Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Bonds/Friendship

Donator — Him, He Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 02:31:37 )
I ask this question a lot and so here I am asking it here. What do you consider a friend? What makes a bond a real and actual tie, in your experience?

Voltie — Princess Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 02:35:21 )

I start considering them friends when the other person puts the same amount of time and effort that I do into the relationship. Sometimes even then its hard to keep it up, you need a constant shared activity to keep it going.

Always ping me please.

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 22:33:26 )

"Friend" is a strong word for me. For one, I don't really consider someone my friend until we talk on a frequent and mutual basis. If I'm the only one ever making the effort to communicate, I'll eventually just drop the person. If we don't have enough to talk about to keep things from getting dull every time we interact, or the other person doesn't show interest in talking outside of brief exchanges when we happen to cross paths, then they're just an acquaintance. I can be on good terms with people and not consider them part of my friend circle.

My friends are the ones who seek to actually stay in touch outside of the context in which we met. We exchange contact info, talk about more than just one subject, are at least somewhat comfortable enough to discuss serious or personal things and open up to each other (of course the degree of this will vary). We have things in common, share things we think the other would be interested in, and care about each other beyond meaningless things like memes and small talk. That's the bare minimum for me.

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/22 06:23:03 )
I have a lot of close friends/best friends, but I generally consider anyone I'm amicable with to be a friend. Co-workers of past or present are friends in that sense, and so are many classmates of past and present, too. I'd do something nice for them given the chance but not if it cost me too much. Close friends, I'd give a kidney for, y'know. Best friends are generally synonymous with close friends just because my inner circle is so tight with me and also with each other, and we'd all do just about anything for each other.
returned 6/7

Donator — Him, He Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 17:08:45 )
Thank you very much for the in-depth description. Quite the friendly bean, ey?

Voltie — he/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/1 02:13:17 )
⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

i consider a friend someone who i can trust to have my back and someone who will call me in when i fuck up
also they typically have to be a commie and be an activist of some sort

⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

pm me if u wanna donate 2 my living funds

┋ 𝐕𝐄𝐒𝐒 ┋ 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱 ┋ 𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ┋
questinghangoutgallery

Donator — Him, He Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 14:03:39 )
Thank you.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.