Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Hey ✧゚・: *ヽ(・∀・ノ) * :・゚✧

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 14:55:49 )

@Keturah: yesss i've made some of my most long-lasting friends on sites like these |D it's just not the same compared to most social media platforms nowadays.

haha being homebound in quarantine freed up some time for me to work on it so i'm seizing it the opportunity !!
    but also i feel you, i drew fanart for the past few years because i didn't really have much inspiration for my original stuff "orz

i'm pretty vague on pricing because the shop i have is just a general doodle shop that i open once in a blue moon... but it's about 100 ohm -> 2k volts i think? going by recent prices i've seen around the exchange. i don't really pay attention to it all that much 'cause i'm too casual hahah

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 14:56:28 )

also @ what @eleven: said, same. LOL

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 14:57:51 )
@Eleven:
LOL
WE SEEMED TO HAVE CHOSEN A VERY SIMILAR NAME AND JOINED TOGETHER IN A VERY SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME.
I've never met her before but Keturah has been my art name since I was 17, haha!

Hopefully we can be unique enough that people won't confuse us;;;;

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 15:02:29 )
@pachi:
Oh for sure!!!
I love friendships from sites like these that evolve past the website too! Some of my older art friends used to play gaia and draw but no longer do but we still get on so well! it's lovely!

This is the perfect time to do personal work!!! i only wish I was MORE motivated than I am right now. I'm at least currently working on an OC outfit sheet for a character I've been meaning to get down visually for months! Even if I'm taking forever to complete it, at least I'm doing it!!
Mad respect to you for putting your free time towards something so productive and so cool looking!

LOL that'll probably be me, oof!!!
does that mean you can't trade in Ohm? you just ask for volts and use that to buy items?
it's so weird this site doesn't have a market place like gaia so you can't see an items worth except on the forum. :O
Maybe when I get more free time I'll open up a temp shop and see how it goes~
I love the doodles done in yours owo
do you have social medias I can check out?~ ;;

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 15:04:05 )
@Keturah: hahaha well I'm sure people won't confuse you later on because you'll come up in different circumstances

you can put ohms into trades

e
and after love and loss and all the tears that I cried, I find that here we are in the future

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 15:08:55 )
@eleven:
Haha, I hope so!!! I do have other online names I could change it to if it becomes an issue!
I've never met someone with a similar name before :O

and thank you!!!
I wasn't sure as I know some sites don't let you trade the currency you buy with real money~

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 15:09:18 )

@Keturah: yeahhh sameee
    i've had some of these friends for a decade+ now haha we go waaaay back (god we're old)

even getting started is hard sometimes so i commend you for working on it!! yeah!!
    i only recently started working on my comic again after taking a 8 year hiatus (in which i drew fancomics to level up haha)

ye olde fashioned exchange like how those small sites did it in the past haha customer interactions are required here |D but there's the price guide and i guess you can also barter with people

my gallery site is linked in my profile, and my social medias are linked in there :3 i mostly yell about jp games and series though, been too busy working on original stuff to post art.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 15:14:40 )

@Keturah: thank you! You can always check out the Item Museum if you want to get a feel for all the items. We have some adorable ones!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 15:25:18 )
@pachi:
Haha omg don't!! I'm so old when I remember how long I've been on certain sites.
06 gaia player!

That's awesome tho! I could never get into doing fanart, I just feel so pressured to do good work that anything I try and do fanart of just comes out looking shite. It's a bit frustrating but at least means I do a lot more OC content.

Oh damnnn I should take a lookie at some trading posts and see how it goes down!!

OOP I'M SILLY AND SAW UR PROFILE BUT DIDN'T PUT 2 AND 2 TOGETHER!
I loveee your website art, looks gorgeous~

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 15:26:09 )
@sunny:
Omgg yess! I was checking out that thread and it's why I say this sites pixels are so detailed, it's so cooll
There's so many I want already :OOOO!!!!!

