Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk dating is hard

Voltie — alien Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/4 12:10:40 )

so anyone who's read some of my posts knows that i am no stranger to dating and drama. but as i've begun to actually date people who live where i do i've found that it's a lot harder than i ever remember it being. one guy wasted my time for over a month, only to tell me we should just be friends because i had literally the smallest amount of attitude i could ever have with him. i even cancelled other dates for him because he was jealous that i was dating other people, despite the fact that he wouldn't commit to me. and then i hung out with this super chill/cute guy last night and as far as i thought, things went great! he hugged me when he left, said we'd have to hang out again, and he even text me this morning!! but now all of a sudden he's gone silent.

what the fuck. what am i doing wrong? how the hell did i ever find someone and date them for 7 years??? how do you date?? and why are people such ghosting assholes???? ugh

how hard is it to tell someone you're not interested? stop ghosting people

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/4 12:15:39 )
I feel the exact same way. Dating for me has become a chore and not even worth my time anymore. It's really sad because I would to be able to connect with someone. But all guys I talk to are trash apparently.

Voltie — alien Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/4 13:28:10 )

@Taemins Lover:
Ugh. I'm sorry you're dealing with this too. I would even be open to dating a female, since I'm bisexual, but it seems like all the girls are straight or poly, which I am not. :c

Please @ me to get my attention. C:

Voltie — Burnt Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/4 18:47:22 )
Well it is hard but you'll find someone. It is just getting to know someone really so it takes a while. Amd depends on where the other is at in life like are they mature and want to try or just keep skipping around

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/4 19:08:16 )
@GaySpaceTrash:

I think my problem is that in your early 20s guys aren't ready to like be in a relationship and all that. But also I'm not a very sexual person so when sex isn't something I'm willing to give they completely lose interest xD

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/4 19:35:38 )

@GaySpaceTrash: Can I first of all suggest a different size font? I thought there were just lines, until I quoted you...
But yes, dating is hard, simply because love is hard.

Voltie — Kitty Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/4 21:00:09 )
I think the big issue is that everyone just wants to hook up and no one really wants to have just a relationship.
Also a lot of people fail to communicate, and that's just unhealthy in general.
Don't worry about someone going silent either, could be a lot of reasons why so give it a couple days before you give up on that one.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/5 04:14:22 )
honestly, dating is one of the hardest parts of life, it takes time to find the right person, but you'll find someone, i did, i was like you when i was younger, couldn't find anyone to stay with, just small hock ups and one nighters... but now i'm engaged to a wonderful man i've known for almost 12 years, it DOES happen, if you stop looking it'll find you <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.