Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Hi I'm very lost, pls help

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 02:23:31 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeeeeah, I always hated overly sweet things like that. Literally just a lot of sugar in what's supposed to be iced tea >>; I wouldn't mind if there was flavor in it like lemons or something, but nope. Just straight sugar water. > <
Yeah! I want to go to more new places in the city. I found out recently that there's a public art gallery underground somewhere in the city, but I don't remember where it is exactly. I could probably look it up though O:
And oof yeah. I get warm really easily, so if it's like higher than 80 degrees I'd really be sweaty and gross and I hate that T^T

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 02:52:17 )

@Seihou: do you ever make your own tea? (Hot or cold)
Wow that’s really cool. When we can do whatever post COVID I want to go to all the museums in DC. I’ve only been to like two of them. I just moved to DC in August.
That AC life! Lol

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 05:40:47 )

@Totalanimefan: I do! I try to drink more tea, but it's taking a bit to get used to. I would like to grow herbs and plants so I can dry them and make my own tea like that though! O:
Ooooh yeah!! I would love to go to more museums!! :D They're so cool. A bit ago I actually started to look into more Art History stuff on Youtube mainly, and it's so interesting! I think I got a better appreciation for Vincent Van Gogh because of some videos too. T u T Also science museums are really cool too!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 05:44:47 )

@Seihou: that would be cool. I know with mint you don’t even have to dry it. You can pick it off the plant and steep it in hot water. It’s good like that. Apparently that’s popular in the Middle East.
That would be cool! In DC a lot of the museums are free! Which is really awesome. I’m not sure which one I want to go to first.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 05:45:27 )

Oh and I’m drinking tea right now. Ginger, lemongrass, another herbal I can’t remember

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 20:37:35 )
Welcome to Voltra! 8D
Btw I enjoy drinking teas too. Any kind of them, especially naturally made ones. I've got dried lavender and mint, it feels so good after drinking them together in one mix. <3

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 20:51:03 )

@Edelaen: Oh that's a good one! I haven't had that drink since the before times. lol
I see that you are new. Welcome to Voltra. You should make a welcome thread for yourself ^^

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 21:04:17 )
@totalanimefan: Thank you, I will! Just trying to prepare and figure out some things first. <3

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 21:11:59 )

@Edelaen: Ok. Just ping me if you need anything.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 21:26:26 )

@totalanimefan: Thank you so much for your kindness! I feel so warm and welcomed in avatar communities by such people like you!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 21:30:35 )

@Edelaen: Of course. It's always nice to have someone to talk to when you are new. I like your post style. ^^

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 03:28:27 )

@Totalanimefan: Ooooh that sounds cool. I don't think I've ever tried mint tea before either, so that's something I should try O:
And man, I really want to go to a museum now. Specifically the art museum and the natural science museum that's in the city where I live D': Those museums are so nice.
Ooooh that sounds like a good tea. I like hibiscus tea, so luckily we have a lot of that right now. I usually put milk and sugar in my tea that's in teabags, but if it's loose leaf tea it depends.

@Edelaen: Hi there, and thanks! Welcome to the site to you too I'm guessing :'D

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 04:03:58 )

@Seihou: is there one near you that you could go to when it’s safe to do so?

Hibiscus is a good idea. I’ve never had it with milk. Is it good with that? I’m not really a big fan of milk in tea but I know I’m the weird one. It’s very popular across the world.
I like loose leaf tea. It tends to be better quality then tea bags.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 10:46:09 )

@seihou: Oh yay! Thank you, right into the spot! 8D

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 19:53:39 )

@Totalanimefan: The city isn't exactly near me honestly, and even then, I think I'd rather not risk going to the museum right now ^ ^;
Hibiscus tea... Actually, the last few times I tried making hibiscus tea with milk it didn't really work because the milk curdled due to the hibiscus tea being acidic. I didn't realize until I looked it up, but it's really gross when it happens D: Other than milk, hibiscus tea is good with brown sugar O: But I do like chamomile tea with milk and sugar! :D

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 20:35:17 )

@Seihou: Yeah I meant in the after times. You shouldn't go now lol
I see about that tea with milk. I figured it was something like that because hibiscus is so acidic. It's easy for it to be too much I think. Another tea that's good with milk is Oolong tea. I like Oolong by itself but it's very popular with milk.

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/19 23:17:39 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah yeah, makes sense!
And ooooh, I'm not sure if I tried Oolong tea, I should probably try it some time! Actually, I need to try more teas O:

And sorry for the late reply, things have gotten busy and then there wasn't any power here due to the winter storms happening in Texas. We got our power and water back though, but from what I heard there's people who still haven't gotten anything back. This whole thing really sucks ; - ;

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/19 23:25:31 )

@Seihou: I like to say if you don't know about Oolong it's often the tea that they serve at Chinese restaurants. It's kinda like a black tea but not as strong and has more of a roasted tea taste.
It's ok. I heard about Texas, are you doing ok? What did you do without any power?
The whole thing is a complete mess. People are starting to get power back today. On Sunday it's supposed to be above freezing for everyone in the state.

Voltie — (They/She) Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/19 23:48:50 )

@Totalanimefan: I don't really go to a lot of Chinese restaurants, so my best bet is to go to an Asian grocery store and get some there, which shouldn't be too hard. O: I just need to go there at some point, which might take a while. O:

And I'm doing okay now! Basically we're lucky enough to have a grill and my stepdad had friends who had charcoal and stuff. We have lots of candles because my mom likes those, so we were good on light for the most part. It was just the coldness of everything that made things unbearable, and also not being able to know when the power was gonna back on, or any way to charge our devices to find out. At one point even the cellphone tower didn't have power (or at least was giving off a really weak signal). But we were okay I think. A funny thing that happened was I literally had just finished making my blanket fort, because I saw on twitter people suggesting to do that to be warm since you're surrounded by warm stuff, and a minute after I finished, THE LIGHT CAME BACK. I kept my fort up for a while after though because it was nice, but eventually we had dinner and I had to bring the chair I was using over D': But yeah, basically I was very bored, and I slept/stayed awake a lot. I would read some books I had, but then it would be dark and too cold to even think so I would just sleep again. > ~ <

I hope things get better though. Climate change is such a real thing, and this definitely showed how terrible our Texas government is. I always didn't like Greg Abbott, and Ted Cruz made me feel a bit concerned, but now I definitely don't want them in office anymore. Luckily now I can vote them out, but jeez.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/19 23:55:22 )

@Seihou: Yeah an Asian grocery will have it. Also you can find it on the internet too.
Wow that's good that you guys had a grill with something to heat it. I grew up in Fl, and we would have hurricanes that took the power out. I know what it's like to live off the food from the grill for a week.
OF COURSE the power would go back on after your fort. That's just how it works. You should have really made that fort sooner. XD
I probably would have done the same. When it's dark and there isn't a TV or cell phone to keep me awake I just fall asleep. So you probably fell asleep at like 7:30 and woke up at 5:30am?

I hope they do too. Climate Change is too big to ignore. I thought they were slimy before, but now I really think they are. They should be removed from office. I hope you and everyone else votes them out in 2022. There is no way people should forget about what happened this week.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.