Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Haven't taken our dog out for over a month now...

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/6 15:55:26 )
A lot of people still are. But we thought that it's safer to stay inside.
It's getting close to 2 months now actually.

I don't know if this is becoming super unhealthy for her, but lately we notice that she's more and more aggressively barking at noises outside the apartment (when she thinks that there might be someone at the door or the hallway).

Although, when we do get deliveries in our unit - she seems to be excited to meet the person.

So yeah, I don't know if it's just unhealthy to keep her cooped up in our apartment for this long. Thankfully she is potty trained to use the pee pads, so that's nice. There were a couple times where we got her doggy playpen outside in our balcony though, and that has been the most outside that she's ever been during this whole time.

Am I being a bad doggy mom? T_T

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/6 22:37:57 )
I don't own a pet but I don't think you're a bad owner. Maybe she's probably getting quite used to being inside for more than a month. I'm really sorry if I'm unable to give you a good advice. ^_^;

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/7 00:55:18 )
@ChiffonOrange: That's okay! And thank you for saying that ^o^
Yeah, she does seem to be getting used to the indoor life. We can tell that she's still eager to go outside and have her walks again..
But she seems to accept and is content in being inside. The good side to this is that I'm always home with her! (Since I now work from home)

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/7 00:56:58 )

I don’t know where you live so I can’t say but I just walk my dog like one block to pee and back. I never run into another human when I do this. If you aren’t meeting anyone outside it’s ok to walk the dog for a short walk.

Also you dog could just be bored.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/7 01:03:29 )
@Totalanimefan: There's a lot of people who walk their dog around our area - we're just bound to run into someone! lol
We also live in a very dog-friendly apartment (most everyone has a dog or cat here)

Yeah, she does seem to be getting bored.. She's been chewing more on thing that she shouldnt

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/7 05:38:49 )

@kwisshiie: oh I see. It could be hard to avoid someone.
Make sure that you play with her more now that she is inside more. ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/7 05:40:54 )
@kwisshiie: I see. *nods* That's good to hear ^_^

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/7 05:45:15 )
    Dog is bored.
    Wear mask, go on walk, entertain dog, come home, wash hands.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.