Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Big snowstorm hitting the Northeastern US Wednesday!

Voltie — Dude/bro Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 03:08:18 )
In my state it snows A LOT. The warm months last not long enough and winter seems to drag on for months longer than it should. I hate it. Luckily this winter is pretty mild so far but a while ago there was a polar vortex that was absolutely terrible. I hate shoveling and I have cold intolerance, worst stuff.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 04:05:20 )
@Totalanimefan: yeah. I know it is. It is like 30 degrees tonight though and freezing cold. Hope it doesn't rain because then we will get snow. Fun fun.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 19:44:27 )

@Wildfire: Yeah the overcast part is not for me. I am solar powered and would much rather see the sun.
@dragoness129: Nice! That's awesome.
@Evilcupcakecat: I have a pretty bad cold intolerance too. I try to make up for it by having more layers.
@Ariella74: Isn't snow better than cold rain?
@Ava: Why did you have to shovel so often?

Voltie — Dude/bro Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/19 02:29:21 )
My family never had enough for a snowblower or even a dishwasher. I have gotten to use a dishwasher twice in my life and I miss it.

Voltie — Dude/bro Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/19 02:45:51 )
In one of the houses my family lived in for a bit we had a sweet older man as a neighbor and occasionally he would help us out by using his snowblower on our driveway. I felt really sorry for him and guilty but I could do anything cuz I was a kid at the time.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/19 05:51:35 )

@Ava: wow that really sucks. I grew up in Florida so I never had to do that.
@Evilcupcakecat: having no dishwasher sucks. I didn’t have one for 6 years growing up. I have one now (I’m an adult not like 7 lol). I don’t know if I could go back to no dish washer.

Voltie — Dude/bro Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/19 06:02:45 )
The house that I live in has a dishwasher but the people here don't really like me so I don't want to bother them by asking how to use it. Plus I only have a few dishes so it wouldn't really be worth it. I hope eventually i'll be able to move out and get a place with a dishwasher all to myself or like, with a roommate.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/21 23:10:27 )

@Evilcupcakecat: They aren't that hard to use, but you do have to remember to put dishwasher tablets in it. NOT DISH SOAP!! Just fyi. I made that mistake once.

@Ava: Yeah I'm sure this winter feels really weird. SoCal is still pretty warm during the winter. It's kinda normal for me since I'm from FL (SoCal and FL winters are different but still no snow). Maybe next year you can go back during the winter. It will probably feel colder than you remembered because you will get used to the heat. lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 01:44:05 )
I live in NC and all we got was rain >:(
I want snow so bad. I absolutely love the snow and how it looks to how it sounds....Plus seeing all my doggies run in the snow is so fun.
Please send me snow.

Voltie — Dude/bro Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 05:18:27 )
I know they aren't hard to use but at the same time the one that I did use smelled really weird and like the tablets that we had to buy for it weren't very readily available at all.

@Ouja Akuma:
Can you please take all the snow from my state? I hate it. I have to deal with it every year, and it keeps getting worse.

Donator — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 05:56:50 )
@Evilcupcakecat: Yo I'll take all the snow. I grew up in CT so I miss snow days so much. I miss it.
I'll even pay for shipping

Voltie — Dude/bro Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 06:24:55 )
@Ouja Akuma: As much as I don't understand why you would want snow I would gladly let you take it all.
I hate it so much, 20 years straight of having to deal with snow storms, obscenely long winters and shoveling.
I don't understand why people obsess over the idea of a white christmas. When I'm just here like "the snow serves no purpose other than to cause me misery."

Donator — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 07:09:45 )
@Evilcupcakecat: I don't like driving it at all, partly due to my state not having the proper equipment to take care of the roads. But for me, personally, it's the sights and sound. I live in the woods so it's a very beautiful sight, and the fact that snow absorbs sound is so peaceful. Then my dogs play in it and get flakes all over their fluffy fur. I could go on. But I understand why people don't like it. I overall hate winter due to my sensitivity to the cold, but I always welcome snow for the memories.
Comic | Cosplay

Voltie — Dude/bro Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 07:11:51 )
@Ouja Akuma: That makes sense I guess, if you can bundle up warm enough and you have a shoveled path it is kind of pretty just to see the sunlight reflecting off of it, and I guess it must be fun to watch dogs playing in it, although I don't have any dogs I'm more of a cat person.
Male/20/gay/sad. :(
I usually only check this site like once or twice a day so it might take me a bit to respond.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.