcome them.
I know this can be obvious for you, but these things really help a lot. I wish you best luck with your fantastic art, rock it up, you hit the right road. Your topic is rare, and that's your zest! <3

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/12 11:12:35 )

@nephila: I really appreacite people who walk and learn by their own and see meanings and purposes without others help.
Because there is no certain perfect path everyone have to follow. I like the way you swing your life, keep it going.
And once more - good luck with your wonderful art! See you around. 8D

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/12 12:51:50 )
Hey there and welcome!! ^^
I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/13 20:19:10 )

@edelaen: Hello, and welcome to Voltra! 🙂

~ I like cats ~

~ Timezone GMT +1 ~

*°•.•°*~ My Wishlist ~*°•.•°*

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.