Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I don't have time for fatigue D<

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/17 19:54:57 )

My job was giving out free hot dogs to the employees on saturday
and y'know... Target cafe's hot dog quality ain't the greatest. I had one once before, last year, and I remember telling myself "never again, that was too awful"

But I was so hungry, I had the shakes, and it was free food so I got one.
It even looked ill, it had red speckles on it and shit. But I ate it anyways. It made me stop shaking and despite it tasting shit like usual, I felt my energy come back for the next few hours at least.
Then surprise, surprise, I got sick several hours later. Every food poisoning symptom lol
I got through the worst of it, like once I got the food out of my system I just had dehydration and acid reflux kicking my butt. My job let me delay my schedule the next day since I still wanted to work (aka get paid, I have hour cuts coming up soon)

But now, today I'm so fatigued, I can hardly climb my stairs D': I already slept for like, 12 hours and can barely stay awake.
I don't have time to be sickkkkk I have so much to do before graduation still!

nb4: no, its not covid! my friend also got sick since he ate a hot dog from the same batch that day too. symptoms are not covid

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/17 19:59:22 )

I also like, cold turkey cut out caffeine so that might be where a lot of this fatigue is from.
aha
I may.. have been relying on an overdose of that lately. Figured my body would heal more efficiently if I took a break tho :vanora_cry:

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/17 20:05:21 )
i hope u feel better soon D: tht hot dog mustve cursed u in the process o n o
- [ miss sunny ]

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/17 20:30:17 )

@vitreus:
It did SOMETHIN man! I've been so cranky today for no reason lmao

I feel like I just need to sit in a cold ass pool and drink koolaid

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/17 20:32:19 )
@Jolly: to be fair i wanna do that too now - even if i didnt have a haunted hot dog >w>
- [ miss sunny ]

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/17 20:38:01 )

@vitreus:
There's just something about floating in chill water
Aside from obviously cooling off, it just feels clean and muscles are fully relaxing and just.. ugh I want xd

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/17 20:40:38 )
@Jolly: i think its the fact that u feel lighter so ur brain goes "oh im not stressed since im not tense!"
- [ miss sunny ]

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/17 20:44:26 )

@vitreus:
Yeah that. ooo reminds me, I should go sit in a float tank sometime. i think one got installed in one of the spas here.
They sound amazing

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/17 20:53:38 )
@Jolly: whats a float tank :0
- [ miss sunny ]

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/17 20:57:49 )

@vitreus:
They are these indoor pools fit for a single person. They make the water dense with salts or something, so you can float without effort.
just kinda meant to relax all your senses and its just you and your thoughts

might not be for everyone, but for someone as busy as I've been, it kinda sounds nice to just pause

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/17 20:58:58 )
@Jolly: :0!!! thats so cool, i wanna try one :D
- [ miss sunny ]

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/17 20:59:54 )

@vitreus:
Check if you have one in any spas near you! They're not very uncommon I think :D

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 01:55:43 )

Once I got the worse food poisoning of my life from a Chinese place in NYC. It was awful. Everything you could imagine. I also went through all my pairs of underwear too.

Anyway long story short, I understand how horrible what you just went through was. I hope that you can feel better soon.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 18:08:43 )

@totalanimefan:
Oh no, that sounds awful! Mine was pretty painful in my guts and burnt my esophagus pretty badly (acid vomit, I swear), but once I got it out of my system, I just had acid reflux and malnutrition slapping me around for the last like.. 48 hours lmao
Today I'm feeling MUCH better. Still mildly fatigued and unmotivated, but my esophagus feels like it healed and my acid reflux symptoms went away.

I got it worse than my friend did, so at least he didn't get the meanest hotdog of the bunch xD
That or he downplayed it.

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — buckaroo Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 18:40:36 )
nooo it's the hot dog from hell
i'm so sorry you got food poisoning wahh literally the worst
i've had it 3 times and it lowkey made me consider taking a break from food in general lol

Voltie — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 21:59:29 )
Hoping work doesn't kick your butt today like it did yesterday. (haha literally) But make sure to keep hydrated! The worst that can happen from food poisoning is dehydration. Best wishes to your guts and head.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.