Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Newly painted rooms!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 04:27:48 )

I got my office and bedroom painted today! I ended up going with a fun green for the office and a pale yellow for the bedroom. Here’s a link to the photos.
https://twitter.com/hannahfoll/status/1355355950736146435?s=21

Kinda loving the yellow in the bedroom way more than I should.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 07:45:32 )

They look great, love the colours! 😍

~ I like cats ~

~ Timezone GMT +1 ~

*°•.•°*~ My Wishlist ~*°•.•°*

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 13:50:44 )
yayyy yellow is a happy color
good choice for your bedroom

e
and after love and loss and all the tears that I cried, I find that here we are in the future

Voltie — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 18:04:41 )
There's something foul about the air here...

Aww those are cute colors.

I still have no idea what my room should be painting but I guess it doesn't matter anymore since it'll be my sister's in a few months when I move out :P
But I might steal that shade of green for the new place if I'm allowed to paint the walls

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 23:49:46 )

@Nephila: thanks <3
@Ava: same! It’s just so prefect! I love the yellow.
@Merynia: thanks <3
@eleven: thanks. I think so too.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 23:50:19 )

@grost: it’s hard to decide on colors. If you want the name for the green it’s Relish by Sherwin Willams.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 23:58:46 )
Nice comfortable color choices for both rooms! Way to go! :3 I hope you enjoy them

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/31 00:12:07 )

Both colors look great.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/31 00:32:36 )

@Wildfire: thanks <3
@vengeance: thanks ^^

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/31 01:10:49 )

The yellow room looks really nice. The sea foam isn't my cup of tea, but it looks nice as well.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/31 17:30:38 )

@PrincessStarr: Thank you. I'm loving the yellow a lot.
In real life it's less sea form and more like just a little lighter than your sweater your avatar is wearing. You know how it's impossible to get the colors just right in a photo. ^^;
But I also I know the green isn't for everyone. I told me husband I don't know about using this green, but I did like it but my husband just loves it for his office and it's growing on me

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/31 21:13:55 )

@Totalanimefan: Well all that matters is that everyone is happy with how the rooms turned out.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/31 21:37:09 )

@PrincessStarr: ^^ thanks 😊

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/7 19:09:14 )
I like both of these color tones! They match the floor real well :D

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/7 20:47:43 )

@Vynndoria: Thank you! I was worried about if they would match or not. ^^

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/12 11:56:08 )

@totalanimefan: Painted walls enjoyer here. Good job on yours! It looks fantastic!
I prefer painted walls over having wallpapers. Feels more beautiful, practical and easier to decorate room after.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/12 17:11:26 )

@Edelaen: Aw thank you. I really like them too. The yellow is just perfect for the bedroom. It was exactly the color I had in my mind but I didn't know what it was called at the paint store. My mom knew the name since she works on houses.
I'm hanging out in the green room now since it's the office/2nd bedroom. I'm normally in here during the day even though I'm not working at the moment. My husband works from home.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/12 17:26:25 )

@totalanimefan: It's very nice green indeed! I hope you are enjoying your new atmosphere!
Couple of years ago me and my husband also painted the room, but the color was surprising. We wanted our room to be in cherry color, but because we didn't have any experience in painting walls, after the painting process start I've figured out that I had purchased really small dose of paint color pigments. So by the final result we got the room with a shade of strawberry cake. Like, you know, warm medium pink tone. Pretty close to geraldine color. Not what we've expected, but it still looks good lol!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/12 17:44:18 )

@Edelaen: I think that sounds really pretty. I thought about going a light pink in the house but decided on yellow instead. It's nice that you guys painted together. It was probably a good bonding experience.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/12 17:52:42 )

@totalanimefan: Thank you! Yes, it's a luck that color turned out really good. We do everything together, you know, two heads are better than one haha!
I really like yellow color with warm undertones. Like sunny, honey yellows. With calm orange undertones. Yellow color in the room feels wonderful, especially if you have windows heading towards North or South, where sun doesn't hit your room or house it all. The color gives more light to the room. That's what I've heard at least, but it sounds logical.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.