Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Camp Breaker 2020 Crystal's Cozy Campfire Chat & Cuddle!

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/27 08:07:28 )

Sidle up to the campfire, warm your hands or grab some hot cocoa. We have ingredients for making S'mores, or we can just chat about have you ever gone to camp, gone camping or just want to sit and listen to others as we all cuddle together.

One experience myself that I had, with camp was a day camp I went to for a week when I was in Girl Scouts. We went to this camp, called Camp Potpourri that had a mascot of a skunk. Our troop was "Team Hummingbird" and we did some fun crafts during the day and then went home at the end of the day. One thing I remember doing was baking something in a tin foil oven and making ice cream in bags with milk and sugar shook over rock salt and ice in another bag. On the last night, we ended up having a sleep over at the camp. I never had slept over anywhere before and I had forgotten my pillow so I was sleeping on my backpack and even though I had a sleeping bag I was still cold. I ended up getting sick on my way to the bathroom, but was fine by the next day.

On another occasion, with a school field trip, we went to some Campground called Rainbow something, up in the mountains. It was a day trip, so we go there early, did some hiking, played some games with the other kids, and then went to sleep in tents. Next morning we got up early, made breakfast hung around a bit more and then went home. It was pretty neat, but aside from sleeping in a boat on a river, I've never really done any other out-of-doors camping/sleeping away from home.

Feel free to share your experiences too :)

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/27 21:26:45 )

*sips Cocoa by the fire and stares at the flames as she sits sadly alone*

Donator — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/27 21:52:27 )
I went camping with one of my elementary school’s classes. I think it was my fifth grade class. My mom chaperoned. I think we did scavenger hunts and worked on nature journals and went on hikes and we made s'mores, cooked potatoes, and grilled sandwiches.

I remember going camping with my family a few times too. I always hated being around bugs tho... Mostly mosquitos. I hated the bathrooms or using it outdoors too.. I sorta have a bathroom-related phobia. orz

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/27 22:50:24 )

@Kent:

Luckily the places I went to, had like literal bathrooms to go to. I never had a "poop in a bush" kind of deal ever. Both trips had us young kids and it was a campground that was still civilized. No going off the beaten path or anything lol. I'd feel weird having no toilet to relieve myself into.

Donator — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/27 23:21:18 )
@crystalkitsune85: Yeah, I’ve been to parks with buildings that have restrooms too. But I hate it when it’s just a hole in a ground. Makes me so paranoid. orz I’ve probably only relieved myself once or twice outdoors. XD

Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/27 23:31:11 )

Though the time I spent the night on a boat in the middle of a river one time, there was four of us, and one tiny port o potty. I was the only girl so I had to pee in there, everyone else just went over the side of the boat XD

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 00:08:20 )

Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ 'pokes head in and looks around' hello 'waves' <:3( )~~

Voltie — she Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 07:33:43 )
I'm not normal...

oooh hot cocoa sounds nice right now.

I'm paranormal

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 07:48:02 )

@star2000shadow:

Hello! Welcome to the campfire. Feel free to share stories of any of your camp related adventures.

@spookyfangula: *Passes you a mug of cocoa.* Would you like some mini marshmallows?

Voltie — she Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 07:54:28 )
I'm not normal...

@Crystalkitsune85: that sounds delicious, yes and thank you.

I'm paranormal

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 08:28:52 )

@spookyfangula:

Sorry for the late response. Here you go

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 15:15:54 )
I did a lot of camping growing up. Some of my best memories were sitting around a bon fire with family and friends. Stuffing cheese balls down the chipmunk holes and getting them to to eat out of our hands was awesome as well.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 16:41:36 )

Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight | Gunslinger

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Crystalkitsune85: Hmm i don't have very many Camp related tales, i only got to go once so 'shrugs' <:3( )~~

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 21:55:54 )

@star2000shadow: I mean I never got to go to like a legit sleep away, summer camp. I just had school and Girl Scout related stuff. We couldn't really afford legit camps. And when we went to camp sites as a kid with my grandparents, we had a fifth wheel camper, so it was like home away from home.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 22:03:05 )

Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight | Gunslinger

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
Crystalkitsune85:

@star2000shadow: I mean I never got to go to like a legit sleep away, summer camp. I just had school and Girl Scout related stuff. We couldn't really afford legit camps. And when we went to camp sites as a kid with my grandparents, we had a fifth wheel camper, so it was like home away from home.

i was only able to go because my church worked together to send me. <:3( )~~

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 22:09:02 )

What we did do, was fun. I think because I was pretty much in a bubble as a kid because my grandparents were over protective, even if they could send me, they wouldn't of wanted me gone away for long periods of time. I was in a private school until 5th grade, then I was home schooled because they didn't want me in public school. They heard too many horror stories from the public schools so home school was the only other option.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/29 03:09:52 )

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ wow..that's..just wow.. <:3( )~~

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/29 04:50:05 )

@star2000shadow: Even my high school was home done. But at high school, it's called "Independent Learning" so you're your own teacher, rather then your parent. What's funny is, before we moved the place I was going to, gave me written tests...that I HATE and I am very bad at. I was a C average student. When we moved and I transferred to the Independent Learning Center here, I did my last two high school years and went from C to an A student because they gave me oral tests. I could answer questions asked to me, rather than reading them.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/29 17:57:17 )

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
Crystalkitsune85:

@star2000shadow: Even my high school was home done. But at high school, it's called "Independent Learning" so you're your own teacher, rather then your parent. What's funny is, before we moved the place I was going to, gave me written tests...that I HATE and I am very bad at. I was a C average student. When we moved and I transferred to the Independent Learning Center here, I did my last two high school years and went from C to an A student because they gave me oral tests. I could answer questions asked to me, rather than reading them.

hmm that seems ..very cool..'tilts head' I'm not good with oral or paper test haha. but then i've been out of school fo ra while.

<:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/29 20:59:35 )

@star2000shadow: Yeah same. The last year I was in college was 2010 so over a decade of no school.

"Oh, the tired horror!"

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.