Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Let's talk about salad n stuff

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/10 10:51:42 )
I like spring salad. What I usually eat is spinach leaves with feta cheese, green apples, walnuts and raspberry vinegaret. Sometimes i change out the apples with strawberries. I recently came across some salad recipes using raw beets and another using pumpkin seeds. I bought some beets and pumpkin seeds and the hippie food store in town so I might try them. Going there was a trip in itself. I have NEVER seen so many isles filled with essential oils and meat alternatives in my life. Honestly I don't know how faithful vegans do it. Everything there was really expensive. I also discovered this thing called frog jam, which by the way isn't made from frogs. Frog stands for Fig, Raspberry, Orange, and Ginger. I've never had it however despite being curious I didn't get it. Have you ever had frog jam? Do you have and salad recipes you like?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/10 16:05:29 )

I never understood how people could eat fruit in a salad. Isn't it too sweet and sugary? I like salad, but I never put fruit in. Maybe I need to try it.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/10 18:28:15 )

ooooh I also really like salads! recently, I've been doing spinach or spring mix with dried cranberries, feta cheese, tomatoes (either Roma or cherry/grape), and maybe green pepper! I top it off with a vinaigrette usually or Italian salad dressing

salads can be pretty cheap, especially if you stay away from the expensive shops like the one you mentioned lol
    TIP: if you have issues using your ingredients often enough that they don't go bad (like me) buy a Tupperware container you really love and you'll want to make salad to bring to work or wherever all the time!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/10 18:29:50 )

@sunny: it adds a bit a sweet that's not overly sweet, depending on the fruit
    if you're worried about the amount of sweetness it adds, use a more tart fruit like green apple like vampire mentioned!
    it really just adds another layer of flavor while adding another of the recommended daily intakes

@ me tho. | Hangout. | OCs. | Avatars.
looking to buy: ARIES

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/10 18:43:43 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

Romaine! Especially the hearts
Cucumbers, olives
And then either a basalmic vinaigrette or homemade salad dressing

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/10 19:58:25 )

One tip I have is to put a dry paper towel in with the container that you were using to store the lettuce/greens. It will last way longer.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/10 21:18:52 )

@Deaa: thanks for the explanation, it's definitely on my to-try list for sure!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/10 22:07:20 )
@Totalanimefan: omg thats such a great idea !! thank u for sharing im going 2 do that with my freshly-bought salad greens :3
- [ miss sunny ]

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/11 16:01:10 )

@vitreus: it’s made a big difference since I started doing that.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.