Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities Testing a Tablet [Temp Free Avatar Art]

Donator — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/2 16:04:52 )

Hello there!

I recently bought my first drawing tablet with a screen. I hadn't been drawing much in general before that, but I tried out my boyfriend's tablet and loved the feel and responsiveness of it, so I got my own. Now I need to practice and one of my favorite ways to do that is to draw folks' avatars.

I will be picking and choosing from the avatars that people post and inspire me (not first-come, first-serve). I don't currently have a set style, so the art pieces may vary a bit. They may be chibis or cartoons, busts or full-body, lineart or colored. I don't know yet and will go with how your avatar inspires me.

So if you would like a chance at some free random art, feel free to post and share your avatars here. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thank you and have a great day!

Totalanimefan:

KDA Drew:

Blixie:

Irl me Self portrait:

A Trex eating ice cream because why not:

Donator — She Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/2 17:55:49 )
@selikait: hey there I just popped in to be nosey I love looking at everyone's art.. I also love that little bee looking type character you have done .. adorable ^.^

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/2 18:09:49 )

@Selikait: Loving your avatar. If you wanted to draw something, I have this avatar. No pressure though.

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/2 22:36:26 )
I’d love to see my current drawn too~ o:

Donator — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/2 22:53:25 )

@LilMissKushy: Thank you so much! I love her too. She was one of my previous avatars and will possibly become an OC of mine.

Donator — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/2 22:56:09 )

@Totalanimefan: I love that avatar. I was going to try out a new style, but couldn't get it to work. Started with my usual and came out with this fun portrait idea. I have it sketched out now, but still want to do the lineart and some coloring. Hope you like it!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/2 23:10:37 )

@Selikait: Wow it's so awesome! ^^ I'm honored that I was chosen XD

Donator — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/2 23:11:20 )

@KDA Drew: I saved your previous avatar (super cute) and I love your current avatar even more! I have ideas for both now and will see what I can do.

@Kent: Your avatar is so cool. I'll see if I can come up with something for you.

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/2 23:32:51 )
Thank you!

Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

Donator — She Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/2 23:58:04 )
@selikait: I hope to see more of her she's adorable .. I like your style ur very talented ^.^

Donator — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/5 05:20:02 )

@Totalanimefan: A little progress update for you

Donator — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/5 08:41:52 )
Ooo what kind of tablet did you get? I bought a screen tablet over the summer but my computer doesn't support it so...time to upgrade the computer lol.

Donator — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/5 14:06:00 )

@Ouja Akuma: I bought the XP-Pen Artist Pro 15.6. Luckily it was a little on sale when I bought it too, so it was in the mid $300s. Still pricey and an investment, but way less than the other tablets I saw. I went through a lot of reviews lol.

What tablet did you get? My laptop can handle mine okay, but is having trouble with a lot of other things so I have to upgrade soon too.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/5 19:42:15 )

@Selikait: Wow it's awesome!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/6 04:42:05 )
@Selikait: I got the Huion Kamvas 13. It was amazing while it worked but my computer, which runs Win 7, kept cancelling out the driver so I had to install it about twice a day. It also wouldn't register as a second screen so it became my ONLY screen. I later learned through the internet that the company kinda lied, the 13 does not run on Win 7 lol. Just Win 10 because the 13 is new. I was like "maaan" so I tucked it into my closet. I found a laptop I'd like to get but I just have to make sure it can run my art programs first. Technology is hard lmao

Donator — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/6 17:09:26 )

@Ouja Akuma: Technology really is lol. I'm sorry about the misleading information from the manufacturer. That's a bit messed up. I'm glad you found a replacement computer and I hope it runs your programs well. What art program(s) do you use?

Donator — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/7 08:04:45 )
@Selikait: It was a huge bummer. I thought about returning it but I exceeded the 30 days so...I'm just gonna upgrade the computer instead. Have to anyway so.../shrug
I use Manga Studio 8 and Photoshop CS6. Tho with Windows 10, I must say goodbye to my beloved PS T_T I refuse to use a subscription service that I cant download and use offline.

Donator — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/8 20:25:07 )

@Ouja Akuma: I haven't used either of those programs, but I heard about the subscription aspect of the PS and was really surprised by it. I bought Clip Studio Paint on sale around Thanksgiving. I like it a lot so far. I think they have a more manga/comic and animation focused program too. I wonder if it's similar to Manga Studio.

Donator — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/9 05:10:02 )
@Selikait: Clip Studio and Manga Studio are nearly the same programs, just named differently for some reason but owned by the same company. So you technically know MS lmaooo.
Adobe doing online services sucks so I have to find other programs. Paying monthly for something is awful, because after awhile, you've paid the full price of the program if you could still download it so Adobe is just making people pay more essentially :/ I'm lowkey disloyal to Adobe now, especially with the death of flash.
Comic | Cosplay

Donator — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/9 16:17:36 )

@Ouja Akuma: Oh that's good to know. I've only looked briefly at the comic layout and speech bubble tools in CSP. Creating a comic is a future goal of mine so I hope those come in handy.
My partner talks a bit about buying something one time, even the lifetime ones, because it will be less expensive than subscription services. I try to when I can, but I really need to go through my subscription services right now and try to find alternatives.
I never got into Adobe, but the subscription cost and loss of flash seem like pretty big cons compared to other programs.
What are you most looking forward to drawing when you get your new computer?
Feel free to ping me. I'm forgetful.
Temp Free Avatar Art
Trading and Selling Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.