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 15:31:51 )

@Keturah: my gaia acc is from '04 LOLLL we're ancient 😔
    there are children on the internet younger than our accs and that is unsettling hahaha

i do a ton of sketches and scribbles tbh... need to hunker down and actually do more finished pieces too ~_~ my OCs were/are severly neglected but i've been redrawing a ton of them lately so i guess there's that

LOLLLLL it's okay
    thank you!!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 15:52:48 )
@pachi:
OMG Don't remind me odsfjdksfhksdhf
Even my younger sister is feeling so old to me now, haha! She's 20 and I'm so weirded out I remember being 20 xD

Sketches and doodles are good tho!! Much better than nothing but I do get that feeling of wanting to do more refined work!
I constantly worry I'll forget how to draw in a certain way if I don't do it again soon, ughhgjdfhjd

No problem!! I hope to see more of your doodles and maybe you'll see mine around when I eventually post em! :3

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 16:01:03 )

@Keturah: 20 feels like so long ago... fhjshjhjfhg

ooooof i feel that too
    though i know style will evolve as well... but i'm at the stage where i'm happy with how i draw my OCs now (for the most part) woohoo

yessss
    are you going to be making a gallery thread? :o
    or art shop
    i'll come hang around hehe

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 16:30:09 )
@pachi:
fkjsdhfkdhskfh Ikr! For me it's not THAT long ago but I'm like ageing faster than I'd like LOL
How old are you?? (if I can ask!) I'm 24! 25 in July omgfksjdjhfkdshfh

That's awesome! I'm so happy for you! You work is definitely something to be proud of!
It feels so good to finally enjoy most of the art I produce. Durh I still need to improve but i'm happy and willing to work hard to improve.

I was thinking of doing a gallery thread and seeing if people like my work ect as I know my style doesn't always suit more anime-orientated sites.
I'd love if you came to hangout, haha!
I'm wondering how far back to post my art as I'm super slow lately. Should I start from jan 2020 or more April??? hmmmmmm

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 17:25:43 )

@Keturah: i'm 28 LOL ... so old

sameee |D always trying to improve !! been playing with more muted palettes lately but that also seems like a trend right now? hfhdfhg

i've seen a pretty wide variety of styles from people on here :o i think you'll be fine!
    and you can go as far back as you like ~
    i'm honestly pretty bad at posting my stuff on here but i also would just like to keep it to avatar-related stuff |D

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 17:46:03 )
@pachi:
LOL not that old at all!!! You sounded so dramatic I almost expected older LOL
((also tysm for accepting my friend request ;w;;;))

who doesn't love a good muted pallett!!!!
I've been trying to do more likenesses studies but I got bored after 3 already LOL and went back to character design fdkjhfkdsf
I'm very one track minded until I'm not....;;;

ayyy I posted my thread! It's basic and I wanna make it pretty at some point but for now It'll do to dump stuff in
* v*
..... maybe I should keep it avatar related??? that's if I even draw avatars from here omgdfkjgd

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 18:23:14 )

@Keturah: LOLLL i feel that age but at the same time i don't but then when i lurk around fandom online (on the english-speaking side) most of these people are 18-20 i'm screaming
    (np ;3)

oof i try to do studies too but it's also more fun just.... drawing for your own satisfaction LOL

ooooo i'm gonna go look :o
    and naw put whatever you like in it !! show off your art!!
    on a related note, i completely forgot about the thread i made on here to dump my comic related doodles ... maybe i'll revive it again hah

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 18:31:40 )
@pachi:
LOL OMG THAT'S SO TRUE FSDKJHFSDKHF
I hate being so much younger than the usual fan of anything I'm into. Especially when I join any art server or community and I'm so much older than most people;; I feel weirdddd, haha!

TRUEEE
I'm trying to do more studies to kickstart my learning again as I kept feeling like I was stagnating
still 100% valid just to draw ur own art. Any drawing = progress towards improving tbh

LOL omg you should!!!!
I'd love to see your comic doodles and also gives ya more stuff to post if you feel you're taking awhile! It's why I hoped making a dump for WIPs and doodles might make me feel a bit better cus I'm a v slow artist
;w;<3
( ✧≖ ͜ʖ≖)
art dump ll instagram ll twitter

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 18:43:21 )

@Keturah: it's okay, i'm still young compared to lots of fans in the JP side of the fandom(s) i'm in /scream

hahahah i also feel that
    feels like i've plateaued but also not? progression is weird and definitely not linear for sure

the next part (or rather, the rest of chapter 1) of my comic is still under works but i'm slowly getting there... backgrounds and stuff are fun (not)
    but now i recently dived into a new fandom and i've been getting off-track by drawing fanart for that LOL

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 19:42:04 )

@Keturah: hi welcome to Voltra. Have you lived in London your whole life?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.