Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Cutting dog's nails

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 23:21:55 )

How do you guys do it?
DO I really have to be giving her LOTS of treats everytime? So far I was able to clip off 3 of my dog's nails in 2 days. That was last weekend. One on Saturday and two on Sunday. I had work Monday-Wednesday so I didn't get a chance to cut her nails then. Today I am off work, and so I decided to continue. But today was unsuccessful. She seemed more unwilling today, and I didn't want to force her. ugh

She seems to have improved and isn't much afraid of the clipper. Not even the clipper touching her nails. I guess it's just when I'm holding her paw firmly and gently tucking away her fur aside to show her nails. idk, is she like freaked out about that? lol

If only I can do it in one swift motion, she would let me. It seems like she just doesn't like the fact that she sees me mutilating her nails lol

I was able to cut all of her nails back when she was younger (2months old - around the 2nd week since we got her). She was less aware of her body that time. The groomer even said that I apparently did a good job, too! (I took her to the groomer when she was 6 months to get a trim. Asked if she can also get her nails cut, but groomer says it was well done so she didn't do anything on her nails that time) Which I guess is the reason why her nails hasn't really gotten that long since now that she's 9 months old lol

Anywho, do you guys always give LOTS of treats to your dogs when you cut them? Like, how many? Should I shower her in treats? Which specific treats do you give to them?
My dog is purebred - so her stomach is very sensitive. I don't want to overfeed her treats. ugh. Any suggestions??

(Lol this post turned out longer than I planned)

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 23:32:33 )

It is s difficult. My husband usually does that part.

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/24 00:43:34 )

》::: ✿・`.*
If anyone has secrets share lmao
My chihuahua is so insanely dramatic when we do hers. She wiggles around and gets so pissed at me :(. I feel awful but I know its to help her in the long run
*.`・✿ ::: 《

Please ping me!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/26 01:13:14 )

I am looking for some items in my quest thread!
I can offer a trade or art for them!

Your avatar is really cute! <3

Come chill at The Treehouse or visit my Item Trading Thread!
[Pixels by Ghost & DragonicKittens!]

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/27 01:11:51 )
@inatlaka: How does he do ittt?? What's his secret?

@milkshake: i know right! same here! it's for our fur babies' sakes :c We're doing this because we love them! Otherwise, it will be so uncomfortable for them to walk around...

Sorry I didn't get any notifications on this thread. I thought I would receive notices that someone had replied to my thread! I just randomly remembered to check it now lol :viosweat:

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/27 04:06:07 )

@kwisshiie: I'm going to ask him when he does it. I'ma watch carefully. And I will take notes.

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.