Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Mother's Day Advice [gift help]

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/5 19:01:44 )
Heyooo!!! I'd like some advice or ideas for this upcoming mother's day!
This isn't a present for my mother specifically and the situation is a bit different ;w;

This is going to be my first Mother's Day as a mother! Which I am so very very VERY excited about ;w;
That being said, my little dumpling is adopted~
His biological parents are my older brother and his wife
This is short, to the point and missing a lot of meaningful meat to the story but it gets the info out there xD
I am infertile.
My older brother and his wife have MANY children and offered to have a child for me ♥
And they did! Lo and behold I have my son!

I personally want to get my brother and his wife something as a "Thank you for helping me be a mother on Mother's Day" present xD
Aaaannnd I have the big dumb and need to workshop some ideas on what to get them ;w;
I'm sure I can tie in heartfelt sentiments into whatever gifts I give em. Just need to figure out what to give them.
Or should I get them something at all? Would it be weird if I did that? ;3;

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/5 19:55:36 )
@Keo: There are some cute surrogate gift ideas on etsy. Like a necklace that says, "Not the mommy, just the stork." And you can pick the stone color and add engravings. Or maybe to a plaque with an engraving? I'm honestly not sure what they'd like since I don't know them. XD
I don't think it's weird at all. I think it's sweet.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/5 22:30:21 )
@PoeticTorment: my only reservation about ordering from Etsy or online would if it gets here by Sunday?
I do love that idea!
Sidenote: during my baby shower me and my SiL posed for a picture with a sign that said "My bun, Her Oven." It was pretty cute >u<
My SiL is a big sap for sentimental stuff. My brother likes to pretend he's not but he is. Lol
I was thinking of maybe a picture in a nice frame? But am unsure where'd they put it @M@;;
Thanks! I just didn't want to be all awkward xD

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/5 22:38:35 )
@Keo: I'm not sure? Everything has been slow on delivery thanks to everything going on.
That's a good idea. You can always do a cute quote on the frame to personalize it. A small one I'm sure they'd find room for?
Please ping!! I'm a busy mom and tend to get lost~

^^Page prizes = FREE Sketch!!
It's only forever~ It's not long at all...

Donator — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/6 01:26:08 )
Maybe get a card that simply says 'Thank you' on the front or inside,and then write in your own message to complete it? Any idea if your SiL likes flowers? If so,you could get her some,and perhaps a gift card for your bro? I think it's super sweet that you wanna get them something! I bet they'll appreciate the thought!

Art by the fabulous Inatlaka!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/6 02:01:45 )
I'm sorry but I don't have any suggestions/ideas but this is so sweet and congratulation on your first Mothers day. Your little boy has a wonderful Mum.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/10 19:20:48 )
Awwww you guys are all so nice! Thanks for the suggestions.
I racked my mind with so many things but in the end, there really wasn't anything that could express my gratitude and love to the extent I wanted ;3;
So I ended up getting them a few things they wanted and I knew they were eyeing up. Kuerig coffee machine with some coffee pods and fancy mugs with pretty sayings on them. I also got them so much damn candy lmao.
I'm gone babyyyyyyy~~~
You can find me on
DV // TH // Lasria
....Sry I don't do discord....

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.