Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Mtn Dew Zero Sugar vs Diet Mtn Dew

Voltie — YTP Mule Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 12:35:41 )

Living as a diabetic, I had to drink zero sugar, for liquid sugars get
into my system faster and are more damaging to my body.
So I ended up drinking Diet Mtn Dew and Diet Coke as my carbonated beverages.
And just a few weeks ago, I find that Diet Mtn Dew HAS SUGAR in it still!!
I mean... it's not hard to believe and not even really a huge shocker...
Mtn Dew has the most sugar in all the carbonated beverages. But being
diabetic, means it isn't wise to drink the Diet Mtn Dew. So I stopped drinking it.
Then I found this new to me drink. Mtn Dew Zero Sugar? Low and behold,
there's no labeled sugar in it..... So I buy one and taste it. It is my #1 favorite drink!!
I will say though it has caused me to also take in too much caffeine....
I don't purposely consume caffeine and prefer to not really take in any. So if I go a day
or two without a Mtn Dew Zero, I get a headache. To fix this though, I consume
a heck ton of water. I still don't quite drink as much as I should, but a gallon or so
is better than none and a headache.

Lemme know your opinion!

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 18:04:21 )
i really dislike the taste of mountain dew. regular, diet, anything. I can't drink it.

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/30 01:10:29 )

I'm lucky not to be diabetic; I can't stand the taste of most sugar-free things that are sweetened with "something else".. plus they give me a stomach ache. That said, I still buy sugar-free energy drinks sometimes because I need the boost but don't need the ridiculous amount of sugar they normally have. I'm kinda in love with Bang, even though it's not the best-tasting drink out there.

As far as Mountain Dew goes, I don't even remember the last time I had one. I always liked the taste, but I've never been really big into sodas in the first place, and since cutting out (or at least severely cutting back on; I'm not gonna pretend I never give in) high fructose corn syrup and artificial colors, I don't really buy them any more. When I do want soda, I'm more of a cola person--and it's much easier to find in a naturally colored/flavored form than dew.

...but now you got me kinda wanting it and wondering if it's as good as i remember.

ALWAYS PING ME

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.