Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/ Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 04:27:45 )
It does suck. Part of the stress was having to figure out a way to work last minute if your ride calls out.
Yeah, I feel like no amount of money can really make being super stressed worth it. I make about half of what I was making but it's a lot more relaxed at my job. And I'm doing something I enjoy.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 06:02:01 )

Doing something you enjoy does make work so much better. I've had a lot of customer service type jobs. While I am very good at it, I do not like that work.

Heading to bed. Hope you have a good night! ^_^

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 13:27:02 )
@Totalanimefan: hmm yeah my parents didn't mention how much it was, but mom sent me a picture too to tell me about the first snow storm

it did look pretty deep in the picture

e
art shop
isn't that lovely, isn't that cool and isn't that cruel

Donator — She/ Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 13:51:44 )
@dragoness129: Customer service jobs are not something I enjoy much myself. I think the only one I liked was my first job and that's probably because it was my first job. Oddly enough, it wasn't the customers who ruined it for me but management and other employees.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 16:10:42 )

@Liztress: your avatar makes me smile! How are you doing today?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 16:11:14 )

@eyry: I love your avatar!!

Donator — She/ Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 17:15:52 )
@sunny: I'm doing pretty good. How are you today? And thank you. I really like the dino onesie. If only I had one in real life, lol.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 17:54:02 )

@Liztress: me too haha! I am doing OK thanks, just finished a smoothie.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/ Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 18:03:40 )
@sunny: A smoothie sounds so good right now.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 18:12:43 )
-rolls through again-
Hello everyone. :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/ Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 18:16:39 )
Hello! How's it going?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 19:40:50 )

@Ava: Yeah it must be really tough for you now. I hope you get a break soon!
@sunny: Thanks. It's still pretty cold today. Only 2C right now when the weather forecast thought that it was going to be more like 6C. That's a big difference to me lol
@Liztress: I hope it will be too, but I think 2021 will get better. Nice! I'll send you some stuff since you are new.

Donator — She/ Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 19:48:38 )
@Totalanimefan: Thank you for the items. And I'm staying positive and think that 2021 will be a better year.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 20:08:03 )

@eyry: I think it's weird that we got a storm like that in Dec. Seems more like a Jan kind of storm.

@Liztress: It's no problem <3 I didn't know what you had so I hope I didn't give you doubles.

Donator — She/ Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 20:10:23 )
@Totalanimefan: I don't think I had any of those. I'll put them to good use. Thank you again.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 20:14:53 )

I'm stressing right now.

So last week I was starting a data entry job, emailing a client back and forth, organizing files and also starting the Data entry process in excel
But then the data that I was given was scanned papers and they were barely readable. I tried my best but then I asked for a better quality scan and I told the client how to do that over email.
Afterwards he said forget about it the quality was that bad in real life. It wasn't because of the scan.

So I billed him for the 2 hours or so of work that I did and that was that.

Now today I got an email from him saying why was I billed for these 2 hours when I don't have a finished excel sheet and we decided not to move forward.

I'm stressing over it. Like I deserve to be paid for my time worked and it was only 2 hours but like what the hell dude. I'm just worried that he is going to say that the emails don't count and I should only be paid for the excel file (because it was like 8 lines and then I had to stop because I couldn't read the document). What the heck dude. You were emailing me, is my time free?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 20:15:15 )

@Liztress: Yay great ^^ I also send some volts if you need more commons.

Donator — She/ Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 20:32:15 )
@Totalanimefan: Thank you again. Can never have too many volts. Or commons, haha.

Also, I never understood how some folks can think that any and all work done prior to the decision to not move ahead is not billable. Regardless of the outcome, you put the work in. The guy knows this. Was this one of those hourly jobs or a fixed rate? If it's hourly, he definitely should pay up and stop being a butt. I can understand how stressful this is.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 20:40:27 )

@Liztress: Yeah totally! And you don't have to spend those volts on commons, you can use them in the exchange if you want. I just know commons are good when your account is new.

Yeah I know! And I know I'm in the right here too. Plus it was hourly. Does he really think that emailing me back and forth and getting things set up doesn't cost anything? I'm not working for free bro.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/ Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 20:47:53 )
@Totalanimefan: Well, commons are also a major staple for any good outfit too.

Some people are like that because they seem to think that if they're not doing any work on their end, then surely you haven't done anything to warrant getting paid. Which is a lame way to be. Hopefully he doesn't give you any trouble and just pays you for those hours worked.
My Questing Corner

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.