Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment Catradora (SPOP season 5 *spoilers*)

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/20 19:13:42 )
I grew up in the 1980s when the original She-Ra: Princess of Power aired. Like everyone else, I was a bit dubious about the reboot. There's been a shift in animation style since the 80s and 90s, and I'm not really a fan, but I loved She-Ra so I gave the new show a chance. And it's actually fantastic. The art actually grew on me. They kept the main storyline, that Princess Adora was raised by the Evil Horde but comes to join the rebellion.

And I've loved every episode for the past five seasons. I've been so ecstatic about all the queer rep. Bow has two dads, and Double Trouble was changed to a nonbinary character (and they are my favorite!). Spinnerella and Netossa were introduced as a married lesbian couple. All the incredible representation was seamlessly integrated into the world of Etheria and I thought it couldn't get any better.

But then.

Catra and Adora confessed their love for each other and they KISSED. And I cried a little and I'm still screaming. lol

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 01:05:31 )
@Eldweena: Uhoh, I'm going to have to catch up. That sounds Adora-ble. Its one of my dog's favorite shows, too. He loves Swift Wind. My dog goes nuts for horses :p

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/22 03:44:25 )
@Glume: hahaha! I love that. I worry when my cat watches what I watch, cause it's usually true crime. I'm not sure my pet should be showing such a keen interest in murder... Hope you enjoy the rest of the series. Season 3 didn't hold my interest too well, but it picked up after that.

@Bioshock: Wrong Hordak had me cracking up the whole time! And the fact that they just called him that all the time was hilarious, even. But I thought Melog was a weird name to give Catra's alien cat. Its original name wasn't great, either, though; in the 80s she was "Clawdeen." lol

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/22 10:48:59 )
@Eldweena: I had to start completely over and re-watch the whole thing because I would sometimes have it playing in the background for the dog while I did other things.
So... my dog first started watching TV when I was watching The Thing. He saw the part where _____SPOILER ALERT_____ the doggos in the movie get taken over by the thing. _____END SPOILER____ and he threw a fit, and was glued to the screen for the rest of the movie. After that, I tried showing him other types of TV because I worried I was corrupting his sweet doggy brain lol. He absolutely loves anything with horses in it, and can recognize even the worst cartoon versions of them. His favorite show is Steven Universe, which he will watch curled up on the couch. He really doesn't like some of the horror movies I put on... usually he'll just cry for the cast if its low-key horror, but if its zombies or if anyone gets seriously hurt he will leave the room entirely. Action movies are great because he'll whine and bark at the cast whenever there is a fight scene. He gets into it. He's way too smart for his own good.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.