Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day Event 2020 ♥ ∠( ᐛ 」∠)_ ♥ - PAGE GOAL: 420 we did it ny'all

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/3 04:51:04 )

@Lilykin: yeah... i slightly miss my retail work only for the human interaction and actually moving around
    office job has me melting into my chair 24/7 during quarantine -_-

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/3 04:58:52 )
@pachi:
I was forever drinking water so I'd have to get up frequently lol. The receptionist job I had was a good ratio of work to human interaction. I wouldn't mind doing that again.

Hmm, "Sell Donut" is an intriguing job proposition but I think I'll pass lol. I miss when craigslist had easy no questions asked jobs. /sigh

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/3 05:03:49 )

@Lilykin: yeah i bring a lot of water to work with me too ~u~

sell donut... lol...
    upside: donut
    downside: sell

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/3 05:04:07 )
Pachi changed!

I ended up making a grilled ham and cheese sandwich. So good.

I don't miss retail at all. I hate customer interaction, it makes me pull out my hair and would make me so socially spent after work. Now, I basically am IT customer service on an IT help desk LOL. :(

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/3 05:05:15 )

i did! can't stop playing with these items~

oh that sounds good :Q!

haha i liked the customer interaction, it's satisfying helping them but also... it really depends
    we didn't get yelled at 'cause it was post office and we have their packages hostage :b

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/3 05:07:39 )
@pachi:
It's a local donut shop. They are pretty nice but there's definitely a language barrier there. AND I don't fancy getting up before dawn lol

@Kreatura:
I think that would drive me bonkers. I'm always trouble shooting things over the phone for my parents and grandparents. They are not tech savvy

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/3 05:07:57 )
It can be up to a point but the negative customers always seem to trump over the positive ones unfortunately. Oof, imagine working in the postal service now. I know the Australian Post is being absolutely slammed.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/3 05:08:53 )
@lilykin: My job is full of professionals, but in their own field. Despite having degrees in science they just simply cannot grasp computers at all.It's amazing.

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/3 05:11:08 )

ok yeah waking up at ass o'clock is nooooope
    i wish i can start work at 11 instead of 9:30 =_=.. i'm really not a morning person

last time i went they had plexiglass screens up and all that but i'm concerned for my former boss, she's not exactly young

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/3 05:14:21 )
I've been loving quarantine as I usually need to leave the house by 630 to get to work on time at 8am. My commute now is from my bed to a chair. I love sleep ins *__*

Yeah a lot of places here have screens up too, mostly big companies. The smaller businesses dont and they're usually run by older people. :(

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/3 05:16:01 )
@Kreatura:
My father, for whatever reason, could not figure out how to screenshot his computer even though I walked him through step-by-step. Instead, he took a photo, printed the photo, scanned the photo, and then posted it to FB.

I have never been more baffled

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/3 05:17:03 )

see i thought i'd be saving more time each day because no commuting but i've just been making my sleep schedule wack

i waste an hour after waking up on my phone and then suddenly it's work time LOL...

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/3 05:17:20 )
@lilykin: WOW I love it. At least he's being creative I guess but would be frustrating for you since you showed him. (Can relate)

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/3 05:18:37 )
I've somehow ruined my sleeping for the past few days. I haven't been able to get to sleep before 1am. I haven't done that in YEARS. Is this what not having to wake up at dumb hours is like???

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/3 05:19:12 )
I didn't sleep until 4 whooops >_>

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/3 05:19:19 )

it's currently 12:18am and normally i would be asleep by now (on weekdays) and i'm. hfgf. yesterday i slept at almost 3am AJKJKFJKG

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/3 05:19:45 )

i'm not as young anymore i can't do all-nighters and my body keeps waking me up early LOL

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/3 05:21:08 )
I definitely can't do all-nighters but insomnia don't care

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/3 05:21:57 )
HOW DO YOU GUYS DO IT. I haven't seen 4am since I just finished high school.

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/3 05:23:07 )
Personally, I just suffer the next day. Usually a headache
~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.